Olympics

Slyde

No topic for Olympics? I'm watching it right now, and i gotta say its pretty entertaining. I never use to watch sports. (No offense to the aussies but AFL and other sports shown in Australia are a piece of shit).

The opening ceremony was awesome but that giant walk with the countries took forever.

lol i know eh waiting for australia to walk out..took way too long :P. opening ceremony was good

u were watchin it on ch7 right?

WTF were they doing putting ads on in the middle of fireworks, etc. the scroll opened, then they put a fking ad on.

could you hear the people talking on cb radio (walkie talkie)? lol

Edited by WRX22B1998

I agree, the opening ceremony was great, but now, that the games have opened for 2-3 days, all I've watched is:

- Rowing

- Swimming

- Indoor Volleyball

- Beach Volleyball

- Fencing

- Gymnastics

It's really crappy 'cause volleyball takes like alot of the time and it gets boring. -______________-

- Boxing & Soccer on our "alternate" channel.

I've watched (so far):

Men's Cycling

Men's Swimming Relay

Men's Swimming

Women's Swimming Relay

Women's Swimming

British Women's Team Archery against Japanese Women's Team Archery

Men's Judo

Gymnastics

Britain are doing shite right now, 7th in the table when I last looked, 2 Gold medals and 1 bronze medal. That sucks for us then.

I've watched a bit of everything really. Needs more women's beach volleyball though :P

I hope China top the medals table this year. I don't care for any other country than GBR but I'm just tired of seeing the USA top every damn time. Boring as hell.

Good to see lots of world records broken so far, especially in swimming, I'd also like some underdogs win some medals though, that's always good.

Holy shit Team GB are actually third in the medals table! I don't think anybody expected us to do this well.

Oh and do you know what's hilarious? Well for those who don't know. The 'winner' of the olympics is the country who wins the most gold medals, not total medals - so, all medals tables are ordered by golds won, regardless of how many medals are won in total.

However, NOT in America. No. Their country is so insecure about themselves that they show the table ordered by total medals... so Americans not knowing any better think that their country is winning... all the time. You can't blame them really, it's the media's fault. But really, they're THAT insecure they feel they need to do that?

Proof of American media getting it all so so wrong: NBC

The actual standings from non-US media: BBC

Everyone else's country shows the correct table right? It literally is just America that gets it wrong? I lol'd, but what a bunch of sore fucking losers though. Just because they aren't number 1. Wow.

It's all the little things like this that make everyone hate America so much I think.

lol, f*cking hilarious. That's exactly why I don't like the United States.

Anyway, yeah Team GB are doing quite well, 8 gold medals in 2 days, wonderful. As long as we stay there then we have a chance of winning it, we have 2012 too and I think we will do good as well.

I watched the Womens 10,000 Metre Marathon this morning, what an effort by Team GB. Paula Radcliffe had a calf injury but she kept going on and finished in 23rd place and Liz, she fell over and scraped her back and bust a few ribs and she finished too in 26th Place. Now that's an effort but I have to applaud the Romanians for winning it, the Romanian woman who won was at least 1 minute ahead of the Chase group from about 25 KM onwards.

Yesterday, I watched the 1000 Metres women and Rebecca Adlington made a wonderful performance coming in 1st and getting the gold. She was leading almost the whole race or freestyle w/e and she did well. That's really the only Gold medals I have seen happen for team GB so far, I sure hope there are some more.

Holy shit Team GB are actually third in the medals table! I don't think anybody expected us to do this well.

Oh and do you know what's hilarious? Well for those who don't know. The 'winner' of the olympics is the country who wins the most gold medals, not total medals - so, all medals tables are ordered by golds won, regardless of how many medals are won in total.

However, NOT in America. No. Their country is so insecure about themselves that they show the table ordered by total medals... so Americans not knowing any better think that their country is winning... all the time. You can't blame them really, it's the media's fault. But really, they're THAT insecure they feel they need to do that?

Everyone else's country shows the correct table right? It literally is just America that gets it wrong? I lol'd, but what a bunch of sore fucking losers though. Just because they aren't number 1. Wow.

It's all the little things like this that make everyone hate America so much I think.

That and the fact we're run by mostly morons. And the whole policing the world thing. Oh, and the fact that we have the highest concentration of assholes in proportion to the population, right?

Our bitching about being in second place is definitely one of the reasons I'm not watching the Olympics. Another is that I could give a shit about anything sports-related.

I've got pretty much nothing to do most these days so I've been watching pretty much anything that was on. I think China will definitely win. I don't like their country either but for completely different reasons I won't go into here, but I'd rather them win than the USA. Mainly because the USA won the last 3 olympics so it's getting boring now. We need a new winner IMO.

You guys see Micheal Phelps? 8 freaking gold medals! He is like a damn fish.

So far I've enjoyed almost every sport. Lots of world records broken too.

moar like 7. Cavic beat him in the 100m butterfly. I really don't care for it anymore after that race, there are tons of people saying Cavic beat him, and he did, it shouldn't be about who hits the wall the hardest but who goes the distance the fastest -- and that's what Cavic did.

That's because America is counting the Most Medals, which the U.S.A has. They aren't doing anything wrong.

yeah last day.

shame USA basketball womens beat aus. AGAIN. lol.

and the mens lol.

you would expect china to do good, theres 1+ billion of them, some are bound to be good at that stuff :P

omg 51 gold compared to 35. LOL. source

^ they sort it properly, but also write in the last column the rank by number of medals.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Michael Phelps in not that great athlete, swimming is easier than running. Take Paavo nurmi for example, she ran gold medals in 10 000 m, 5 000 m and meny more long runs. Michael Phleps had gold medals in swimming 100m, 400m. Even some American experts say that Michael Phelps in not as good as Paavo Nurmi.

No topic for Olympics? I'm watching it right now, and i gotta say its pretty entertaining. I never use to watch sports. (No offense to the aussies but AFL and other sports shown in Australia are a piece of shit).

The opening ceremony was awesome but that giant walk with the countries took forever.

Second, lol.

To be honest, I was only looking forward to the opening and closing ceremonies...

The cycling stacks were funny as hell and the black guy that kicked the umpire made me laugh :lol:

Second, lol.

To be honest, I was only looking forward to the opening and closing ceremonies...

The cycling stacks were funny as hell and the black guy that kicked the umpire made me laugh :lol:

Oh yeah i heard about that. Pwned.

Closing ceremony in an hour. BTW running is not harder than swimming.