Skateboarding

Like what? Are you saying you should do tricks with running shoes? Skate shoes are preferably stiff-soled.

Usually skateboarding shoes have flat soles, not stiff ones.

One trick that I could think of is a heelside railstand. If your shoe's sole is "super stiff" as you said, there is a high chance of breaking your ankle trying to do the heelside railstand...unless the bottom of your shoes are sticky.

Naturally, quite a few skate shoes soles are somewhat more stiff than other types of shoes. I like mine a bit hard anyway, means nice durability which a skate shoe needs, along with grip.

With the whole ankle breaking stuff, that's up to you to break it or not...

Random skate clip from Darrell Stanton, pretty sweet skater:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Nate14

Naturally, quite a few skate shoes soles are somewhat more stiff than other types of shoes. I like mine a bit hard anyway, means nice durability which a skate shoe needs, along with grip.

With the whole ankle breaking stuff, that's up to you to break it or not...

Yeah, but if the sole of your shoe is "super stiff" then it is more likely that you'll break your ankle trying to do moves like the heelside railstand.

But you're right, it does depend on the skater. I was just trying to explain that a "super stiff" sole doesn't always make the best skate shoe.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if anyone here is any good with caspers, but I've been having trouble balancing. Does anyone have any good tips on foot placement?

• 2 weeks later...

Puked while skating today trying to 50-50 this rail. Basically you start on this ledge and ollie to this rail...

I was landing a few b/s boardslides and was feeling pretty good so I tried to 50-50 it. The first time I pussied out and just bailed and the second time I stopped before I got up too it. This time I was coming up to it and commited, and when my board hit the rail basically the only thing that was on it was my wheels on the left side and my board ended up sliding out of my feet and my stomach just took in the rail when I fell. Like I said, I puked. Weak stomach? Idk, but it hurt a lot.

Puked while skating today trying to 50-50 this rail. Basically you start on this ledge and ollie to this rail...

I was landing a few b/s boardslides and was feeling pretty good so I tried to 50-50 it. The first time I pussied out and just bailed and the second time I stopped before I got up too it. This time I was coming up to it and commited, and when my board hit the rail basically the only thing that was on it was my wheels on the left side and my board ended up sliding out of my feet and my stomach just took in the rail when I fell. Like I said, I puked. Weak stomach? Idk, but it hurt a lot.

Wow, that must have sucked. Do you skateboard with anyone?

I was trying to make up some new variations to the tricks that I know how to do and was able to land a caveman to railstand and a double board flip caveman. I've been trying to do 360 shuv-its and finger flip to casper, but I have had no luck landing them.

Actually for about the longest time, no. I don't skate with anyone. My friends quit skating. Though recently a guy I knew long ago goes to highschool with me and we plan on skating together. So, I figure I'll skate with him when I can.

But yeah, for the most part it's just my iPod and me. Hopefully a nice camera setup too sometime soon.....

Edited by Nate14

Actually for about the longest time, no. I don't skate with anyone. My friends quit skating. Though recently a guy I knew long ago goes to highschool with me and we plan on skating together. So, I figure I'll skate with him when I can.

But yeah, for the most part it's just my iPod and me. Hopefully a nice camera setup too sometime soon.....

Yeah, you have to get a camera so I could see what you could do.

You guys seem a bit confused so I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

If your sponsored by a company, trucks wheels, shoes, boards anything really, your part of their skate team. You usually don't see companies like Spitfire or Royal releasing skate vids I know but you might get the occasional one free in a magazine or something. Shoes and Boards make vids with their team (obviously).

Oh and you can be sponsored by more than one company as long as your not sponsored by two board companies. Only works with Boards, Shoes, Trucks, Wheels Clothing etc. Only allowed one of each though. But if your sponsor finds out your riding a board other than theirs they ain't going to be happy...

P.S: Adio shoes suck.

I thought you can't be sponsored my more than one board company. Source, please and thankyou.

