Where do posts not count?

On this note, please make sure you aren't posting just to increase your post count - that's called spamming.

Post count is just a measure of how many times you've made a new post, whether thats a massive useful help topic, or just some nearly-empty reply in a quiz topic. It doesn't say much about you at all, and isn't a very useful measure. That's why there's no point in spamming the forums just to increase it.

Not directing this at you, but there are some people who amass hundreds of posts a day without actually saying much at all.

On this note, please make sure you aren't posting just to increase your post count - that's called spamming.

Post count is just a measure of how many times you've made a new post, whether thats a massive useful help topic, or just some nearly-empty reply in a quiz topic. It doesn't say much about you at all, and isn't a very useful measure. That's why there's no point in spamming the forums just to increase it.

Not directing this at you, but there are some people who amass hundreds of posts a day without actually saying much at all.

For example, chat topics and the "What are You Listening To?" topic. Jack shit in either one, and I can probably guess a couple of members want me dead for pointing that out. I have a big enough post count, so I could give a damn what they think. :P

EDIT: Sky is very aware of my hypocrisy in this post, so ask him how many times I've posted in the "What are You Listening To?" topic.

Edited by L-RiC