MISSION HELP! Are You Going To San Fierro?

mattf007

Can someone please help me? I have Gta San Andreas v2 (with the downgrader patch) for PC. Everytime the cut-scene at the beginning of the mission (are you going to san fierro) the game crashes. I uninstalled all of my mods and reinstalled the game and it still crashes. I attached the game save in a .zip file. If someone could get past the mission or tell me how to fix the crash I would greatly appriciate it. Thanks.

GTASAsf1.zip

yeah, the game loading bar stopped halfway through without it when i reinstalled it.

Actually, if you [before the bug] applied the downgrader, you should put that patch again after you re-install it...and then try playing with your savefile

Okay, try uninstalling 1 more time, but this time defrag your hard drive before you reinstall. I know it sounds dumb but

I found that one out when I hat to reinstall awhile back & recognized some of my DATA edits. A defrag will overwrite any

"empty" space, including areas that had deleted/uninstalled files. Otherwise Windows will find the old files & re-open them

for the new install.

yeah, the game loading bar stopped halfway through without it when i reinstalled it.

Actually, if you [before the bug] applied the downgrader, you should put that patch again after you re-install it...and then try playing with your savefile

Thanks. I got it all working.

Nice to Know :innocent:

• 3 months later...

Till now the game was working fine on my laptop which has vista installed on it. While playing the missions of this game the screen goes blank and there is this error message saying that, "gta_sa.exe has stopped working". I am still getting the same message at the same point where i reach the same mission even after i tried reinstalling the game. I tried everything i could, but nothing seems to be working out for me. I do not know what further to do, to make this game start working again. I do not think that there is any problem with my laptop so please help me out of this situation.

• 4 weeks later...