That's what I actually wrote, how you can't be sponsored by more than one company for boards, shoes, trucks and wheels. I can imagine why you would get mixed up though, I typed that horribly :P

@Tilly: Yeah, I own a pair of Adio. They just seemed extremely weak and were pretty uncomfortable, I HAD to get a new pair of shoes about 2 months later because they were falling apart.

I also dislike Vans, they just seem uncomfortable to me and I guess my feet don't like them! Strange because everybody else seems to love them.

That's what I actually wrote, how you can't be sponsored by more than one company for boards, shoes, trucks and wheels. I can imagine why you would get mixed up though, I typed that horribly :P

@Tilly: Yeah, I own a pair of Adio. They just seemed extremely weak and were pretty uncomfortable, I HAD to get a new pair of shoes about 2 months later because they were falling apart.

I also dislike Vans, they just seem uncomfortable to me and I guess my feet don't like them! Strange because everybody else seems to love them.

Haha no worries, I'm pretty horrible when it comes to CORRECTLY reading things. :P

@HB: Yeah no doubt(:

Tbh honest though, the complete camera setup that I've been fapping to lately is around $6,000. I'm trying to perswade myself that I don't need that nice a setup as my first camera.

Haha no worries, I'm pretty horrible when it comes to CORRECTLY reading things. :P

@HB: Yeah no doubt(:

Tbh honest though, the complete camera setup that I've been fapping to lately is around $6,000. I'm trying to perswade myself that I don't need that nice a setup as my first camera.

Yeah, just get a $100-$200 one. That's all you need unless you want to make movies...lol

I've been thinking of getting a new one...not sure though. I'm also trying to save up for a vehicle.

Anyways, I'm able to do railstands a little better now and I could do a more professional finger flip.

Well I want atleast a vx-1000, and I want a decent fisheye. My dream is to have a Canon XH-A1 with a Century Optics MKII .3x Fisheye. Basically, I'm gonnah start taking summer/part time jobs/selling drugs/doing chores for allowance ect. Basically whatever it takes to get htat camera. :mellow:

Edited by Nate14

Well I want atleast a vx-1000, and I want a decent fisheye. My dream is to have a Canon XH-A1 with a Century Optics MKII .3x Fisheye. Basically, I'm gonnah start taking summer/part time jobs/selling drugs/doing chores for allowance ect. Basically whatever it takes to get htat camera. :mellow:

So I guess I won't be seeing any skating videos of you in a while.

Are you able to do a finger flip?

EDIT: Holy shit, I'm so pumped right now. I just landed a finger flip to railstand combo. I've been wanting to land one and I did it when I wasn't even really trying to.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

Videos no, but I'm sureI'll be uploading pics SOMEWHAT soon, I just need my parents to trust me enough that I can take the camera where I skate and not break it.

ann lolz I think you know the answer when I needed help on cavemans. :P

Lol but really, eh I can land them occasionally (same with caveman's) but I never try them.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm almost able to get into a casper and flip out of it...I'm not too sure what the flip would be called. I'll have to get a picture of the foot placement so everyone could get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Quick question: I've heard various wording with 'caspering out'. I hear people say flip out, and casper out. I'm confused, is there a difference?

I'm almost able to get into a casper and flip out of it...I'm not too sure what the flip would be called. I'll have to get a picture of the foot placement so everyone could get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Quick question: I've heard various wording with 'caspering out'. I hear people say flip out, and casper out. I'm confused, is there a difference?

I'm not too sure myself, but I'd assume they mean the same thing. Caspering out might just mean that they're flipping the board back over from a casper to land. Then flipping out would be adding to the trick...sort of like a combo. I honestly don't know, it could be either of those or something totally different.

Well, all I know is I flip in too casper, and then do a shuv-it and land on the board. I also just learned how to land it in manual. ^_^

Wow, landing a casper must have been tough to do at first.

I figured out how to do this one trick...not sure what it's called, but I have my front foot in the middle of the board hanging off half way and my back foot over the back wheels. Then I jump up with my back foot kicking the board down with my front foot and kicking it back up before I come back down to land on it.

I'm not sure of it's actual name, but I'm gonna call it a flip kick.