Sign in to follow this  
MarlenesFutureDad

Japanese Video Games

Has anyone played any Japanese video games lately? I have been playing a game for the Super Famicom called Itadaki Street 2 - Neon Sign wa Bara Iro ni and it's really fun to play. You have to purchase properties like Monopoly and invest the properties to make them grow. I also like Alice no Paint Adventure which is like Mario Paint and NBA Jikkyou Basket - Winning Dunk which is like a really awesome NBA game. The best part of playing Japanese video games is that you get to play with stuff that you could never buy at home. It's really awesome and everyone should try a Japanese video game at least once in his/her life.

Never actually played a Japanese game in the native language. In fact the only Japanese games I've played are the popular PlayStation 1 ones, that got translated to English because of their popularity (the Gran Turismo series, and the Tekken series). :P

Same here, I've played some games of the Devil May Cry series and most of the MGS series, I've played Resi 4 but I'm not sure if that's japanese.

Edit: Forgot about the Pro Evolution series.

Edited by IVAN ALEXANDROV

If you mean games made by Japanese companies, then I always play Pro Evolution Soccer series.

When I think about Japanese games, I think about games that were only released in Japan that you play through either a PlayStation 3, an imported video game console, or through an emulator.

When I wrote this forum post years ago, I was referring to video games that are exclusive to Japan. Back in 2008, I had a real obsession of playing video games on my emulator that were exclusive to Japan. I have found other hobbies in my life now and no longer play Japan-exclusive video games on the level I did back in 2008.