THQ releases new activities trailer for SR2 comparing activities to GTA4

GTA Don

Ha, I like where they've taken this game now actually.

The first Saints Row was their first sandbox game on a next gen console, had some nice features but it was really flawed and kinda sucked. GTA IV just blew it completely away. Now though, it looks like GTA IV has got some good competition, which btw, is the best thing that could ever happen - because, not R* will work even harder on GTAV (if it's happening) to beat Volition.

I can't wait to see how they parody GTA IV in this, what they've done with activities is unrealistic as hell but funny so should be better to play. Hope they've got other cool stuff too.

Then when it's GTA's turn, can't wait to see how they parody SR2... I love this cycle :)

looks like the game war has started again, years ago was the Driver series mocking the GTA series with Timmy Vermicelli and lots of other resemblance, it started from the mission: "Two-faced Tanner" in GTA III (the Driver started the sandbox game so they have the rights to do so, GTA wins because the Driv3r and Parallel lines had failed in PS2), now it's saints row which has started a decent game that's not totally sucked and now continues with much more chaotic sandbox game to beat the realisticly made GTA IV

i wonder who will win?? :dribble:

i'll definitely buy this game to compare the greatness, and i bet the next GTA will mock the hell out of saints row 2

Edited by Denny Crane!

The thing I'm worried about though is how they seem to have put a lot of effort into these activities. I reckon the storyline and other gameplay elements might suck - the fact they've actually made this video emphasising how great their activities are is what makes me think this.

But no one will ever beat GTA. I don't care though, I'll still buy SR2. A fun game no doubt, even if IV is better.

looks like the game war has started again, years ago was the Driver series mocking the GTA series with Timmy Vermicelli and lots of other resemblance, it started from the mission: "Two-faced Tanner" in GTA III (the Driver started the sandbox game so they have the rights to do so, GTA wins because the Driv3r and Parallel lines had failed in PS2), now it's saints row which has started a decent game that's not totally sucked and now continues with much more chaotic sandbox game to beat the realisticly made GTA IV

i'll definitely buy this game to compare the greatness, and i bet the next GTA will mock the hell out of saints row 2

I dont think Driv3r was that bad when it came out, it was just SA that was too good for it. Parallel Lines was the best Driver game so far, I really liked how you could switch era's and different cars and the storyline was good too.

Anyway is SR2 coming out on PS3?

Most likely, like GTAIV. I'm very glad to see this, seeing the big guys make fun of each other's games makes me crack up heaps ^_^

The graphics I have to agree are terrible, they only seem a bit better then San Andreas, but then again the video quality is bad too. And about that throwing guy onto train part, can't you push someone onto a train in GTAIV if you can get someone there? Some of these activities actually look fun, and exhadurated (However you spell it) as well. Monster trucks, throwing garbage onto peds, dressing up as cops robbing banks? The garbage that was spewing out looked like CJ vomiting in Cluckin' Bell and the robbing banks looks like it'll be a repetitive feature. I will try this, I'm not saying it's a bad game, but they sure have amped up the competition this time.

Edited by Rainbow Six

I dont think Driv3r was that bad when it came out, it was just SA that was too good for it. Parallel Lines was the best Driver game so far, I really liked how you could switch era's and different cars and the storyline was good too.

Anyway is SR2 coming out on PS3?

Yeah, I think it has already been confirmed, but I'll check it out anyway.

EDIT: Yes, it's coming out for the PS3 and the PC.

Edited by IVAN ALEXANDROV