Pinned Topics

Yeah, by default, the only thing IPB does to differentiate pinned topics from normal topics is 'sticky' them to the top of the board (which is usual) and add the prefix "Pinned:" to them.

This wasn't enough and people tended to skip past them, so I made the links bold so they'd stand out more. But, recently it's become even more apparent that people still miss them out - you can see just by looking down this forum's first page and the amount of store/money related topics, despite the fact there's a pinned one at the top explaining everything.

So, today I made it so announcements and pinned topics have the entire row a different and brighter colour to make them stand out more. It's yellow at the moment and I think it's good and attention-grabbing. We can easily change it if need be, but I think for now yellow is fine.

Let's hope it's as effective as planned.

Which numbers?

Below your avatars should be your forum rank (based on how many posts you have, but you can change it if you have >50 posts), Rank pips (based on how many posts you have), user group, post count, join date, rep log (visible to yourself and staff) with a count of warn entries, and your country flag.

I think it is a little too bright, Try a nice colour that may not be annoying to members whom know where the Pinned topics actually are. Are blue-ish colour could be quite good and Blue often stands (Not because it is my favourite colour, it is not my favourite colour for all who know Red is my favourite colour)

Which numbers?

Below your avatars should be your forum rank (based on how many posts you have, but you can change it if you have >50 posts), Rank pips (based on how many posts you have), user group, post count, join date, rep log (visible to yourself and staff) with a count of warn entries, and your country flag.

I think this is what he meant, I got it too.

1213040503.jpg

Nice Idea mate.

I think this will be alot of help to the newbs, atleast I hope so. I also was wondering Wtf happened when the pinned row was yellow... I thought it was IE7 since I'm using it (Don't ask me why, I don't know myself). Other than that, this all seems to be going well, Chris.