Should the Next GTA Remake Previous Maps?

Slyde

Should the Next GTA Remake Previous Maps?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should They?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, Vice City?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Remake at all
  3. 3. If yes, San Andreas?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Remake at all

I'd like a remake of Vice City since it was my favourite GTA. I would like to have the 'Vice City Feel' with the new engine.

This is more of a remake topic, not so much of a "where should the next location be".

Edited by Slyde

No to a remake, we've already had GTA3, Liberty City Stories and GTA4 for Liberty City, and GTA VC and Vice City Stories, I think a new location is a must. I also think that if there is to be another portable GTA for PSP, they make a new location again, because I don't want 3 different segments for a portable San Andreas, eg Los Santos Stories, San Fierro Stories and Las Venturas Stories.

Remaking everything will eventually just get boring... Although, by all means Liberty City recreated with the rage engine has worked amazingly for GTA IV.

I won't one game that's based on lots of things though... Maybe throw in a few city's from around the world, put em' in a blender and... Hey, presto!

GTA 5!!!

Yes to San Andreas..Only this time make it even more ghetto like Compton and Long beach..And include more NWA, Dr Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Ice Cube, Eazy-E, The DOC..All the original rappers playing on the radio..

LS just didn't feel like LA, it was a bit too small.

I'm trying to figure out why people are bitching about "retreads", and yet rushing out to buy these games once they come out and just PRAISING them to no end? WTF?

Furthermore..... The only similarity between GTA IV Liberty City and GTA III Liberty City besides the name, is the basic map OUTLINE..... Oh, and the airport is almost in the same spot. Almost.

So how is this having the same location/map/retreading/whatever the FUCK you want to call it? It's the same name.... But it's an entirely new experience.

So even if they wanted to keep the trend that is WORKING FOR THEM..... Don't go bitching about getting bored with the locations.

To S-V, that isn't the right gear for GTA. Multiple locations would just stretch and BS the storyline too much. If they just give us one location at a time, it prolongs our experience, and makes them MORE MONEY.

And can we get off of the "NEDZ MOAR GANGSTA!!!!" already? It isn't exactly the best theme for GTA. It was cute and all, but nothing more than a laugh if you ask me. And before anyone says, "Well we didn't ask you!"..... I don't care. I answered anyways.

• 6 months later...

f*** no,yes vice city was good,and they never did make a SA stories,but i think they need to go to a new approach they would they could make more money anyways and besides in gta3 and Gta SA they keep talking about Carcer city on the radio so there they go,if there gonna make a new gta then make it Gta Carcer city caz they keep talking about it.

besides i think its kinda to early to think about a new gta yet :whistle:

Edited by MetalInusan

Considering the treatment Liberty City got, I'd love a rehash of Vice City & San Andreas.

Another rehash I'd like is 3D versions of the original top down GTAs, tailored to the SA game engine.

They've already done that with the original GTA.

Also, I love all the bitching people do about Rockstar revisiting cities. So far they've only re-hashed Liberty City, Vice was only used three times. And how many times has Rockstar re-did Liberty? The way they redid it in GTA IV makes me really curious to see a dark gritty Miami full of drugs and shit.

Besides, you're all bitching and shit and saying how much more money they'd make.... But every last one of you will go out and buy it anyways. It was the same thing with GTA IV, "SHOULD IT B LBRTY CTYQ!?!?!?!". Everyone was bitching that they had enough of Liberty and that they wouldn't buy it if it was. Guess what? They all bought it.

[

They've already done that with the original GTA.

Also, I love all the bitching people do about Rockstar revisiting cities. So far they've only re-hashed Liberty City, Vice was only used three times. And how many times has Rockstar re-did Liberty? The way they redid it in GTA IV makes me really curious to see a dark gritty Miami full of drugs and shit.

Besides, you're all bitching and shit and saying how much more money they'd make.... But every last one of you will go out and buy it anyways. It was the same thing with GTA IV, "SHOULD IT B LBRTY CTYQ!?!?!?!". Everyone was bitching that they had enough of Liberty and that they wouldn't buy it if it was. Guess what? They all bought it.

well actually i never bought gta4 to be honest i think the game is crap and a waste of time,utterly garbage nothing like the classic fictional Low poly "cartoony"style gameplay nothing can beat that.

Edited by MetalInusan