My SA Keeps Crashing

5par7an

Ivw just finished installing a sh1t load of mods on my pc (40+) and when i launch gta, it works fine, but when i load a game it crashes and when i load a NEW game it doesnt. i already had about 20 mods on it and it didn't crash before, so can someone please explain to me why it crashed and what are my options on fixing it.

thanks

Ivw just finished installing a sh1t load of mods on my pc (40+) and when i launch gta, it works fine, but when i load a game it crashes and when i load a NEW game it doesnt. i already had about 20 mods on it and it didn't crash before, so can someone please explain to me why it crashed and what are my options on fixing it.

thanks

It could be because you had custom cars saved in a garage that you modded over top of after the save point. When the game goes to load, it will be expecting that car to have dummies set for parts (like spoilers, bumpers, etc.) that aren't assigned on the new one you've changed it to. This will cause the game to crash in confusion. This is why I can't mod the Elegy or Sultan - because I already have customized ones saved in a few garages and if I mod them and go near that garage, the game will crash. If you or I were to start a new game the crash won't happen cuz those vehicles aren't there in the save.

One way around this is to restore the original vehicle(s), remove those cars from garages you know will crash the game, save the game then mod that vehicle.

^ or i think you can get some trainers that have garage editors

i ran into this problem when modding, whenever you go near the garage the game crashes. i just did it manually though, took off the mods, emptied a few of the garages and then put the mods back on. bit of a pain though

Edited by WRX22B1998