gta games are 17+. ?

Im 17. I really don't approve of kids playing it. My nephew is 10 and he started playing it when he was 8, too young. He started throwing knives at my sister and his language got worse. Kids are really impressionable, i wasn't really. I started playing at 12 with VC. I wouldn't recommend any younger than that, but it;s the parents responsibility to decide whether their kid does or not.

I can't buy my own games cause i'm not 18 yet so I buy them off auction sites similar to ebay.

My mum knows i play, she's really against violence and doesn't like the games but she's not going to pull a JT and "YOU'RE NOT PLAYING THAT IN MY HOUSE" crap. She never says anything about it unless she looks at the TV and sees me stab someone. Then she'll make a comment like "jesus laura".

My kids wont play it until they're at an age where they don't get influenced by games, and when they show enough maturity.

i'm 17, going 18 in 5 months. but i've played GTA since i was like 10 maybe.

it's shouldn't be based on your age actually, playing GTA is based on judgement and mentality. if you take these games seriously and do stupid things like all those sickos who's been in the news then even if you are 64 it's not your kind of game. i trust all of you in this forum to look at GTA as a game only, as an entertainment. not as a thing you will do when you are older, the people who do that only end up in jail, some mental asylum, and drug rehab.

well, it's true that most kids these days are so naive, they try anything they see. but it's part of your job(i'm talking to all of the underage kids here) as a kid to grow up and make right decisions, you don't want to be treated like a kid forever do you?

to tell you the truth when my mom first saw me playing this game(a long time ago when GTA 3 came out) and she said like: why the hell would you hit that old lady?? and then i ask her to try it herself, and then after killing a few people my mom said like: this is a lot of fun, no wonder you do it! :lol:

anyway these rating system (ESRB) aren't that effective, but they do the job

Edited by Denny Crane!