My Final, Serious, Thoughts On Next GTA.

Contents

Hey guys, in this thread I´ll share my thoughts, facts, and predictions whom concern the next Grand Theft Auto. Consider these thoughts as a mix of educated guesses, with a factious ground. Below is a summary of things I´ll discuss, in the listed order. And don´t get afraid because its long, I think some people will get their own thoughts after reading this, thus forming their own ideas!

1. Year of release

2. Location

3. Protagonist

4. Misc

1. Year Of Release.

GTA 3 came 2001

Vice City came 2002

San Andreas came 2004

IV came 2008.

See any pattern ?

Neither do I. The years that it took to develop the games are different, different scale, different graphical quality, different technical quality, different approach in development ETC. All these things vary in the games, and their development period. One certain thing is that IV required much more time to develop than the other GTA´s. Here´s a list that I´ve compiled which can help determine the year of release for next GTA.

- Starting year, the start of the development ?

- City, a city based on a real life city is faster to create, with reference points.

- The size of the map.

- The tech, do they upgrade original components or take time to create entirely new ones ?

- Misc stuff, like how many new features they add, weapons, vehicles and such.

And this is in my opinion, one of the most important thing we should question ourselves:

Will we jump straight to GTA V, or, have a "subgame" like GTA: [insert Name] City ?

My conclusion:

Next Grand Theft Auto will be GTA V, and it will be released in late 2011 or early 2012 and it´ll be set in a completely new city. + we´ll see minor GTA titles on other platforms, like VCS and LCS were.

or

Next Grand Theft Auto will be one with an undertitle, depicting the city its in, just like the old games. If this is the case, it´ll be released earlier, late 2010.

Note: The DLC is a way of keeping IV alive, while fans wait for the next GTA. The DLC could either be something smaller to expand IV, or it could be huge and replace another GTA title. So instead of making a new "filler" GTA game from scratch, they release DLC and jump directly to GTA V.

2. Location

This is one of the hard departments, so I´ll keep it pretty short at least.

If someone came up to me and asked me, "Where do you think the next GTA will take place ?"

I would say, "In a city, based off a popculturous real life city. In the US of course."

Many would immidiately hate me because I didn´t answer "London" or "Japan". But I think that is the truth, I don´t think GTA will take place outside the USA again, even if Rockstar had to remake Vice City 20 times. You just can´t do it as good as USA, why move outside the US and looking for diversity, when USA is the most culturally rich and mixed country in the world ? You almost have all nationalities there, almost all the different climates, and of course all the stereotypes of the world.

"But everyone knows that they´ll remake VC and SA, cause they did it with GTA 3 LolZ!"

No, they won´t. The reason I think this is that Rockstar knows that you have to go forward, you need to evolve. And remaking the old cities would do the opposite, no matter how much fans cry for them. Also, a fun fact, GTA 3 isn´t based on New York, it´s loosely based on different cities, to create a typical American city we see on our TV´s and such. So GTA IV is not a remake on GTA 3 at all.

The era of the game will, in my opinion, be our present time. Just like IV, the next GTA will take place at the same time it comes out. This has also to do with evolution, it would be stupid to set the game in the 80´s, no matter how good music or colorful the clothes were. Take away the internet, cell phone, modern cars, and all of the other things we live with now, and it gets dumb.

"But Vice city jumped from GTA 3´s 2001 to 1984! LolZ!"

Yes, but Vice City was basically modeled after the movie Scarface, set in the 80´s. San Andreas too, from gangster movies like Boyz in Da hood and such. The games were done from the ground of popular movies from that time. The most smart thing would be to keep it in present time, and nothing else.

My conclusion

The game will be set in a present-day city based off one or several different American big cities.

3. Protagonist

This is the hardest aspect to predict, the choice of the next GTA´s protagonist will be hard for Rockstar themselves I reckon. they´ve already used up many nationalities, and types of people in past games. And a chineese guy wouldn´t be a huge success if you know what I mean. But the point is that Rockstar are easily able to re-use a italian-american, or why not African-American ? As long as they make him an individual and not a stereotype, race or nationality doesn´t matter. I don´t think we´ll see any character creation central either, stuff like those are fun, but doesn´t provide much. I do believe we´ll see a totally new protagonist in the next GTA, cause Niko´s story will probably be fully told in the 2 upcoming DLC´s. If not, then I´m more than happy to welcome him back in the next GTA. Rockstar have worked hard on Niko and his story, and it would be a waste just to throw him away like that.

My conclusion

If not Niko´s story is finished in the DLC, he has a big chance of returning in the next GTA. However, if Rockstar chooses to create a new protagonist, he will be from a minority, like Niko was. Everyone thought "RUSSIA!" when they saw Niko in trailer 1, because of ignorance, Rockstar knows better, there is more to the world than USA and Russia.

4. Misc

Here are some points I believe should be taken in consideration for the next GTA, these things have a big chance of being in the next GTA.

- Deeper friendship gameplay.

- More technical possibilities as in the real world, wireless Mp3 anyone ?

- Everything will undergo an upgrade, Euphoria, vehicle damage ETC.

- More integration with the real world, stuff like ZiT that we have now.

That´s it guys, thanks for taking your time to read this, and remember, these are just my thoughts, nothing official. Feedback is appreciated!

Cheers,

Brotha

Edited by Brotha

Yeah, the DLC will definitely keep XBOX 360 OWNERS AND NOT PS3 OWNERS busy for a long time. It depends entirely on what the DLC will feature though.

I think the DLC will unravel what happens with Niko's story like Brotha had said. Although I'm guessing it won't be based on Niko, but more on the characters in the Liberty City. Like Mr. Bulgerin (or how ever it is spelled, i don't know) and what happens to him. I was thinking that Rockstar was aming for beaches and palm trees (just a guess), because they mentioned VC in IV. Of course they also mentioned Los Santos(Vinewood) and Las Venturas. It can go either way. It just shows how R* ties it all in.

If you have a PS3 (like me) well... :thumbsdown: :'( I'll leave it like that.

On to GTA V: I think the location will be set in current time and maybe Vice City. I don't why but I think VC. :thumbsup:

We just have to see what the best gaming producers in the world will come up with. I'm sure they're working on it now. :worship:

Edited by totalaccessGTA

I think that maybe it's time rockstar stop starting from the drawing board for a while. Maybe it's time for gta 3 guy to be the main character again. And somehow Carl, Tommy, Niko, gta dude (dont know his name), stories can all somehow fit into each other. Their stories may can somehow overlap. Then that would be like every gta game combined. By the way, I hope everyday that gta one day installs a create your own character feature.

[

1 YEAR 2012

2 LOCATION VANCOUVER CANADA

3 PROTAGONIST CHINESE

4 MISC COW TIPPING SHOPLIFTING

quote name=Brotha' date='Jul 6 2008, 10:32 AM' post='292687]

Contents

Hey guys, in this thread I´ll share my thoughts, facts, and predictions whom concern the next Grand Theft Auto. Consider these thoughts as a mix of educated guesses, with a factious ground. Below is a summary of things I´ll discuss, in the listed order. And don´t get afraid because its long, I think some people will get their own thoughts after reading this, thus forming their own ideas!

1. Year of release

2. Location

3. Protagonist

4. Misc

1. Year Of Release.

GTA 3 came 2001

Vice City came 2002

San Andreas came 2004

IV came 2008.

See any pattern ?

Neither do I. The years that it took to develop the games are different, different scale, different graphical quality, different technical quality, different approach in development ETC. All these things vary in the games, and their development period. One certain thing is that IV required much more time to develop than the other GTA´s. Here´s a list that I´ve compiled which can help determine the year of release for next GTA.

- Starting year, the start of the development ?

- City, a city based on a real life city is faster to create, with reference points.

- The size of the map.

- The tech, do they upgrade original components or take time to create entirely new ones ?

- Misc stuff, like how many new features they add, weapons, vehicles and such.

And this is in my opinion, one of the most important thing we should question ourselves:

Will we jump straight to GTA V, or, have a "subgame" like GTA: [insert Name] City ?

My conclusion:

Next Grand Theft Auto will be GTA V, and it will be released in late 2011 or early 2012 and it´ll be set in a completely new city. + we´ll see minor GTA titles on other platforms, like VCS and LCS were.

or

Next Grand Theft Auto will be one with an undertitle, depicting the city its in, just like the old games. If this is the case, it´ll be released earlier, late 2010.

Note: The DLC is a way of keeping IV alive, while fans wait for the next GTA. The DLC could either be something smaller to expand IV, or it could be huge and replace another GTA title. So instead of making a new "filler" GTA game from scratch, they release DLC and jump directly to GTA V.

2. Location

This is one of the hard departments, so I´ll keep it pretty short at least.

If someone came up to me and asked me, "Where do you think the next GTA will take place ?"

I would say, "In a city, based off a popculturous real life city. In the US of course."

Many would immidiately hate me because I didn´t answer "London" or "Japan". But I think that is the truth, I don´t think GTA will take place outside the USA again, even if Rockstar had to remake Vice City 20 times. You just can´t do it as good as USA, why move outside the US and looking for diversity, when USA is the most culturally rich and mixed country in the world ? You almost have all nationalities there, almost all the different climates, and of course all the stereotypes of the world.

"But everyone knows that they´ll remake VC and SA, cause they did it with GTA 3 LolZ!"

No, they won´t. The reason I think this is that Rockstar knows that you have to go forward, you need to evolve. And remaking the old cities would do the opposite, no matter how much fans cry for them. Also, a fun fact, GTA 3 isn´t based on New York, it´s loosely based on different cities, to create a typical American city we see on our TV´s and such. So GTA IV is not a remake on GTA 3 at all.

The era of the game will, in my opinion, be our present time. Just like IV, the next GTA will take place at the same time it comes out. This has also to do with evolution, it would be stupid to set the game in the 80´s, no matter how good music or colorful the clothes were. Take away the internet, cell phone, modern cars, and all of the other things we live with now, and it gets dumb.

"But Vice city jumped from GTA 3´s 2001 to 1984! LolZ!"

Yes, but Vice City was basically modeled after the movie Scarface, set in the 80´s. San Andreas too, from gangster movies like Boyz in Da hood and such. The games were done from the ground of popular movies from that time. The most smart thing would be to keep it in present time, and nothing else.

My conclusion

The game will be set in a present-day city based off one or several different American big cities.

3. Protagonist

This is the hardest aspect to predict, the choice of the next GTA´s protagonist will be hard for Rockstar themselves I reckon. they´ve already used up many nationalities, and types of people in past games. And a chineese guy wouldn´t be a huge success if you know what I mean. But the point is that Rockstar are easily able to re-use a italian-american, or why not African-American ? As long as they make him an individual and not a stereotype, race or nationality doesn´t matter. I don´t think we´ll see any character creation central either, stuff like those are fun, but doesn´t provide much. I do believe we´ll see a totally new protagonist in the next GTA, cause Niko´s story will probably be fully told in the 2 upcoming DLC´s. If not, then I´m more than happy to welcome him back in the next GTA. Rockstar have worked hard on Niko and his story, and it would be a waste just to throw him away like that.

My conclusion

If not Niko´s story is finished in the DLC, he has a big chance of returning in the next GTA. However, if Rockstar chooses to create a new protagonist, he will be from a minority, like Niko was. Everyone thought "RUSSIA!" when they saw Niko in trailer 1, because of ignorance, Rockstar knows better, there is more to the world than USA and Russia.

4. Misc

Here are some points I believe should be taken in consideration for the next GTA, these things have a big chance of being in the next GTA.

That´s it guys, thanks for taking your time to read this, and remember, these are just my thoughts, nothing official. Feedback is appreciated!

Cheers,

Brotha

I wouldn't mind seeing a GTA based on a city outside the US, though in truth I think the next GTA will be Vice City and the one after that San Andreas, both of which will be amazing. I'm hoping V is sort of a GTA: World type thing, which would be fucking awesome.

As for GTA IV, I have no doubt it will be released on PC, though I'd image not until this time or later next year.

Oh and Liberty City is based on New York, it says it right in the Special Edition booklet.

Liberty City is a gritty, dirty place. It's a living caricature of New York, with all the grime and well-worn look.

I wouldn't mind seeing a GTA based on a city outside the US, though in truth I think the next GTA will be Vice City and the one after that San Andreas, both of which will be amazing. I'm hoping V is sort of a GTA: World type thing, which would be fucking awesome.

As for GTA IV, I have no doubt it will be released on PC, though I'd image not until this time or later next year.

Oh and Liberty City is based on New York, it says it right in the Special Edition booklet.

Liberty City is a gritty, dirty place. It's a living caricature of New York, with all the grime and well-worn look.

GTA 3´s Liberty City is based mostly on NY, but not only that. GTA IV´s LC is of course NY.

Speaking of the PC version of GTA, I really don´t know what to think, Rockstar has done some confusing stuff before, ported VCS to PS2 when many didn´t think they would, not making SAS when everyone thought they would, and so on. It would´t surprise me if they never announce the PC version.

Edited by Brotha

Oh god... <_<

Speaking of the PC version of GTA, I really don´t know what to think, Rockstar has done some confusing stuff before, ported VCS to PS2 when many didn´t think they would, not making SAS when everyone thought they would, and so on. It would´t surprise me if they never announce the PC version.

You kidding? You know how much money they'd earn from releasing it on PC? No company could resist.

Edited by Deji

Oh god... <_<

Excuse me? How is that bad? Friendships weren't the best feature but I really did like ZiT and real-world stats as well as the improved vehicle damage and integration of real-world tools such as the Internet.

My conclusion:

or

well, i think for the 360 owners they can release new series on the DLC, but how about PS3 owners? i think R* wouldn't release the new scripted missions in DLC, at least not the important ones. if it is in DLC only, it would make PS3 owners so mad, and not to mention the Sony company itself. i bet they'll release new missions but not about the story, in my opinion they would release missions that are about Niko's glory because now he had it all what he wanted

(except for the death of... you know)

. how it all happened in GTA IV or how it continues will be released in a new sub-game.

i think there is still a lot of story in IV that they can make, we never know.

young Ray Boccino

as our partner in the next game anyone?

as for GTA IV i think it'll be released in the next-next gen. PS4 and the third xbox, we'll never know.

pc version? a lot of you still waiting for it right? including some of my friends. well, who knows? let me just say this: R* will go apesh*t if they count the amount of money they could have if they release the pc version :lol:

Edited by Denny Crane!

I think Brotha is right on some of this. Now, I haven't played this game myself but I think that Rockstar have enough confidence to redo the III trilogy inside IV. As, the competition is nothing but Saint's Row and people are crazy about this strategy.

A move out of America I disagree on, until an extent. Sure, take it somewhere into Europe and you'll be confronted with a new GTA feeling, but honestly, Tokyo sounds good. They have the cars (The Fast and the Furious, people!) the kind of crime (Yakuza related) and a pretty dam big city.

As for character, what do you mean, Brotha? I think a Yakuza character would be pretty cool, but anything like Nick Kang of True Crime is stupid.

A move out of America I disagree on, until an extent. Sure, take it somewhere into Europe and you'll be confronted with a new GTA feeling, but honestly, Tokyo sounds good. They have the cars (The Fast and the Furious, people!) the kind of crime (Yakuza related) and a pretty dam big city.

whoa, wouldn't that make the game have a foreign language? i mean it would suck if the Japanese people on that Tokyo talk english(unrealistic and corny) but it would also suck if they speaks japanese because i can't understand it(really, do you think the whole game will have subtitles?) i think the only options that R* have is to make the game in the US, UK, Australia or another country that speaks english so that all the people in the world can play it.

whoa, wouldn't that make the game have a foreign language? i mean it would suck if the Japanese people on that Tokyo talk english(unrealistic and corny) but it would also suck if they speaks japanese because i can't understand it(really, do you think the whole game will have subtitles?) i think the only options that R* have is to make the game in the US, UK, Australia or another country that speaks english so that all the people in the world can play it.

Always having the english environment, it's getting boring, some eastern europe location would be cool.

I would love to have Eastern Europe location. :D

It would be even better if it would be in Soviet time too, now that would be cool. :o

And GTA in Europe would be cool.

Maybe GTA: Paris

oh right, i've heard paris mentioned briefly several times in GTA IV. but perhaps it's nothing.

i think the new main character is not going to be an American anymore, like IV. i mean sure Tommy is Italian, CJ is African(Claude is left untold) but they are American, Italian American and African American. unlike Niko who is a pure eastern Europe. this character is cool and fit to the story like Niko, he doesn't know anything about the city but he learned to survive

if the settings going to be in eastern europe, perhaps it can be set not long after Niko's war. so that some of the city is still destroyed and that will add a cool new atmosphere to GTA, you know... people are all poor because war and had to do everything they can to get food and money.

or maybe before the war so we could know Niko's friends, a straight

Florian/Bernie

maybe? :lol:

Edited by Denny Crane!