• CS1
    • CS2
    • CS3
    • Earlier Photoshop versions

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Cs3, Its preferable to use Cs or Cs2 if your a beginner. Btw Isn't Adobe's Cs4 Coming out soon?

Why? I find CS3 is far more intuitive than it's previous iterations.

I use CS3 and love it. Not only does it run much faster than previous versions but I actually make use of quite a few of the new features.

Also why does this poll start at version 8? What is it with people making shitty polls lately. I mean I doubt people would be use versions older than it but I'm sure there are some people, those who don't use it much for example.

Why? I find CS3 is far more intuitive than it's previous iterations.

I use CS3 and love it. Not only does it run much faster than previous versions but I actually make use of quite a few of the new features.

Exactry. The interface has been unified across Adobe applications so it's easier to switch between Photoshop and Dreamweaver easily. I find it's easier to clone/heal pixels and have them blend better. It also works a lot better with my Vistaids. I can't wait until CS4 though, Content Aware Image Resizing is going to be tits.

Which, in theory, would allow you to this image into a full-size wallpaper with little effort.

i use CS2 but i heard that the diffrence between CS2 and CS3 are just some minor things like bug fixes and stuff like that.

and BTW why the hell do they use codenames? i mean "Space Monkey 9.0" just sounds like some goverment spying codename

Content Aware Image Resizing is going to be tits.

Agreed.

@Cross: No not really. There's some quite advanced things (3D Layers) which if I remember correctly weren't in previous versions. Awesome if you actually have 3d models. I don't, just saying as an example.

More commonly used improvements would be these:

Quick Selection tool: This is a bit like Magic Wand but you have more control over what's being selected. If you can't be bothered to cut out a person/character from an image properly, then this is a fairly quick and effective tool to use, though you shouldn't really

Far better Spot Heal, Red Eye Fix, and Patch Tools - Great for improving images with people in them, and touching up bad pictures of yourself if you're vain :P

I would recommend everyone who's interested in Photoshop to watch this brilliant (and very entertaining) video series featuring Donnie Hoyle, called You Suck At Photoshop

Donnie's a fake character btw. But each episode teaches you things in Photoshop, the things he teaches you relate to goings on in his life though providing comedy and such. There's a few little in-jokes along the way too, such as Donnie spelling the title wrong at the start of each video. And making derogatory comments about how crap you are etc.

I lol'd quite a lot and at the same time learned a lot. I hope you all do too :)

Episodes 3 and 4 show are good, show you how to remove stuff from images.

Episode 7 is good, shows you how to effectively use the Patch tool.

Episode 9 is good also, shows you how to use Curves.

But I advise you to watch all of them :)

Content Aware Image Resizing is going to be tits.

Agreed.

@Cross: No not really. There's some quite advanced things (3D Layers) which if I remember correctly weren't in previous versions. Awesome if you actually have 3d models. I don't, just saying as an example.

More commonly used improvements would be these:

Quick Selection tool: This is a bit like Magic Wand but you have more control over what's being selected. If you can't be bothered to cut out a person/character from an image properly, then this is a fairly quick and effective tool to use, though you shouldn't really

Far better Spot Heal, Red Eye Fix, and Patch Tools - Great for improving images with people in them, and touching up bad pictures of yourself if you're vain :P

I would recommend everyone who's interested in Photoshop to watch this brilliant (and very entertaining) video series featuring Donnie Hoyle, called You Suck At Photoshop

Donnie's a fake character btw. But each episode teaches you things in Photoshop, the things he teaches you relate to goings on in his life though providing comedy and such. There's a few little in-jokes along the way too, such as Donnie spelling the title wrong at the start of each video. And making derogatory comments about how crap you are etc.

I lol'd quite a lot and at the same time learned a lot. I hope you all do too :)

Episodes 3 and 4 show are good, show you how to remove stuff from images.

Episode 7 is good, shows you how to effectively use the Patch tool.

Episode 9 is good also, shows you how to use Curves.

But I advise you to watch all of them :)

Wow, you sure do really like doing alot of long posts Chris. :P

Wow, you sure do really like colouring and bolding my name and writing poorly constructed sentences!

Anyway it's because I'm awesome. And also because I love the YSAP series and I'm going to make an official YSAP topic later. A lot of people here really do suck a PS, I'm not so great myself but I'm better than a lot. I'm just lazy.

well i dont really use photoshop all that much, but when i used it i had cs2, because it was the same version that they had at school. didnt want any compatibility issues (even though there might be none)

i remember ms publisher, i made a document in publisher from office xp (2003 or something), then put it on usb and went to open it at school, and it says "publisher cannot open publications from different versions of publisher"...man that sucked.

that was the last day i used publisher for school stuff...

Wow, you sure do really like colouring and bolding my name and writing poorly constructed sentences!

Anyway it's because I'm awesome. And also because I love the YSAP series and I'm going to make an official YSAP topic later. A lot of people here really do suck a PS, I'm not so great myself but I'm better than a lot. I'm just lazy.

I suck at PS! I gave up on it after I made my first Userbar :P It had taken me 50 minutes to just get the effects done and it takes me half the time to do the same on Macromedia Fireworks.