Martian Life Found on Mars?

Harwood Butcher

Before everyone goes crazy with the stoning, please let me tell you that this isn't yet a confirmation that there is life on Mars. There has been a confirmation that H20 water has been recently found on Mars, but there was also something else about the research being conducted on Mars that is supposedly important enough that the president is making an announcement about it.

If life was actually found on Mars it most likely isn’t any sort of complicated life form like you and me, any kind of animal or even an insect. This life would most likely be some sort of bacteria or algae. So don’t get too excited.

Upcoming Presidential Announcement

About Phoenix Lander Martian Life Discovery?

Universe Today reports: “According to scientists in communication with Aviation Week & Space Technology, the next big discovery will need to be mulled over for a while before it is announced to the world. In fact, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory science team for the MECA wet-chemistry instrument that made these still-undisclosed findings were kept out of the July 31, 2008, news conference (confirming H20 water) so additional analysis could be carried out, avoiding any questions that may have revealed their preliminary results. They have also made the decision to discuss the results with the Bush Administration's Presidential Science Advisor's office before a press conference between mid-August and early September 2008.” Source: UniverseToday.com.

SOURCE

Martian life found on Mars, How is that possible ? <_<

srsly now, I tought it was obvious that there once was life on Mars, and also water, and where's water there's possibly life. It's known for many years that some bacterias could survive the harsh conditions on Mars ( −50 °C ).

I said many times, under the ice of Europa ( one of Jupiter's satellite ) it could be water, and also life, and maybe even some sort of alien fish.

@I©e: Well Mars' craters indicate that the water wheter evaporated or leaked deeper into the planet, so maybe they took some samples and analized them.

Anyone seen the movie Ghost of Mars ? :D

Edited by Gycu X

Again... nobody is saying it DOES exist, but obviously it is impossible to prove that there isn't any life on the entire planet.

The suggestion is that (as well as water) they have found something else, and haven't announced it yet. Perhaps they found bacteria, and are testing whether it is from Mars or just contamination from Earth.

I think it's certainly possible, bearing in mind how the Moon was made from Earth's dust, if anything remotely similar happened more recently then life could easily have been transferred into space, eventually landing on something like mars.

Is this even possible?

Martians have never been found, so how do they know they exist?

There's a theory about this:

IF you are in the school of thought that believes the universe is infinite, (13.7 billion light-years is the estimated distance to the edge of the foreseeable universe) then it's quite apparent that infinite examples of any given object should exist, given the infinity of the universe? Understand?

The same theory can be applied to life, bacteria, objects, etc.

However, I'm much more in what i like to call the MIB school of though, where we exist, as a minute part in another civilization. ie - This. Without the obvious Hollywood crap taped to it, like, without the 'locker' bu with a pool of mucus, or detritus, or whatever.

I am a strong believer, not the 'come to your house, make crop circles and probe you' believer, but... yeah, you get it.

Well, they may not actually have enough time to develop into anything anyway, the solor system will be blown and sucked to shreds by the dying sun quite soon, say a billion years. :)

Lovely.

Actually, I've recently read, about 5 minutes ago, that Planets usually have about one billion years to florish into a place like earth where things evolve and what not. Then everything begins to devolve. At this point in time, Earth has about half that time now and Mars is probably just getting started. So maybe when all life on Earth is about to die out, Mars will be a place where life from Earth could live.

Maybe Mercury and Venus once were like Earth when the Sun was a lot cooler. You never know, maybe one day Pluto could be a place where more complicated life forms can live.

Truly, the odds favoring aliens existing are really high, we can't be the only planet with developed brains. However, they are most likely not humanoid. After all, look at how many species there are on our planet. An alien could be a blue colored octopus that could talk for all we know.

Blue octopi exist anyway... ?

And I'm sure they talk, like, to each other?

Truly, the odds favoring aliens existing are really high, we can't be the only planet with developed brains. However, they are most likely not humanoid. After all, look at how many species there are on our planet. An alien could be a blue colored octopus that could talk for all we know.

yeah they do exist i belive they can change colour... however to my knowledge octupi (on earth) cannot talk...

yeah they do exist i belive they can change colour... however to my knowledge octupi (on earth) cannot talk...

I think he was saying that they could communicate with each other, not necessarily talk.

I think that if there are intelligent life forms some where on the other side of the galaxy that they would look far different from anything we've seen before.

IF you are in the school of thought that believes the universe is infinite, (13.7 billion light-years is the estimated distance to the edge of the foreseeable universe) then it's quite apparent that infinite examples of any given object should exist, given the infinity of the universe? Understand? The same theory can be applied to life, bacteria, objects, etc.

Not quite. I believe that the Universe is infinite, but theres only a finite amount of matter in it. Aka you COULD go on forever but there's nothing there, just space/spacetime. That's very different to saying that infinite examples of everything exists. However, I actually prefer the looped spacetime theories, although I'm still not fully convinced.

IF you are in the school of thought that believes the universe is infinite, (13.7 billion light-years is the estimated distance to the edge of the foreseeable universe) then it's quite apparent that infinite examples of any given object should exist, given the infinity of the universe? Understand? The same theory can be applied to life, bacteria, objects, etc.

Not quite. I believe that the Universe is infinite, but theres only a finite amount of matter in it. Aka you COULD go on forever but there's nothing there, just space/spacetime. That's very different to saying that infinite examples of everything exists. However, I actually prefer the looped spacetime theories, although I'm still not fully convinced.

That's what I used to think as well, but then in physics class I found out that the matter is considered the universe and not the empty space beyond the matter. I don't think that the space beyond our universe is considered to be anything other than totally empty space.

EDIT:...I think this is starting to get a little off topic.

Edited by Original GTA Master