I need help modding weapons

Seb Smith

i have gta mod installer but when i go to install a mod it says there is no scrip file :mellow:

Hi, try doing this:

Does the mod have a zip/rar? If yes and if you have it saved in a folder, open GTA Mod Installer and click Install a mod for VC and it should say "Path for Zip/RAR". Then search for the rar/zip and click next, tell me if it works :)

i have gta mod installer but when i go to install a mod it says there is no scrip file :mellow:

Hi, try doing this:

Does the mod have a zip/rar? If yes and if you have it saved in a folder, open GTA Mod Installer and click Install a mod for VC and it should say "Path for Zip/RAR". Then search for the rar/zip and click next, tell me if it works :)

i tried what you said but it didnt work the mod i wanted the most was the multi rocket launcher but i dont know how to use the image tool :bashhead:

To use IMG Tool follow these steps:

First, download it from our downloads database and open it. When it's open, click File and click "Open File", then search for a file called gta3.img in C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/ Grand Theft Auto Vice City/ models, but ATTENTION: You should get there outside the IMG tool, right click on the Grand Theft Auto Vice City Folder and un-tick "Read Only"!!!

After that, extract the .txd and .dff files to a folder. When you open gta3.img in the IMG Tool, search for the original (with the same names and format) files and delete both. Then go to Tools (or whatever) and click Add, search for the files, select them both and click Open. Then in the same Tools menu, click rebuild (this will take a while, maybe 15 minutes so you'll have to wait.)

Enjoy! :)

STEP 1: BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!! Trust me on that one.

Start here, it covers cars but the same applies to changing weapons -

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3124

Once you change the model, you'll need to open WEAPON.DAT & edit it. If you have the mod I think you do, a new

entry for the RPG should be included.

EDIT: S-V posted while I was typing, but he's got you on the right track.

PS: Welcome & enjoy, check out the site & read the rules if you haven't already.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

To use IMG Tool follow these steps:

First, download it from our downloads database and open it. When it's open, click File and click "Open File", then search for a file called gta3.img in C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/ Grand Theft Auto Vice City/ models, but ATTENTION: You should get there outside the IMG tool, right click on the Grand Theft Auto Vice City Folder and un-tick "Read Only"!!!

After that, extract the .txd and .dff files to a folder. When you open gta3.img in the IMG Tool, search for the original (with the same names and format) files and delete both. Then go to Tools (or whatever) and click Add, search for the files, select them both and click Open. Then in the same Tools menu, click rebuild (this will take a while, maybe 15 minutes so you'll have to wait.)

Enjoy! :)

well i got it to work but i didnt rebuild, what is that for anyways but the rocket launcher just looked different but it shot like the old rocket lancher

Remember step 1 (my previous post) before you start.

Look in your GTAVC DATA folder for WEAPON.DAT, open it & scroll down to "Rocket", locate column "F" & change the

entry from "1" to "4". Now your multi launcher should fire 4 shots before reloading.

Happy hunting.

i did what you said but it didnt work were you suppose to open it in notepad or word pad or any other program :cigar: