Skateboarding

I remember the first time I dropped in, it wasn't a quarter-pipe but just a steep edge to flat. Took me a while to get the balls to do it but I just thought "fuck it!" and went for it. Guess what, I did it! :D It takes a bit of courage but when you finally feel up to it it's actually not too hard.

And if you fail? Dust yourself and try, try and try again.

Exactly.

No matter how scared you feel, if you try it and even don't land it, it won't feel even as scary as you thought it was. Even if you don't have the balls to do it, you need to do it or you never will....

What is everyone's favorite skate team?

for me it's

1.DGK

2.Plan B

3.Almost

4.Element

5.Flip

Are we picking our top 5?

1. World Industries
  2. Almost
  3. Alien Workshop
  4. Zero
  5. Element

When I was younger I was always a fan of Birdhouse...mainly because I was a fan of the Tony Hawk video games, but then I got into other teams such as Zero and Alien Workshop. I've been a fan of Rodney Mullen since THPS2, but not as big of a fan as I am now, which is why I also like Almost, since that's the team he's on. When I found out that he owns World Industries, that became my favorite team.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Such a sick intro....

Anyway, I've never really thought about who's my favorite sponsors and shit but here I guess this'll do:

1. Flip.

2. Foundation.

3. Almost.

4. Adio.

5. Fallen.

Edited by Nate14

Me:

Adio

Darkstar.

Thats all.

I thought Adio was just a sponsor, not an actual skate team.

Haha, well if someone gets sponsered..... they're on the team. :)

Not all sponsors are teams. Coca-Cola sponsors events...you don't see a Coca-Cola skateboarding team.

That's what kind of sponsor I was talking about.

Anyways, what's Adio's official skateboarding team website?

Oh, I thought we were talking about skateboarding.

Figure this would be the team...

To me that seems like the team of people that get sponsored by Adio. As in the people who get paid to wear their stuff. I didn't know there was an actual team. Where could you buy their skateboards?

I don't get it, why wouldn't the people sponsered on the skating company not be on the skating team? It's like saying, "Hey, I'm sponsoring you. But you can't ride for us."

I'm just way confused now and am questioning both of us lol. :lol:

Oh, I thought we were talking about skateboarding.

Figure this would be the team...

To me that seems like the team of people that get sponsored by Adio. As in the people who get paid to wear their stuff. I didn't know there was an actual team. Where could you buy their skateboards?

I don't get it, why wouldn't the people sponsered on the skating company not be on the skating team? It's like saying, "Hey, I'm sponsoring you. But you can't ride for us."

I'm just way confused now and am questioning both of us lol. :lol:

lol, well does Adio have it's own line of skateboards?

I don't believe so, but hey DC doesn't have boards either. :P

I didn't think DC did.

I personally don't consider the team a skateboarding team unless they have their own line of boards, but that's just me.

There are even some sponsors that just make the wheels or trucks for the skateboards and don't make complete boards and I don't consider them skateboarding teams.

There are so many pro skaters sponsored by various companies that supply their board, wheels, trucks and clothing, all being different and they can't be considered part of all of those "teams".

So I don't think that just because you're sponsored by someone means you're part of a skateboarding team.

I honestly don't know how all that shit works out, but that's how I always looked at it.

Shit, I forgot that you can only be sponsored by one BOARD company, so I think you're right. Ya' know how you only see Element videos, Flip videos, Plan B videos, ect.

All those brands make boards. So I figure the people in the skate videos are part of a team. Still, there's a DC video and they don't make boards so I'm not sure.

Shit, I forgot that you can only be sponsored by one BOARD company, so I think you're right. Ya' know how you only see Element videos, Flip videos, Plan B videos, ect.

All those brands make boards. So I figure the people in the skate videos are part of a team. Still, there's a DC video and they don't make boards so I'm not sure.

Are the DC videos advertising the team or their products?

I would imagine they're showing off the team while still their products. The team uses their products in the vid, but it's about them skating, not the shoes they're wearing.

Yeah, that could be, but then I'm very confused on how they work out everything.

I've seen people on an official skate team while advertising these types of sponsors such as Adio and DC on their helmets, because they're sponsored by them as well. So are they part of Adio, DC or the official skate team?

I think there are a lot of skaters sponsored by multiple companies, but they're not part of all of those companies as part of the skateboarding team...which confuses me.

You guys seem a bit confused so I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

If your sponsored by a company, trucks wheels, shoes, boards anything really, your part of their skate team. You usually don't see companies like Spitfire or Royal releasing skate vids I know but you might get the occasional one free in a magazine or something. Shoes and Boards make vids with their team (obviously).

Oh and you can be sponsored by more than one company as long as your not sponsored by two board companies. Only works with Boards, Shoes, Trucks, Wheels Clothing etc. Only allowed one of each though. But if your sponsor finds out your riding a board other than theirs they ain't going to be happy...

P.S: Adio shoes suck.

Edited by FallenClyro

If your sponsored by a company, trucks wheels, shoes, boards anything really, your part of their skate team. You usually don't see companies like Spitfire or Royal releasing skate vids I know but you might get the occasional one free in a magazine or something. Shoes and Boards make vids with their team (obviously).

Oh and you can be sponsored by more than one company as long as your not sponsored by two board companies. Only works with Boards, Shoes, Trucks, Wheels Clothing etc. Only allowed one of each though. But if your sponsor finds out your riding a board other than theirs they ain't going to be happy...

Ok, so you could be on more than one skateboarding team...I did not know that. Thanks for clearing everything up.

P.S: Van shoes ROCK! :clapping:

I thought you can't be sponsored my more than one board company. Source, please and thankyou.