European Championship

mutu

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. Our disgusting socks cause your team to just mess up. Same happened with France. Next time you guys should combine orange and blue too. The opposition will cower as you approach the field.

We Italians hate the French

But I cant believe Italy lost! Omfg!

Dammit Dio!

Italia Best vincere la prossima volta!

Just to have it in this thread...

So, Portugal vs Germany now. Me watching.

I'm guessing a 3-2 for Portugal.

Edit: Forget that. 2-1 for Germany..

I'm looking forword to Russia's match.

Get ownd you ex-commies!

Looks like those ex-commies were the ones who did the owning! Wow. They completely wiped the floor with Holland. Destroyed them. Everyone related to me is rooting for Russia (since Serbia isn't in, Russia is like the closest thing we have :P) so I'm so happy! I didn't even get to see the extra time (saw a million replays though), I was at someone's party, and then my friend looked up the scores on his phone and I was like just like :D!

Arshavin was the main difference and I think the Dutch missed Robben a lot, for me though Russia deserved to go through as they tried harder than Holland.

Tonights match is interesting with Spain and Italy, bit I am going for Spain as they have a quality starting XI and very good subs like Fabregas, plus Italy have suspensions to key players such as Pirlo (their playmaker) and Gattuso.

I had a long comment. But then effin FireFox failed me.. :(

Anyhow, in short: Van Basten failed again. It seemed they thought they'd own with ease again, just like they did in the match against Italy, France and Romania. He didn't have Robben in and waited far to long with van Persie, thinking they'd get it in the second half.

Russia relied a lot on a counter. Hiddink, being a traitor, knows how 'we' play and has, unfortunately, done great.

Hubris...

Looking at the previous matches, I'd say Holland deserved it (much) more than Russia. But yesterday they just messed up. Just looking at yesterdays match, yeah, then Russia certainly deserved it. Would have been great though. Winning the EC after 20 years.

But hey, had a great time yesterday. We (5 friends and I) went to Delft. None of you probably know what it is though... it's a small 'city'. Anyway, went to see the match there. Got sort of drunk.. today they said that I walked... well... y'know. With a huge arc towards my cycle. Guess just having it for these occasions doesn't do any real harm..

Is it normal it other countries to go to these places and watch the match with a big crowd? Just curious.

Rofl, I love how when big teams get beat it's always "they just messed up". They got beat, and not just beat, but destroyed. The Russians were playing the entire game like they just started, the Dutch players couldn't even walk by the second extra time. They deserve their semi-final spot.

Anyway, who do you guys think will win the next games?

Germany v. Turkey: Germany

Russia v. Spain: Russia

and then, Germany v. Russia (in the final) and Russia wins it all.

If you watched their previous matches you'd have seen that they just messed up. They thought they could use their exact same tactics again, and obviously that wouldn't work with Russia's tight defences.

I've also seen all of Russia's poul matches and I can say that they didn't play great at all. As I said, without Hidding they wouldn't have been able to do it. He did a very good job.

Germany VS Spain? Not sure, but that'd seem most likely to happen.

Edit: To the "big teams". I thought Holland would get completely raped in their poul. To my big surprise they defeated Italy and even France and after seeing those matches I thought they actually stood a fair chance if they'd continue at the level of footbal they performed during those matches. But as I said, they didn't. They did pretty much mess up. Van Basten should have known that he couldn't keep the same arrangement (right word?). Or he should have at least kept his mouth shut about it...

Oh, and when I say they messed up, I do mean that they played bad, but could have done much better. Hubris as I said.

If you watched their previous matches you'd have seen that they just messed up. They thought they could use their exact same tactics again, and obviously that wouldn't work with Russia's tight defences.

I've also seen all of Russia's poul matches and I can say that they didn't play great at all. As I said, without Hidding they wouldn't have been able to do it. He did a very good job.

Germany VS Spain? Not sure, but that'd seem most likely to happen.

Russia is the better team, that's why they won, as simple as that. If the Netherlands were the better team, they would've known their same old tactics wouldn't work, and they would've not gotten their asses handed to them in extra time.

If Russia didn't play "great at all" then I wonder what you think about the way the Netherlands played. Because if the Russians played bad, then I'm assuming you must think the Dutch played like utter shit, right? They couldn't even walk in extra time! Meanwhile the Russian players seemed like they just started playing.

Here's to hoping Russia gets to the finals because after their performance against the Netherlands, I really think they deserve to be there! :)

----

Also, did anyone catch Spain and Italy? I thought it was pretty boring up until the penalty kicks (which were quite exciting for me at least).

I was taling about the poul rounds. Russia really wasn't interesting then. Netherlands was. Basten was stupid and didn't change his tactics and the Hidding made good use of his failure. Saturday the Netherlands did play crap. Pretty amazed at how Russia played when comparing it to how they played in their poul.

Seriously, have you even seen all of Russia's and Holland's matches? Cause then I think you would agree that during the poul matches, the Dutch played much, much better.

But hey, when it actually came to it they failed. Better luck next time.

Only saw the penalties. Was at someones birthday party during the rest of the match. Hoping Spain wins the tournament now.