Skateboarding

There's no ollie in the trick. All I do is push down the middle of the board to flip it as I jump in the air and then kick it back before it spins all the way.

Hmmm, sounds like a cool new flatland trick. :P

Right now it's not that great, but I'm gonna try to "spice it up a bit". Maybe include some railstands.

• 2 weeks later...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Skaters where I live, skating, where I live. :)

They've got some great stuff on their page. Their video's mainly consist of Ampt's(skateshop) team.

Edited by Nate14

• 1 month later...
LOL.

What were you trying to do when you broke it?

My friend and I were going down this one hill and he was in front of me and decided to jump off of his board...leaving his board right in front of me. So when I tried to stop/bail, naturally, Newton's law "An object in motion tends to stay in motion", sort have screwed me over. I leaned back on the board and the board just kept going and I flew off of my board. I fell so fast that I barely kept my face from smacking the Earth, which left my left hand with pebble shaped black and blue marks and my right hand sprained.

I skated afterwards, but I wasn't trying to do shit, even though I wasn't trying to do anything before I fell.

For some reason I started to get really light headed 10 minutes after I fell and everything around me started to get really bright...it was pretty badass.

EDIT: OH, I have some video of me and my friend luging down some hills and shit...I might upload them to Youtube.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

Ah, well that sucks. Know when it'll be fully healed?

Today at work I had to deal with the pain because I had to do stock and shit, but it sort of helped my wrist by the end of my shift. It's still sore and hurts a little when I move it to the right and back, but over all it's healing up pretty fast. I'm expecting it fully healed before next weekend.

It wasn't a bad sprain. It wasn't as bad as the first time I sprained my wrist while skateboarding.

• 3 weeks later...
Today I was finally able to land my very first kick flip. :clapping:

I've also been thinking up different variations to the caveman. I think I have about 10 different variations.

Sick. Been practicing it a lot lately then, I assume? I'm skating basically every day now, cuz I actually am enjoying it these days. Enjoying it a lot actually. Pretty happy about that. And I'm pretty comfortable doing smith grides now, so I'm stoked on that.

I'm skating basically every day now, cuz I actually am enjoying it these days. Enjoying it a lot actually. Pretty happy about that. And I'm pretty comfortable doing smith grides now, so I'm stoked on that.

Well that's cool. You find anyone else that likes to skateboard too? It's always so much more fun to skate with other people.

I'm just bumbed that winter is here...can't skate as much now.

Yeah, I have actually. My cousin goes to the same high school as me, but he doesn't live close to the high school, where as I DO. So, we just walk to my house after school and skate basically all day. It's pretty cool. And the funny thing is, it's been surprisingly sunny a lot lately. Not everyday, but a lot more than it should be so I'm enjoying it.

Yeah, I have actually. My cousin goes to the same high school as me, but he doesn't live close to the high school, where as I DO. So, we just walk to my house after school and skate basically all day. It's pretty cool. And the funny thing is, it's been surprisingly sunny a lot lately. Not everyday, but a lot more than it should be so I'm enjoying it.

Well skate as much as you can while that nice weather last.

Does it usually snow where ever you are?

I just managed to twap myself with my skateboard while trying to attempt a railstand to rail-flip...IT WAS PAINFUL!!!

The pain has now traveled up to my stomach...it sucks.

...I wish I got it on video... :bashhead:

On another note, I made up two new tricks. :clapping:

I'll have to make gif images of them or something.

EDIT:!!!!

I just landed my very first varial kickflip!!! I managed to get it on video. I was just practicing my kickflips, which I haven't quite mastered yet, and I had this ankle movement on the one try that caused it to have a shuv-it type feel. So I tried to mix the two and landed the trick the first day I attempted it. I'm pretty excited.

I looked up a video on youtube to find out if it was actually a varial kickflip that I was doing and apparently I do my varial kickflips mainly with my front foot. I only use my back foot to do the ollie.

• 2 weeks later...
The Zero board is great, I also like the almost board.

Been thinking about skating again, some good friends of mine are starting to skate a lot and tried to convince me to do it too, since it's holidays I have a lot of time to skate.

I suggest do it. It's so much fun skating around with friends. You don't even need to be able to do anything except ride it and you'll have fun. My one friend can't do any tricks, not even an ollie and we still have loads of fun just riding around.

Do you currently have a board or are you gonna buy one? Try Skate America. That's probably the best place to buy skateboarding stuff. They'll price match any store or website, provided that they're official and not something like eBay.

They have some pretty good sales going on now for the holidays and I've been thinking of getting one now because of how good the sales are.

I'm also thinking about getting a long board just to cruise around on.

I'd go with the Uber Light HB. It's worth the money, trust me. It's what my next board's going to be.

@ Ivan - Yeah you should definitely start skating again, it's fun stuff. Don't do it if you're not having fun though.. I skate solely on the fact that I enjoy it.

Edited by Nate10

I'd go with the Uber Light HB. It's worth the money, trust me. It's what my next board's going to be.

Yeah, I remembered that you mentioned that board when I saw it on Skate America, so I checked it out. Seems like a great board. Do you know how durable it is?

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD GET TAILBONES?!?!??!(Please no used shit)

tailbones.jpg

I need those SOOOO bad.

Looking for white and or black.