Skateboarding

Longboards are pretty sweet. Especially if you like going fast. They USUALLY have better bearings, and the longer heavier board is more stable.

I once tried abec 13's (off craigslist for 40 dollars) on my shortboard and it was REALLY fast and quiet, but then it slid and I fell.

I skated almost constantly until I got sortof good and then I quit. A big reason was because I totally lost interest, but also everybody at my school that skated were total posers or terrible emos.

Back when I was skating, I swear the ABEC system didn't go above 9. Nine was like the closest to longboard bearings you could get. I had 5's, and was able to out-run a longboard.

So what does everyone think of those "RipStiks"?

I tried riding one in a sporting goods store, but the results were poor.

They look incredibly hard to use, but the makers claim they are incredibly easy to use. I've never tried riding one, but I want to.

I think they're hard to ride, but I haven't tried riding one in a while. They're fun though. You could ride in any direction since the wheels swivel, which is cool, but it's also a bitch some times. I forget how much it was, but I think the price was why I didn't get one. If they were like $20...then I'd most likely buy one.

• 1 month later...

June 21st will be the 5th annual "Go Skateboarding Day". Because of this, I have added a countdown ticker to this post as well as the front post of this topic.

So if you're too lazy to mark it on your calendar, keep checking here as a reminder...if you manage to remember to check here...

R28gU2thdGVib2FyZGluZyBEYXkgaXMgaW4.jpg

You might ask yourself, "Why is there a pink bear holding a heart with balloons in the ticker?" Well that's a pretty simple question to answer...there isn't a ticker out there for "Go Skateboarding Day", so this is what I decided to go with.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

• 1 month later...

It's getting pretty close to Go Skate Day, eh Hb? Sure hope it won't rain that day for me. :P

I've basically made a goal to learn fakie back heels and get back my f/s 180's back before Go Skate Day. With the fakie back heels I get the spin good, and stay literally over my board the whole time, but i can't get all of the flip yet. I'm getting there though. Not doing well at all though with the f/s 180's, but then again I suck at anything frontside. :/

Oh and a friend and I have been playing guitar while trying to skate lately, fallen so many times. Put some good dings in my acoustic, but it's really fun to skate and play. :lol:

It's been pretty nice and sunny lately, which is sweet.

Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't rain too.

I've been trying to land this one trick that's a mix between a 360 shuv-it and an impossible. No luck so far.

I'm wondering how many people are going to be skateboarding around in my area that day...I'm not expecting much, but my friends and I are gonna be recruiting pretty much any skaters we see that day. :thumbsup:

I just hope I get my new board before then.

Lol, you fag Hb and your kick ass board. =P

I'm actually skating a friends haggard Zero board atm, mine broke. I've saving up for Paul Shier's 7.75" Countdown blueprint board.

FTW. Zero decks are the best. Personally I prefer maple decks to fiberlight ones, I mean there cool and shit but I guess I'm just used to the original stuff.

I'm actually skating a friends haggard Zero board atm, mine broke. I've saving up for Paul Shier's 7.75" Countdown blueprint board.

FTW. Zero decks are the best. Personally I prefer maple decks to fiberlight ones, I mean there cool and shit but I guess I'm just used to the original stuff.

I like both maple and fiberlight boards. But seriously bro, you should try skating a fiberlight such as Mullen's UberLight. They're pretty damn nice.

I have an old LibTech fiberglass board, but I'm missing a truck and two wheels((because they are with the truck)).

I learned how to varial kickflip today :D

That was the first flip/spin trick I ever landed.

I just got back from about 7 hours of skateboarding...pretty fun. We got stopped by the cops for skateboarding in the street, which is always awesome.

I forget if I landed a kickflip first or a varial kickflip, but technically I haven't done either yet since it was on carpet...still trying to get used to leaving my board while riding around.

I just got back from about 7 hours of skateboarding...pretty fun. We got stopped by the cops for skateboarding in the street, which is always awesome.

I forget if I landed a kickflip first or a varial kickflip, but technically I haven't done either yet since it was on carpet...still trying to get used to leaving my board while riding around.

You skated 7 hours straight? Shit. I remember the days when I was in shape.

You skated 7 hours straight? Shit. I remember the days when I was in shape.

Not straight, I made some turns and stuff. :P

I skateboarded up to the mall to meet my friend around 6:30PM and then skateboarded around about 10 minutes after we met up. After that we skateboarded down to this one store...ok, well I don't remember too much detail, but we didn't skate constantly and I was attempting tricks about 5% of the time. So it was mainly riding around, which doesn't take too much energy.

So I would say the total amount of time we actually skateboarded was about three to four hours...possibly more.

It was fun though, we ran into one of our friends up at the mall and he used my board a bit doing some kickflips, 360 flips in boots.

Meh, trust me. If you like to skate fast, being out of shape sucks ass. Honestly though, my favorite memories of skating and still is when you're just skating to somewhere either by yourself or with great friends. Or if you're just at the perfect spot, but just pushing and going quick on smooth terrain with different landscape, it's just mind boggling how happy you are and peaceful you are.

Haha, boots? Wtf lol. Reminds me one time of my friend trying to skate in clown shoes.

Meh, trust me. If you like to skate fast, being out of shape sucks ass. Honestly though, my favorite memories of skating and still is when you're just skating to somewhere either by yourself or with great friends. Or if you're just at the perfect spot, but just pushing and going quick on smooth terrain with different landscape, it's just mind boggling how happy you are and peaceful you are.

Haha, boots? Wtf lol. Reminds me one time of my friend trying to skate in clown shoes.

Yeah, just riding around is enjoyable. Wtf, clown shoes? I would find that very entertaining. :clapping: