If you had a PC, would you make a mod for GTA IV?

Husky

Well they made certain parts of San Andreas uneditable (in that editing the script and most models would crash the game) which effectively disabled Hot Coffee most common install methods. However, that's not the reason they couldn't provide modding tools in the first place.

GTAIII, Vice City, and San Andreas use the RenderWare engine which is property of one of Electronic Arts' companies, so Rockstar would probably have to pay to make tools and distribute them. Rockstar created and owns RAGE and if they are nice, will provide tools to mod the game with.

No because I don't know how to model and never looked into editing the text files. I can make texture mods, but I don't.

I run a fansite with one of the most popular downloads databases for GTA on the net, I leave the modding to the pro's :P

Related note: We're aware well over 60% of our users actually come for downloads (in comparison very few come for news/content/forums) - it's always pissed me off but I figured I'd capitalise on it. We'll probably run featured mods as well as try to get interviews with some of the more prolific modders in the community.

Strangely we don't actually have many prolific modders here bar Switch Designs. Most tend to be small time modders.

But it would be great to see if any of you are planning on making mods.

Hey! Don't you dare change Algonquin! I'll have you know the Algonquin were (and I think maybe still are, if any more exist) one of the most honored tribes of Native Indians, and Algonquin Park is my favourite Provincial Park (my Grandma lives just outside Algonquin Provincial Park).

Also, Odie passed away? What happened? I never heard this at all.

Edited by Klacid

No because I don't know how to model and never looked into editing the text files. I can make texture mods, but I don't.

I run a fansite with one of the most popular downloads databases for GTA on the net, I leave the modding to the pro's :P

Related note: We're aware well over 60% of our users actually come for downloads (in comparison very few come for news/content/forums) - it's always pissed me off but I figured I'd capitalise on it. We'll probably run featured mods as well as try to get interviews with some of the more prolific modders in the community.

Strangely we don't actually have many prolific modders here bar Switch Designs. Most tend to be small time modders.

Hey! Don't you dare change Algonquin! I'll have you know the Algonquin were (and I think maybe still are, if any more exist) one of the most honored tribes of Native Indians, and Algonquin Park is my favourite Provincial Park (my Grandma lives just outside Algonquin Provincial Park).

You best be trollin'

He didn't say he was going to change Algonquin. In fact he clearly said "I leave the modding to the pro's"

And if someone did change Algonquin, what would you do about it, and why should that bother you in the first place?

WTF? Did you quote the wrong post or something? I never mentioned "Algonquin" in my entire post.

As for Odie it was 2 or 3 years ago now. Details of his death were kept private.

as i sed its probably not gonna happen it just a feeling I have, i dunno why & why werent they legally able to provide us with mod tools b4?

Why does everyone blame Hot Coffee on the modders? It was ROCKSTAR'S FAULT. They aren't dumb enough to let something like that slip again, so modding shouldn't be an issue.

im going 2 probably edit the text files, ill change "algonquin" for a start, and "firefly island" i

dont like either, so they are changed straight away, the new "esperanto" does not resemble the old GTAIII era 1 so that are changed also, i doo have plans for the text files only, i can soo why not

HEY! i was the one who said i was gonna change Algonquin, not chris, its a sucky name, im calling it Liberty Main, sounds better

Why does everyone blame Hot Coffee on the modders? It was ROCKSTAR'S FAULT. They aren't dumb enough to let something like that slip again, so modding shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to blame someone for "Hot Coffee", start w/ the old bat that bought SA for her 14 year old grandson w/out

reading the box or paying attention to the rating. Yes, I let my 13 year old daughter play, but that's supervised & if she

does come across something inappropriate to her age I wont run out & scream lawsuit.. I played the game & made the

decision that she's mature enough to deal w/ it.

The only thing R* did wrong was forget just how resourceful their fans can be & assume parents would actually read the

label.

Now that J(A)T is probably a night cook at Denny's this should not be an issue again. (Suggest Spaz & LC go down the

street to Perkin's.)

If you want to blame someone for "Hot Coffee", start w/ the old bat that bought SA for her 14 year old grandson w/out

reading the box or paying attention to the rating. Yes, I let my 13 year old daughter play, but that's supervised & if she

does come across something inappropriate to her age I wont run out & scream lawsuit.. I played the game & made the

decision that she's mature enough to deal w/ it.

The only thing R* did wrong was forget just how resourceful their fans can be & assume parents would actually read the

label.

Now that J(A)T is probably a night cook at Denny's this should not be an issue again. (Suggest Spaz & LC go down the

street to Perkin's.)

I never blamed Rockstar for what happened, I blamed them for putting the material in the game. Some people are believing that modders 100% made it, and that's bull.

And about visiting JT, I've wanted to. The Jetta isn't in good condition and we have no gas money((or the time to drive half a state >.>)).