Skateboarding

What I'm trying to say is I've been skateboarding for 8+ years, been to countless skateparks and street spots, and yada yada yada...I have yet to see one Pro, Am, park rat, street skater, or even a poser use tailbones.

Ok...then that means I'm not a poser.

Why do you think nobody uses them? Do you think the majority of skateboarders are just illiterate? Nope. We don't need or want them, they only get in the way. If they work for you then great, go for it. :cheers:

I don't go along with the crowd, I don't give a shit who uses them or how many people do use them.

But for kicks I'll ask Mike Maldonado what he thinks of tailbones. I'll let you know. :hurrhurr:

How many times do I have to tell you that I don't give a shit what people think?

Check out this bullshit.

that cop go what he desereved, he go fired for a while or something. they say the kid had his earphones in thats why he couldnt hear him....STUPID COP PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE :lolbounce:

yea there royals :)

I don't go along with the crowd, I don't give a shit who uses them or how many people do use them.

You're missing the point.

It's clear you'd rather follow your nonconformism than take our [exceptional] advice, so I'm not arguing over this anymore because it's not an issue of personal preference. I guarantee it will slow down your progression and become a nuisance. You'll realize this eventually.

You're missing the point.

It's clear you'd rather follow your nonconformism than take our [exceptional] advice, so I'm not arguing over this anymore because it's not an issue of personal preference. I guarantee it will slow down your progression and become a nuisance. You'll realize this eventually.

Part of your advice was that I shouldn't get it because you don't even see posers use it. Just because I don't listen to what you're saying doesn't mean I'm a nonconformist. The reason I'm not taking your advice isn't because I don't want to conform. If I was a nonconformist then I wouldn't be skateboarding. Also, I'm not skateboarding to conform. Conformist and nonconformist are two groups that I don't want to be apart of.

I'll say this again, I skateboard to have fun. I'm not trying to get anywhere(metaphorically) with skateboarding so there's no such thing as "progress" with me and skateboarding.

I don't go along with the crowd.

And yeah, there won't be progress if you're using tailbones! http://www.instantrimshot.com/ :awesome:

Exactly, I don't go along with the crowd. That means I'm not a conformist, but that doesn't mean I'm a nonconformist. That just means that I don't do things just because other people are. Likewise, I don't choose to not do something because other people are. I do things because I want to. I don't let other people influence me.

Are you ignoring half of my post?

I said that I don't care about progress. I'm just skating for fun, not to get sponsored or anything that would require me to need any kind of progress.

So you're just going to roll around, and not attempt anything? I think a longboard would better suit your needs.

Longboards are pretty sweet. Especially if you like going fast. They USUALLY have better bearings, and the longer heavier board is more stable.

The only thing I personally think longboards would be good for is luging. I don't stand on my skateboard when going down steep hills. I luge down them fuckers. That way, if there's a vehicle coming towards me...I'll just ride right under them. :lolbounce:

Dude.... been there, done that. Difficult on a longboard, hell on a regular skateboard. And you don't like riding smooth or fast? I mean, there's people that ride bikes.... Just to ride them... That's the point of the longboard. You ride it just to ride it.

I did almost do a kickflip on one, though..... That's just not feasible.....

Dude.... been there, done that. Difficult on a longboard, hell on a regular skateboard. And you don't like riding smooth or fast? I mean, there's people that ride bikes.... Just to ride them... That's the point of the longboard. You ride it just to ride it.

I did almost do a kickflip on one, though..... That's just not feasible.....

Well what you guys aren't getting is that I want to use a regular skateboard because I still want to ollie and try other tricks and you're trying to pass off that tailbones make it IMPOSSIBLE to do any kind of trick. The tailbones can't be any more than a pound and if that holds you back then that's pathetic.

Every bit of weight reduction helps. This would be why people will spend 100 dollars on Mullen's "Uber Light". On top of that, it lowers the distance between the tail and the ground. In my experience, the more space between the tail and the ground always equaled more pop.

It all really depends on how fast you pop the board. Like I said before, the tailbones don't weigh all that much and they're not like a brick or anything. Since I am getting the "Uber light" board along with a tailbone...then I think I'll still be better off than I am right now. If I start off with both of them then I won't have to adapt to anything.

I've noticed that the faster I get the tail to hit the ground and for my foot to get off the tail directly after it hits...the higher I go. So it doesn't really matter how much space there is between the ground and the tail unless it's very significant.

Every bit of weight reduction helps. This would be why people will spend 100 dollars on Mullen's "Uber Light". On top of that, it lowers the distance between the tail and the ground. In my experience, the more space between the tail and the ground always equaled more pop.

It all really depends on how fast you pop the board. Like I said before, the tailbones don't weigh all that much and they're not like a brick or anything. Since I am getting the "Uber light" board along with a tailbone...then I think I'll still be better off than I am right now. If I start off with both of them then I won't have to adapt to anything.

I've noticed that the faster I get the tail to hit the ground and for my foot to get off the tail directly after it hits...the higher I go. So it doesn't really matter how much space there is between the ground and the tail unless it's very significant.

The faster and harder you pop, the bigger the air. Oh and the bigger the distance between the tail and ground would mean more pop. My Zero is quite a height from the ground and I get tremendous pop. I have a good ollie too which helps.

Damn, now I feel like skateboarding.

I think I'll take his advice, he obviously knows what he's talking about. :lamo:

I just love the "quote" you put in your sig. :hurrhurr:

The faster and harder you pop, the bigger the air. Oh and the bigger the distance between the tail and ground would mean more pop. My Zero is quite a height from the ground and I get tremendous pop. I have a good ollie too which helps.

Yeah, I could always get a riser big enough to compensate for the tailbone, which wouldn't be much since the tailbones are usually an inch/inch and a half.

I think I'll take his advice, he obviously knows what he's talking about. :lamo:

I just love the "quote" you put in your sig. :hurrhurr:

Yeah, I could always get a riser big enough to compensate for the tailbone, which wouldn't be much since the tailbones are usually an inch/inch and a half.

Hey, now there's an idea. You could easily slap on a half inch/inch pair of risers.

Longboards are pretty sweet. Especially if you like going fast. They USUALLY have better bearings, and the longer heavier board is more stable.

I once tried abec 13's (off craigslist for 40 dollars) on my shortboard and it was REALLY fast and quiet, but then it slid and I fell.

I skated almost constantly until I got sortof good and then I quit. A big reason was because I totally lost interest, but also everybody at my school that skated were total posers or terrible emos.

I once tried abec 13's (off craigslist for 40 dollars) on my shortboard and it was REALLY fast and quiet, but then it slid and I fell.

I skated almost constantly until I got sortof good and then I quit. A big reason was because I totally lost interest, but also everybody at my school that skated were total posers or terrible emos.

Back when I was skating, I swear the ABEC system didn't go above 9. Nine was like the closest to longboard bearings you could get. I had 5's, and was able to out-run a longboard.

So what does everyone think of those "RipStiks"?

I tried riding one in a sporting goods store, but the results were poor.

They look incredibly hard to use, but the makers claim they are incredibly easy to use. I've never tried riding one, but I want to.