Ripping models and is it possible?

laughinghyena

Welcome & enjoy, take a minute (if you haven't already) to read the rules & checkout the layout of the site.

Start w/ this tutorial -

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12625

For GTA3/VC/SA it's fairly easy, they're in the file GTA3.IMG in the MODELS folder.

Use an IMG tool, EXPORT feature to find the DFF & TXD of a model. Save them in a folder w/ a name you'll recognize

like "OEM Sabre" (for the Sabre). The Export function just pulls a copy of the desired file out of the IMG file & still leaves

the model in the game until you use DELETE.

The DFF is the model itself & the TXD is the textures.

Just don't forget step 1: BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!!

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Welcome & enjoy, take a minute (if you haven't already) to read the rules & checkout the layout of the site.

Start w/ this tutorial -

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12625

For GTA3/VC/SA it's fairly easy, they're in the file GTA3.IMG in the MODELS folder.

Use an IMG tool, EXPORT feature to find the DFF & TXD of a model. Save them in a folder w/ a name you'll recognize

like "OEM Sabre" (for the Sabre). The Export function just pulls a copy of the desired file out of the IMG file & still leaves

the model in the game until you use DELETE.

The DFF is the model itself & the TXD is the textures.

Just don't forget step 1: BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!!

thanks dude it means a lot that someone reply. I am gonna read the link you suggested. I just couldnt find the right forum post to find out the answers myself. I am sure that i will have more questions. Ill just post them here.

Once again thank you.

LH

EDIT: ok I read the tut. I have one question: with these files(some do have models in em) is it possile to open them up in 3Dmax or maya? and if so, would i need a converter to do so.

Edited by laughinghyena