Skateboarding

This topic is all about skateboarding. If you skateboard and have videos, post them here. If you need help with a trick, ask here. If you're just a fan of skateboarding and want to talk about recent events in skateboarding such as the X Games, talk about it here. Have fun!

R28gU2thdGVib2FyZGluZyBEYXkgaXMgaW4.jpg

Tricks accomplished:

Basics:

-Ollie (mastered)

-Caveman(+variations) (mastered)

Finger tricks:

-Fingerflip(mastered)

Flip tricks:

-Kickflip

-Varial Kickflip

-Pop shuv-it/shuv-it

-360 shuv-it

Still tricks:

-Toeside railstand

-Heelside railstand

-Railflip

-Casper

-Flip kick

Tricks in the work:

-Impossible

-360 shuv-it 180

Edited by Harwood Butcher

I don't skate, but I sometimes watch skateboarding videos from the X-Games and the like. On a serious note, condolences to one of the skateboarding lads out there, James Street, the former voice actor for the Strawberry Shortcake series, who died last year due to a skateboarding accident... May Almighty God bless him and his family...

I skate quite a bit, I can do an ollie and the occasional kickflip.

I tried dropping in the other week, I did it but fell off right on my arse after I got to the bottom. My trucks weren't tight enough. Hurt like fuck.

Haha, I remember my first time dropping in. It was just 8ft. but when you get on top, it definitely feels higher. Yeah, I just fell forward and now I've got a little scar on my lip. I tried it again though, same day and prevailed. :P

I skate quite a bit, I can do an ollie and the occasional kickflip.

I tried dropping in the other week, I did it but fell off right on my arse after I got to the bottom. My trucks weren't tight enough. Hurt like fuck.

Haha, I remember my first time dropping in. It was just 8ft. but when you get on top, it definitely feels higher. Yeah, I just fell forward and now I've got a little scar on my lip. I tried it again though, same day and prevailed. :P

Jeez, doesn't anyone pay attention to the pros?

They all pretty much say to start at the bottom of the ramp and pump back and forth to get use to it before you drop in.

I was skateboarding earlier and I'm getting a lot closer to landing the kickflip. I just need to kick a little harder and jump a little higher.

They all pretty much say to start at the bottom of the ramp and pump back and forth to get use to it before you drop in.

I was skateboarding earlier and I'm getting a lot closer to landing the kickflip. I just need to kick a little harder and jump a little higher.

Bold: Not everyone's a pro. :P

Anyway, I can do it fine now..... I almost did a disaster on my friend Ross's halfpipe which was cool.

Idk, my board is officially wrecked these days and it's tough to do anything. The griptape is all dirty from the 4th of July when I was drunk and trying to ride the bmx jumps. Also I was checking out my board today and realized that it's warped?! Wth....

Basically I'm going to get a new board sometime soon.

Bold: Not everyone's a pro. :P

Anyway, I can do it fine now..... I almost did a disaster on my friend Ross's halfpipe which was cool.

Idk, my board is officially wrecked these days and it's tough to do anything. The griptape is all dirty from the 4th of July when I was drunk and trying to ride the bmx jumps. Also I was checking out my board today and realized that it's warped?! Wth....

Basically I'm going to get a new board sometime soon.

lol, I never said that everyone is a pro, I said to pay attention to the pros.

Anyways, since your bored is trashed, what kind of board are you gonna get next?

On a side note, out of curiosity, who is your favorite pro skateboarder?

I've always been in love with Rodney Mullen's Uberlight board but it's fu**ing expensive.

I figure I'll look around the internet and see what looks nice... but since I haven't had a birthday party yet coz I've been hellah sick, I've only gotten a couple presents so I wonder if my parents'll pay the $100 for the Uberlight. They probably won't. :lol:

That would be Corey Duffel, he's one of my favorite skaters but I don't really have A favorite skater. Otherskater I really like are Jerry Hsu, Louie Baraletta, Ernie Torres, Daniel Shimizu, Chris Haslam and Chris Cole and Darrel Stanton but yeah technically I don't have a favorite skater...

Edited by Nate14

It's funny that you mentioned Rodney Mullen's skateboard, because he's my favorite skateboarder. His tricks are fuckin' crazy.

EDIT: I'm watching that video you posted of Corey Duffel and it seems like he skates hard, which I admire but I'm not as impressed with hardcore skateboarding than what Rodney Mullen does. His tricks just amaze me.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

Haha yeah there's no doubt in my mind that Rodney Mullen isn't amazing...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I found this video a couple days ago. Hands down the best game of skate I've ever seen. I mean come on, I saw f/s 360's, nollie halfcab front footflips, bigflip reverts, switch varial heelflip reverts, and more. Those are fu**ing tough tricks. Idk, I found it inspirational...

Edited by Nate14

Haha yeah there's no doubt in my mind that Rodney Mullen isn't amazing...

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I found this video a couple days ago. Hands down the best game of skate I've ever seen. I mean come on, I saw f/s 360's, nollie halfcab front footflips, bigflip reverts, switch varial heelflip reverts, and more. Those are fu**ing tough tricks. Idk, I found it inspirational...

I would get eaten alive in that competition. They had some pretty kick ass tricks.

Really when I skate, I just mess around in the town centre with my mates, lol once me and my mate got on my skateboard together, and flew right into an advertisement thing at high speed, fucking hurt. xD My mate nearly broke his arm and cut his elbow open.

lol, me and my one friend tried that before and couldn't even get on the board together. I ride regular and he rides goofy...so it would be sort of hard to do it that way.

Landed a couple cavemans today believe it or not. The 'board behind the back' thing seemed to help I think. Thanks HB. :wub:

Over the years I might of been able to figure it out but I just hated it A LOT so I just never tried to learn. Tomorrow I think I'm going to see if I can feel comfortable enough doing them and try to caveman off stuff....

Oh and today I learned how to fakie 360 shuv-it pivot.

Landed a couple cavemans today believe it or not. The 'board behind the back' thing seemed to help I think. Thanks HB. :wub:

Over the years I might of been able to figure it out but I just hated it A LOT so I just never tried to learn. Tomorrow I think I'm going to see if I can feel comfortable enough doing them and try to caveman off stuff....

Oh and today I learned how to fakie 360 shuv-it pivot.

Well congrats on the caveman. I'm glad my video was able to help you. :thumbsup:

Not sure what a fakie 360 shuv-it pivot is, but congrats on that too.

I remember the first time I dropped in, it wasn't a quarter-pipe but just a steep edge to flat. Took me a while to get the balls to do it but I just thought "fuck it!" and went for it. Guess what, I did it! :D It takes a bit of courage but when you finally feel up to it it's actually not too hard.

And if you fail? Dust yourself and try, try and try again.