Downloaded a new car and decided that I didn't want it to replace elegy.

KiLLeRa

You can skip paragraph one if you're short on time and dont want to read a lot.

So I've completly used up all wheel arch angel cars. I'm obsessed with modding, I've replaced more than half the cars in my game and it still runs smoothly on high display settings, and so far I've managed to keep it without major bugs or crashes. I've even gotton two extra cars to equip body kits that couldn't before. Now, I recently downloaded a Nissan Skyline with body kit, and decided I wanted it to replace the Tornado, since it has modding parts I can use. I got the IDE, Handeling, and Carmods in. I went into the readme and replaced ELEGY with TORNADO, and its ID number so the game knows where to put the line. I got the DFF and TXT replaced, and the car runs beautifully in game. I renamed the tuning parts from fbmp_a_l1 (front bumper_wheel arch angels_elegy) to fbmp_lr_t1 (front bumper_loco low_tornado) etc etc to replace them. I'm also using modded spoilers, except one wasn't being used, so I changed the name of the spoiler to spl_b_mar_m and replaced that DFF, and went into veh_mods to make sure it was using the tornado txt instead of the vehicle txt. I got all the names correct, replaced the files needed, deleted the extra tuning parts, used the GTASA ultimate editor to change the cars name and check that all parts were added and make it compatible with transfender, I got EVERYTHING I needed, but the only and biggest problem is the ever infamous Transfender glitch.

The problem I need help with, is that when I go into transfender to add the kit, it always freezes when I go to front bumper, rear bumper, exhaust, side skirt, or spoiler. If I accept any one of those, it brings me to the screen where it says "Slamin bumper", before the buy screen, and I can't press space to preview it, nor can I press enter to go back to the previous menu, and at that point, I have to press escape and load a new game in order for me to escape transfender. I'm really annoyed because I know I did everything correctly, checked and redid everything twice, used three programs to check if the car was using the right files, and if the files were replaced, and I've done it with other cars, so I have a 0% idea as to what has gone wrong. I even tried google to see if people were having the same problem but nothing came up. I need a serious pro here, just tell me what the problem could be and I'll check it out immediatly. I'll double check anything happily, I just want my parts to work...Somehow.

All of my mods are from GTA-Worldmods.de

I suggest to just not mess with the readme files and just play it as it is. If you want a car with a aftermarket front bumper, download one that has it already on.

I'm not sure if I explained it clearly...

The Tornado is a loco low car, so it has bumpers, skirts, and things like that. I also have the remington replaced with a C6 Corvette with two bodykits, and the Buffalo (not a loco low or wheel arch angel car) replaced with a shelby that uses the savanna parts for two body kits...

I just downloaded a car that couldn't replace the elegy because I had a Nissan Silvia tunable in its place, so I changed the file names, readme files, part names, and double checked everything before and after replacing. I don't want to delete my other Nissan, but I like both of them because of their high quality. In transfender the parts show up, but it freezes before the preview and I can't go forward or back. It happened to me with a wheel pack, and I fixed that problem by reloading the TXT. I've done it with a lot of cars, like I have at least five cars that originaly were made to replace the ZR350, but I wanted all five in my game, so I just changed the names of the DFFs, TXTs, and the IDE, Handeling, Carmods, and Carcols lines so that GGMM would put the lines in the right place, then used the up down lights mod to make the lights work. The Nissan Skyline that I want to mod works perfectly, I just can't add the carmods. veh_mods is in order, all the parts are using the tornado.txt, all the names and files are in IMG editor, GGMM displays the car perfectly, and I can drive it in game. I don't know what the problem is.

Edited by KiLLeRa

I KNEW I did everything right. I decided to momentarily delete my current Elegy car just to see the other cars body kit, and it STILL didn't work, prooving that the download is just shit...So there, problem solved. Find new car. My eyes are set on a BMW M3 tunable that I want to put in the place of a loco low car.

• 2 weeks later...
I still suggest to not mess with the readme files, especially with car swaps. They tend to be buggy.

I like to be risky, sure I've crashed my GTA a bit, but usually when I do something right it pays off greatly. I've got at least five cars with up-down lights. They all had to replace the ZR350 but I changed four of them succesfully and used the up-down lights mod to get them to work. I love it, makes the GTA enviornment more realistic.