playing GTA SA porblem

help

Help me I am using an nVidia Geforce4 mx4000 card on an AMD sempron,3D now!

OS XP SP1

DX9.0c

vcard driver ver is 90+

i can play this game for a short time only until my computer hangs.. then i just have to press the reset button after waiting for a long time for the game to unhang....

i can prevent this from happenning by lowering the overclocking value of my v.card but then the game wouldn't be smooth....

Help me I am using an nVidia Geforce4 mx4000 card on an AMD sempron,3D now!

OS XP SP1

DX9.0c

vcard driver ver is 90+

i can play this game for a short time only until my computer hangs.. then i just have to press the reset button after waiting for a long time for the game to unhang....

i can prevent this from happenning by lowering the overclocking value of my v.card but then the game wouldn't be smooth....

What are the other specs of your machine?

maybe you might have to get a new graphix card.

Exactly. The MX440 does run SA, but I guess you need to change to a better one unless if you plan to keep it. Here's what R* has to say about it:

Does San Andreas run on machines using the GeForce4 MX440 video card?

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was played on a GeForce4 MX440 during compatibility testing where the game was found to play without problems on the 440 hardware. Compatibility testing recommended settings with a resolution of 800x600x16 with draw distance set to around 1/4 and "details" set to medium for best results with this graphics card.

• 2 weeks later...

gta san andreasworks on nvidia geforce fx5200 or above why not u try a agp card and what is the memory of your card is it 64 or128

:rolleyes::innocent::coolthumbup::thumbsdown::pissedred:

or you should reinstall your game and windows or you should have at least 1.0 gb free space on

your partition or you should increase your virtual memory

for upgrade your card drivers go there

:coolthumbup::lolbounce::dribble:http://www.nvidia.com :pissedred: