XBOX 360 + PS3 Output

A good friend of mine is always tryin to prove to me that XBOX 360 is better then ps3, anywayz I asked to look through his computer, then I stumbled across this!

I asked him where he got the picure from and he said

"I took a screenshot off a gametrailers video."

Do ps3 really output IV blurry like that?

Just a question, either way ps3 is more reliable so I like it more

Edited by claude-5

A good friend of mine is always tryin to prove to me that XBOX 360 is better then ps3, anywayz I asked to look through his computer, then I stumbled across this!

I asked him where he got the picure from and he said

"I took a screenshot off a gametrailers video."

Do ps3 really output IV blurry like that?

Just a question, either way ps3 is more reliable so I like it more

From that picture they look almost exactly the same, but I've been told the PS3 version has better looking shadows.

Also for some reason a lot of PS3 games have a ridiculous blur applied to them.

But either way, whatever, extra content > better graphics.

BTW both versions have depth of field effects.

I played both versions in New York and briefly mentioned this in my article during the last few pre-release days.

First off, you can't really notice a difference unless you're playing on an HD screen, and it's at least 21" or so.

Secondly, the PS3 does have slightly better shadows, and on screen text is less jagged, some colours appear more vibrant too - I guess it has much better anti-aliasing. That or they had to optimise stuff to fit on the 360's DVD.

Neither look stretched in real life. And I didn't really notice any blurriness when I played, if so then it wasn't much.

Either way, it's hardly something that would sway one's decision to settle for one or the other. Graphics aren't a strong point of GTA anyway, it's the gameplay that is. The DLC really is the ONLY major difference between the two versions, the differences after that are very minor.

Erm... Even on a standard television the 360 version doesn't look blurry. So... Yeah...

They are practically the same game, and although I haven't played the PS3 version, I doubt the controls are hella different or anything. Besides, it's pretty damn easy to play on 360.

Yeah, it's really easy, I have both consoles and I'd actually say that it's easier to play on the 360 than the PS3.

I have also played both versions and to tell you the truth, I never even noticed any differences until my friend pointed out a few. Still (to me) they both looked the exact same. As for controls, I agree in my opinion that the 360 controls are easier.

Edited by Noru

to me, holding a ps3 controller feels better to holding a 360 controller, and + I hate using RT to drive, but hey, I have to deal with it because I have a 360 & not a ps3

Actually, I find the 360 controller well more comfortable, and I've sworn by the DualShock 2 for years. And you get more precision when driving with a trigger as opposed to a button.

:lolbounce: well you dont want a game being crappy & jagged, not talking about any console in particular *coughs*wii*coughs*

Bad graphics =/= crappy game. I've had more fun playing Wii games than PS3 and 360 combined. So why the hell should I care what the graphics look like?

Actually, I find the 360 controller well more comfortable, and I've sworn by the DualShock 2 for years. And you get more precision when driving with a trigger as opposed to a button

is true, i guess im too used to the button

Bad graphics =/= crappy game. I've had more fun playing Wii games than PS3 and 360 combined. So why the hell should I care what the graphics look like?

wtf wii sucks, crap games, the only decent game ive played is redsteel, i love that game :coolthumbup:

Edited by claude-5

Actually, I find the 360 controller well more comfortable, and I've sworn by the DualShock 2 for years. And you get more precision when driving with a trigger as opposed to a button

is true, i guess im too used to the button

wtf wii sucks, crap games, the only decent game ive played is redsteel, i love that game :coolthumbup:

Funny, because most people think that game blows hardcore. And you haven't played any of the party games, apparently. Unfortunately, that isn't what this topic is about.

• 3 weeks later...

i know a bit bout this because i just got a hdtv. Yes, the play station 3 is not connected to the hdtv, nor is the 360 in my opinion. This is beacuse when you look at sides of the boxes, niko, and the wholecarpet in the center, it has squares. This would not happen if the consoles were connected via hdmi.