skin insallation help

supernukembros.

ok so have you downloaded the skin?

now unzip the file, there will be a .bmp file in there.

put that in

c:\program files\rockstar games\grand theft auto vice city\skins\

or wherever else if you installed someplace else

open up vice city, start the game, go to options then player model, then choose the new one.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Skin installation is one of the easiest mods to get. All you have to do is get WinZip or something, right click the skinpack folder, go to extract, then drag all the skins inside the folder to the skins section in your VC folder.

i did that.for some strange reason though it won't appear in the skin section in options.do i have to delete the tommy vercetti skin?

i still haven't figured this out,i've done everything you guys said and it won't work.this is my first time trying to install a skin mod and i'm very bad at it.i don't have any missions to do and the game is kinda boring now.i'm sure you guys know what i mean(its completed 100%).now i am trying to mod which i'm new at.did you guys have issues like this when you first modded?the closest thing to a mod i've ever installed was the high resoulution pack for duke nukem 3d.my main problem right now is that i extracted the folder to the skins folder and turn the game on after then i went to options and clicked on player skins,it wasn't there even though its in the file so now i don't know what to do.do i have to delete the tommy vercetti skin? :bashhead:

please help me.

Edited by supernukembros.

Download WinRAR and IMG Tool 2.0. Open IMG Tool and press F2. Type 'player.dff' and click 'Find Next'. Rename (LMB + Rename) it to something like 'player_backup.dff', your choice. Or you could extract the file somewhere, somewhere memorable. I would extract it somewhere then replace it. If you've extracted the file somewhere, then replace it by pressing Ctrl+R and locate the Duke Nukem player.dff. If you haven't extracted it to somewhere already, keep the duke.zip file and IMG Tool open and extract the Duke Nukem player.dff somewhere with WinRAR.

After you've extracted the Duke Nukem player.dff, press Ctrl+R to replace the original player.dff and locate the Duke Nukem player.dff that you extracted. Press 'Open' and hey presto! You've installed it successfully!

Download WinRAR and IMG Tool 2.0. Open IMG Tool and press F2. Type 'player.dff' and click 'Find Next'. Rename (LMB + Rename) it to something like 'player_backup.dff', your choice. Or you could extract the file somewhere, somewhere memorable. I would extract it somewhere then replace it. If you've extracted the file somewhere, then replace it by pressing Ctrl+R and locate the Duke Nukem player.dff. If you haven't extracted it to somewhere already, keep the duke.zip file and IMG Tool open and extract the Duke Nukem player.dff somewhere with WinRAR.

After you've extracted the Duke Nukem player.dff, press Ctrl+R to replace the original player.dff and locate the Duke Nukem player.dff that you extracted. Press 'Open' and hey presto! You've installed it successfully!

ok now this is starting to sound familiar :worship:ok slight problem,when i opened img tool there was nothing in the box,it opened with winrar,and when i hit f2 nothing happened so i went to file clicked open and typed player.dff and it said no files found so i went to my skins folder and nothing was there:'(

Edited by supernukembros.