Mods for a mod car?

ravenmorpheus

Hi

I'm asking a lot of question but please bear with me here.

My question this time is how do I add the ability to take nitro when in transfender to a car that is a mod (addon car)?

I now have a working 1989 Batmobile and I'd like to be able to give it Nitro but when I put it in Transfender the game crashes to desktop, I understand why, it can't find any code to tell it that the car can have what I'm trying to select...

Is there an easy way to do this that does not involve a lot of skill with 3DS Max or coding, I'm v short on skill unfortunately...

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. :)

Is this the one that didn't as good as the one for GTA3?

Yes. If you look at the two pics attached you'll see that one is all dark and matte in color while the other is all shiny and bright (the latter being the better looking). Both are the same car spawned from the same save at the same time of day. It seems that the car has 2 versions, 1 that is all matte and dark and one that is shiny, the game seems to choose which it will spawn when I load it up. So one time I may get the shiny one and then when I exit and reload the game I get the dark one.

It's not the carcols either because that's set to 0,0.

Afaik the one from VC and GTA 3 didn't do that...

I also downloaded the GTA SA Gotham City demo, and it has a decent 1989 batmobile, well apart from the small wheels on the back and the seriously shiny surface, it looks like it's been shrink wrapped...

Anyway that's a minor annoyance, I'd rather find out how to add mods to it...

Batmobile.bmp

Batmobile2.bmp

Edited by ravenmorpheus

well unless the car lists itself as being "moddable" you cant really mod it. although nitrous is never a problem, i dont know why your game crashed, i can put nitrous in all my modded cars... but other stuff like spoilers, exhaust etc is only if the mod says its moddable.

maybe you forgot some extra lines to add in default.ide default.dat one of those. i'd uninstall then reinstall the mod.

Is this the one that didn't as good as the one for GTA3?

Yes. If you look at the two pics attached you'll see that one is all dark and matte in color while the other is all shiny and bright (the latter being the better looking). Both are the same car spawned from the same save at the same time of day. It seems that the car has 2 versions, 1 that is all matte and dark and one that is shiny, the game seems to choose which it will spawn when I load it up. So one time I may get the shiny one and then when I exit and reload the game I get the dark one.

It's not the carcols either because that's set to 0,0.

Afaik the one from VC and GTA 3 didn't do that...

I also downloaded the GTA SA Gotham City demo, and it has a decent 1989 batmobile, well apart from the small wheels on the back and the seriously shiny surface, it looks like it's been shrink wrapped...

Anyway that's a minor annoyance, I'd rather find out how to add mods to it...

Oh really? That stinks, that's also strange. Also didn't realize you got another Batmobile, the Gothom - I thought it was one of these you already mentioned. Well anywho, when you do get it fixed like I said just post a link to the zip, thanks.

Yep well I'll have to upload it first. I can't get permission to do so though as I can't get in touch with the guys who made the Gotham City mod, but I'll see what I can do for you ;)

BTW - I solved the texture, it needs to be bit darker but that's just my personal preference. The shinyness has been reduced and looks pretty good in my game. And I've sorted the wheels out so they look better as well...