Router help

Sherman

I was setting up my router, and I was changing it to Static IP. Well, my computer gave me the site's (192.168.1.1) IP and everything. So, I ended up putting those in instead of my own IP. Then, I forgot to put in the DNS. So now, I cant access the internet through my router. I think I screwed up pretty bad, but is there a way to reset all the information on my router? I have a Linksys Cable/DSL 4-Port router model NR041.

Thanks

You worded it better at the other site

There's a button on the back of the router that resets everything. Are you just hooking computers up to the router? If so, set up the router so that it has as many computers as you have dhcp addresses. If you have 5 make the dhcp address range 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.104 then just set them on the computer. If the 192.168.1.1 is actually on the internet, then change the local ip of the router in the basic setup to something else.

Heh, Ill have to fix that then. The router is for my Ps2. So the disk that came with it is no help. And, I can't access that IP through here.. so I cant really change anything. I tried the reset button, all it did was reset the connection.. and it still didn't work. I've already contacted Linksys, but I doubt I'll have my question answered soon.

Miller, I am using a Lynksis router, all default settings, and I'm trying to use my PS2 and PSP through it.

The PSP uses wireless connection, and it lets me on for like 5 minutes before telling me it lost connection. The PS2((using the Network Adapter start-up disc)) says I have connection, but when I turn on Ratchet 3, it says I doesn't. On top of that anytime I screw with the modem or router to attempt to play PS2 online, I get like a 10-15 minute internet down-time. Also, on Christmas day, I had the PS2 online and playing my uncles new Nascar game online. Have any ideas on why it decided to shit out on me? Should I contact Lynksis, Skyline?

Linksys support sucks. I talked to a guy named "Apu", and after 10 minutes of getting my information, my personal life, my car insurance, my router model, and the manufacture of my "Playstation"((guy, if you don't know who the hell Sony is....)) he told me to contact Sony tech support.

No thank you, maybe later. No way do I want to deal with another idiot.