Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

Batter card would be 8x00 where x > 5

And I think all of ATi/AMD's HD cards are faster too. Which I think is R600 and higher, but I'm not sure.

And I think you can play it with that card. Just with everything to its lowest settings..

I'd get a better card if you intend to play the game. Low settings never are fun..

My Ultra-l33t setup

Antec 900 case 650w psu, 4 120mm fans and the big 200mm fan http://www.antec.com/uk/productDetails.php?ProdID=08009

Asus A8N32 Sli-Deluxe

Amd 64 4200 dual core

4gb ddr

BFG oc 8800gts 640mb

BFG PhysX 128mb

SB X-fi extrememusic

320gb HDD

DvD burner

Vista Home Premium 64bit

Logitech z-5500 speakers - nice and loud THX

19" LCD 1280x1024 max - need better monitor

Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard

Logitech marble mouse universal trackball.

w00t :D

Edited by Dopeman 00420

My Ultra-l33t setup

Amd 64 4200 dual core

BFG oc 8800gts 640mb

Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard

Logitech marble mouse universal trackball.

wat2.jpg

Seriously trackballs are shit.

And he's not calling the monitor small (it's medium-sized), he's saying the resolution is, which actually it isn't-for non-widescreen displays, 1024x768 is small. 1280x1024 is medium. 1600x1200 is HUEG.

Hey, I have a laptop...

C2D 2.53ghz

4gb ddr2 800mhz ram

320gb WD hdd

9600m GT graphics, 512mb dedicated ddr2 memory

Will this run GTA IV comfortably?

Cheers in advance.

I'd say so.

Hi,

I also would like to know if my "old" pc can run GTAVI :)

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+

1 GB RAM

NVIDIA 6600

Perhaps at lower settings.

Back on topic, I would reccomend at least 2gb of ram for those that have less. And those that are using XP with a Dx10 card should make the switch to Vista, it has come along way since its release. If you do goto Vista, consider going to 4gb of ram. Vista eats that shit up, alot more than XP. Id imagine this game will take advatange of multi core Cpu's, biggest performance boost, next to vid card.

@eddie-kun..

ur processor looks good, but 8500GT isnt gonna let you play :(

upgrade to a 8800 gt or a good radeon card (4850 or somethin)

@Cjfromsanandreas

i dunno man, laptop graphics (especially that) isnt all that great. you have the same CPU as me :P but yeah i dont think it'l work.

@linezero

not with a 9550 dude, the other stuff is ok. you need to upgrade your video card

dude.

if your graphics is intel, dont even think about trying to play lol. cos its not gonna happen. no offence meant but, yeh.

someone (i think chris82) mentioned that if you cant play gta san andreas on max settings then you def. wont be able to play gta IV.

sucks that its a laptop, otherwise you coulda upgraded it. :(

dude.

if your graphics is intel, dont even think about trying to play lol. cos its not gonna happen. no offence meant but, yeh.

someone (i think chris82) mentioned that if you cant play gta san andreas on max settings then you def. wont be able to play gta IV.

sucks that its a laptop, otherwise you coulda upgraded it. :(

I do play SA on maxed settings, with next to no lag (only a slight bit when it rains)... but no chance you say? Not even on bare settings?

I'm just planning to get this in my christmas presents :coolthumbup:

Here's something from my pc:

AMD Athlon(TradeMark o.O) 64 Processor 3500+ ~2.2 GHz

1024MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (256 MB)

Resolution: 1280x1024 (32bit)

And my OS is Windows XP (Service Pack 2). I'll hope this is enough, but if it's not, I will propably upgrade something, like my video card...

I'm just planning to get this in my christmas presents :coolthumbup:

Here's something from my pc:

AMD Athlon(TradeMark o.O) 64 Processor 3500+ ~2.2 GHz

1024MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (256 MB)

Resolution: 1280x1024 (32bit)

And my OS is Windows XP (Service Pack 2). I'll hope this is enough, but if it's not, I will propably upgrade something, like my video card...

Save money, dont buy a new vid card for that setup. It'll be a waste of money. