Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

Quad core = fad. End.

GTAIV won't require dual core, but it will be optimized to take advantage of it. It's not all about what make of processor you have either really. No point in ahving one that you had to sell your firstborn to buy if it's not backed up with other good components. I think that a rig running a 2.4 ghz dual core could run it on full with the right RAM / GFX setup.

Quad core = fad. End.

Bullshit it is, the more cores the better, but it costs more and most games (even some applications) still don't take advantage of them.

IMO they should program each core to do a different task. For example if you had a quad-core processor and a game, one core would do the physics, one for the lighting/shadowing, one for rendering, and one for processing information. The graphics and sound cards would take care of the other bits.

2.4 Pentium HT, 512mb of memory, 20gb HD and 4mb Intel intergrated graphics ... wrong computer ...

My laptop has ... 8600m GT 512mb, Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz and 3gb memory.

I plan on building a desktop soon enough anyway.

That's a damn nice computer for a laptop, I just don't like to game on them, but you should be able to run it on there anyway.

GTA IV can be played on highest Details and graphics, if u have the following similar machine or + :-

Intel core 2 duo, 2.4GHz (2.0GHz is ok)

1 GB RAM for windows XP, 2 GB RAM for windows Vista

8GB to 10 GB Free hard disk space

VGA Card:- 256 MB VRAM, Nvidia Geforce 7800 or Better, Shader Model 3.0 Supportable recommended

These are the DAMN SURE requirements cuz my cousin works in Nvidia company and he mailed me these requirements and after few days, similar requirements are also posted in gta4.tv website :rolleyes:

Are you some sort of GTA4.tv promoter or something? You do realise they just posted Call of Duty 4 specs, verbatim, don't you. Their guess is as good as ours. I think ours is more realistic though.

Also I don't believe you have a cousin. Why would anyone at nVidia know what the requirements are?

lol

Anyway, why would R* email the requirements to NVIDIA?

Okay, I'll do that. And then I'll prove you wrong. They'll definitely be similar but I think Chris82 or my guess is the closest. Anyway, how are you so sure? Your cousin is probably chatting BS, I'm nto even sure if NVIDIA even has a building in Bahrain or wherever your cousin (Susan or w/e his name is) works.

Enjoy your imminent fail then.

Oh and guy with crappy laptop, BULL, or someone, didn't notice you had a Intel GMA gfx card - yeah you're gonna be lucky as hell to get it to run on that mate. You not got a PC you can play it on? Upgrading laptops is ftl.

ur Admin and learn how to talk with ur forum's members, u should not say his laptop a crappy, he also have some feelings like us, Simply say him to buy a new PC, dont insult his laptop....

Dont mind but i dont like those ppl who are actually MALE and put the pic of FEMALE in their DPs ..... wtf :S :unsure:

Okay, I'll do that. And then I'll prove you wrong. They'll definitely be similar but I think Chris82 or my guess is the closest. Anyway, how are you so sure? Your cousin is probably chatting BS, I'm nto even sure if NVIDIA even has a building in Bahrain or wherever your cousin (Susan or w/e his name is) works.

Who told u tht my cousin is in bahrain ? =S

Don't mean to be offensive to gays, but are you gay? You put a pic of the undertaker in your avi, eww that's gross.

Oh then i should call u a GAY as well,,, a picture of a JOKER of Dark knight ?

I'm psychic. Just assumed that because your flag says that you live in Bahrain. Anyway, this is getting a little off-topic now. Back on the road we go!

EDIT: Heath Ledger was an awesome actor, and the Joker is an awesome villain. It's called The Dark Knight btw...

Then i must say that the undertaker is the best wrestler in sports and entertainment history, Undefeated at wrestlemania, 8 Times world Heavy weight champion, His entrance is best in wwe History... Hes Simply the best ! :rolleyes:

Edited by Farhan Master

I'm psychic. Just assumed that because your flag says that you live in Bahrain. Anyway, this is getting a little off-topic now. Back on the road we go!

EDIT: Heath Ledger was an awesome actor, and the Joker is an awesome villain. It's called The Dark Knight btw...

Then i must say that the undertaker is the best wrestler in sports and entertainment history, Undefeated at wrestlemania, 8 Times world Heavy weight champion, His entrance is best in wwe History... Hes Simply the best ! :rolleyes:

He's just lucky that he gets to play that part, it's all fake y'know.