What image host do you use?

Chris

Just doing a quick unscientific survey ready to get a bit of information on your image host of choice and why you use it etc, would be grateful if you could answer some questions. If you don't regularly make use of free image hosts then there's probably not much point in you replying, but otherwise, go ahead.

1. What image host do you tend to use the most? (e.g. imageshack, photobucket, imagevenue, bayimg etc.)

2. Why do you use this particular host? (e.g. it has a feature that no one else does? explain briefly why you don't use another site)

3. What are generally the sort of images you host there? (e.g. sigs/avatars? personal photos? or just anything for posting on forums? etc.)

4. Is there anything you dislike about the image host you currently use? (slow to load? bombarded with ads/popups? can't easily get links to the pics for showing friends, or posting in a forum? limits aren't very big? etc.)

5. Would you be willing to start using a different image host if it had some decent features?

That's all. Would appreciate any responses that could be helpful to me.

As you may well be aware I do own a small image host (currently linked in my sig) - it initially started out a few years ago as a little project for me to improve my coding skills, but over the past few months I've developed a number of great new features for it and I think it could be worth promoting a bit and getting it more popular etc.

This topic is obviously related to it, and a topic about imagelodge's revamp and relaunch will be made soon, in which I'll describe everything in more depth and why it could be useful for you and you can ask questions.

For now though, a short little survey.

Thanks.

1. What image host do you tend to use the most? (e.g. imageshack, photobucket, imagevenue, bayimg etc.)

Photobucket

2. Why do you use this particular host? (e.g. it has a feature that no one else does? explain briefly why you don't use another site)

Ease of album view and such.

3. What are generally the sort of images you host there? (e.g. sigs/avatars? personal photos? or just anything for posting on forums? etc.)

voyeur Photography (Car/landscape)

4. Is there anything you dislike about the image host you currently use? (slow to load? bombarded with ads/popups? can't easily get links to the pics for showing friends, or posting in a forum? limits aren't very big? etc.)

That clunky new uploader, old basic style is much better. Function over form.

5. Would you be willing to start using a different image host if it had some decent features?

If the album thing was like photobuckets, yes. That's really the only reason I use it.

Photobucket

I get an album, it's fast, and easy. and I can make it private

everything I do in photoshop, photos of myself.

They keep adding all these "updates" and fucking it up.

maybe if you payed me.

1: PhotoBucket (For most of my uploads) and ImageShack (For random pic required for just timpass :o )

2:Albums and mostly because had been using it since long.So its kinda lazy to shift.

3:All of those.

4:Nah.Sometimes PB does give up its own Pop-ups about new features.But....

5:Hmm.. :-)

>Imageshack but I sometimes use Photobucket if shack is down and its urgent and I do host some of my stuff on imagelodge!

Cause its simple, just login select and upload (Imageshack)

Siggs,Avi,Graphics and other Pics(not personal)

Not really, just sometimes the whole page won't load, but they do show the direct links, which is all I care about.

Yeah! I don't mind actually, I used to host my siggs on imagelodge and then one day everything dissapeared. So if its stable in a few months I'll probably host all my stuff there!

1. Imageshack

2. It's fast and I can upload something quick to show to someone.

3. Everything

4. It has a lot of ads, which I hate. For example, when I upload a picture, right away a new tab opens with some advertisement. argh.

5. Yes

Chris, to improve it, it'd be nice if you had a section where anyone could just upload pictures quick. Also, an option to copy the direct link to the pic without having to actually highlight all of it, etc. would be good. Like a button that says "copy" or some shit. Just to make it faster so I can get the pic to my friends before the joke has taken me 8 hours to complete. :)

1. What image host do you tend to use the most? (e.g. imageshack, photobucket, imagevenue, bayimg etc.) I use imageshack even though it's crap. But it's instant and you dont have to have a godamn account like photobucket

See above.

Sigs/avatars or personal photos for forum profiles. (unless they can be uploaded straight from PC without using a URL

It always freezes and fails the upload and the ads keep driving me nuts

Shit yes, make one pleeeeeeze ^_^

Edited by guilty.by.association

Photobucket

Easy to use, quick, etc.

Sigs, Avatars, Screenshots, anything I need to use.

Not really.

No.

Edited by TNF

Photobucket

Because you can easily view your album, upload images quickly, choose a custom URL for your album. Unlimited bandwidth as well.

Signatures, avatars, mainly images pertaining to any graphics I've made. Also screenshots and such.

The new uploading system, I agree that it is quicker but occasionally the upload stops at 100% and the page doesn't load so I have to refresh and then the image appears in my album successfully.

Yes, if it had features similar to Photobuckets or possibly better ones.

Thanks to those who have responded so far. Surprised to see so many of you using photobucket.

I'll be taking some of the things you lot said into consideration for ImageLodge, and some of the smaller changes I will definitely make.

I'm sure there's more of you who regularly use image hosting so I'll be keeping this topic open for a few more days and will keep checking it every now and then for new replies.

Photobucket.

It's simple and you don't have to click much.

• You can upload multiple images at once

• You can see many of your images on one page (including the links)

• You have unlimited bandwidth

Usually signatures & avatars I use and images that I have that need hosting for posting on forums.

Not at all.

If they have many of Photobucket's features and improved on them.

1. Photobucket

2. Because I have albuns from GTA there and it's faster to upload with no quality loss

3. Generally things to post in forums or avatars.

4. I don't like the site's memory, I tell it to scramble file's names and everytime I make an upload I have to activate the scramble name option again.

5. Maybe.

Photobucket

Because it looks nice and you have a lot of space to put your personal photos etc.

Personal photos and forum posts.

Slow to load. For me anyway

Yes.

Chris, to improve it, it'd be nice if you had a section where anyone could just upload pictures quick. Also, an option to copy the direct link to the pic without having to actually highlight all of it, etc. would be good. Like a button that says "copy" or some shit. Just to make it faster so I can get the pic to my friends before the joke has taken me 8 hours to complete. :)

Yeah you no longer have to be registered to use imagelodge, though of course it's recommended you are so you have control over all your uploaded stuff.

On ImageLodge clicking in the text box would auto highlight all of it, however you'd still need to copy the text. Today though, I improved on this and it now automatically copies to your clipboard, so now you can use it more efficiently ;)

My home server

For the thrill of the hobby

Anything and everything

Nothing really.

5. Would you be willing to start using a different image host if it had some decent features

Similar to photobucket, yes.

STOP USING PHOTOBUCKET

Lol seriously i hate it.

It always fails.

And you need to register etc :(

Who cares if you hate it.

Also is it SO HARD to register?

No but most people want to open the site, click on their file and upload it. Not open the site, register, make an album, upload a pic and find that half the time the site freezes.

Sorry chris.