Make the forums more noticiable

All there is, is a little box at the side, maybe make it bigger, add statistics box at the bottom joining maybe. And there should be space for 2 more recent discussions in the forum box on the homepage. The forums are a big part of this site i'd say. There's my suggestions :) .

BTW i'm talking about the small forums box on the homepage, not the frums page.

Edited by mr man

Well ok then, but it should open on a different window when you click on a thread on the homepage, so you don't have to go back to the hompage, and you can refresh easier. But i see what you mean, the threads aren't that active, that often(i have no idea why, this place is ace :coolthumbup: )

BTW the polls should be put below the forums box on the homepage.

Edited by mr man

We've gotta find a way to make the forums more active, i see other forums with people posting alot more often. You'd be surpirised how much difference it'd make if you put the forums box on the homepage at the top, make it a bit longer going down and add a statistics box joining the forums box at the bottom(eg how many members, most ever online etc). Just try it for a week.

Edited by mr man

Yeah. I'm going to use some statistics from other forums to show you how comparitively inactive they are compared to us.

First example is GTABoards. Now at the time of posting this I just went on and gathered this info:

25 guests, 19 members 0 anonymous members

Now that's more than you'd normally see here, BUT, look at the timescale, they have active members in the last 90 minutes, that's a whole 3 times longer than our forum is set to, So, that's why they look more active, but if they made that to 30 minutes like this forum I'm sure it would be around the same figures.

Now, using that information on total members to members actually active, we can see they have thousands of useless members, compared to our hundreds, yet the same amount of active people.

They have nearly 13000 members, we're pushing 1300, I don't know why people complain about inactivity here because if they'd just take a couple of minutes to do what I just did they would realise it's the same on other forums, it's just we have less members so we seem less active.