7 year old girl killed in 'Mortal Kombat Re-enactment'

MrLlamaLlama

GREELEY, Colo. -- A Johnstown teenager has been ordered to stand trial after a 7-year-old girl in his care died in what police said was a beating that imitated the "Mortal Kombat" video game.

A Weld County judge ruled Friday there was enough evidence to warrant a trial for Lamar Roberts, 17, accused of child abuse resulting in the Dec. 6 death of Zoe Garcia and child abuse resulting in serious injury. A trial date will be set after a June 20 court hearing.

His girlfriend, Heather Trujillo, 16, Zoe's half-sister, is scheduled to stand trial July 7. Both will be tried as adults.

Zoe died of blunt-force trauma to the head after she was hit, kicked and slammed to the floor as the teens reportedly re-enacted the video game, authorities have alleged. The two were baby-sitting while the sisters' mother, Dana Trujillo, 30, was at work.

During Friday's court hearing, Johnstown Police Detective Kathy Halldorson testified that Trujillo told police Roberts pushed Zoe, twisted her arms and held her ankles as she struggled to breathe.

Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving Zoe under running water before calling the sisters' mother and 911, according to court affidavits.

Roberts later told a friend, "he was doing martial arts on her (Zoe) and that his hands were registered weapons," Halldorson said.

Source

Fuck GTA killing people, this is just brutal.

Horrible. But this type of thing doesent just happen from people re-enacting a fighting game. I remeber hearing a few years ago, some boy accidently killed his younger brother by re-enacting a wrestling move he saw on tv. So yeah, the "JT's" of the world cant really use this as ammo against video games, cos things like this can happen with anything, movies, tv ect. maybe even books?

Edited by Sean.

^ But people don't intend to kill when they mimic the games, it just happens...

Shouldn't have tried it on a kiddie in the first place though, maybe someone who can at least mildly defend themselves / aren't afraid to speak out when they get hurt.

^ But people don't intend to kill when they mimic the games, it just happens...

Shouldn't have tried it on a kiddie in the first place though, maybe someone who can at least mildly defend themselves / aren't afraid to speak out when they get hurt.

yeah, they didn't intend to kill the girl... but do you think that these teens acted immature. i would be surprised if a 17 and 16 would do some game-inspired martial arts, thats just weird.
That's just not nice.

Why do people try imitating games, and try copying stuff? Violent madness, that's what I say.

As Alucardo said, people like that should not be released from prison, if they're going to doing things like that.

That's very unkind.... -_-

If you just imitate games for the lulz, as in parody Counter-Strike or GTA and then post it in Youtube (like for a school filmmaking project), it's OK, but this, the guys who killed a seven-year old is just plain immature...

FATALITY!

Shit, I'm sorry, yes I'm going to hell but I just had to say that because no one else had so far. And yeah, in all seriousness this is horrible, and she's only 7, wtf, if you're gonna fight at least choose someone of a similar age and size. Man there's some fucked up people in the world.

Reminds me of an article I read last night about a woman who was raped and tortured for 19 hours... not sure if I should post that here though.

FATALITY!

Shit, I'm sorry, yes I'm going to hell but I just had to say that because no one else had so far.

And yeah, in all seriousness this is horrible, and she's only 7, wtf, if you're gonna fight at least choose someone of a similar age and size. Man there's some fucked up people in the world.

Reminds me of an article I read last night about a woman who was raped and tortured for 19 hours... not sure if I should post that here though.

i clicked this topic. then it jumped down to that..i know slack, but i couldnt not laugh..

still pretty slack though, if they were the same age or something then it would be different, but...wtf.

I could see how this could have been an accident ... Me and my older brother used to beat the crap out of each other all the time when my mother was at work. It was just how we bonded ... so what I had to get stitches a few time. (And yes my brother is much older than me ... about 8 years).

It was probably all in fun and games until she got punched once a little too hard or fell into a table or chair.

Yes it was irresponsible ... but still it is not as horrible as you all are making it sound. He didn't wake up that day and think "hey ... I feel like killing my girlfriend's sister" It was most likely a complete accident.

They fought because it was something to do. Trust me I am a little sister and I loved fighting with my brother and his friends. The little girl probably wanted to because she wanted to prove that she was strong to her sister's boyfriend. It makes kids feel special when they throw a good punch and give someone older a black eye. They don't care as much when they get hurt. I have broken a rib due to my brother but I didn't care because I was able to give my big brother a bloody nose. They are trying to show that they are big and strong and a "big girl or boy." And it is never little vs little and big vs big ... it is usually a all out "death match" or big vs little.

They were just playing and things got out of hand.

FATALITY!

Or possibly "BRUTALITY!"

I think that its also the girl's false, dont you think?

And they should have stopped it when they felt enough pain.

The girls "false"? Why is she fake?

And it's called adrenaline. It's a defense mechanism.

If I was her I would not have told them to stop. Little kids are thick headed and she didn't know she was going to be seriously injured ... or it this case dead. No one really knew.

Apparently she wasn't all that thick headed.

[/insensitivity]

So it her false too.

Fault. And no, it wasn't. Yes, they all decided to fight, but none of them really knew that would happen. If you're laying blame, why on the one too young to see the danger?

Kids unfortunately get killed accidentally all of the time. That is one of the things of hindsight ... the what ifs and such. It is not always someones fault. Yes they could have been more careful and stopped early but they didn't know something tragic was going to happen.

The problem is when something bad happens everyone instantly points their fingers and tries to blame someone.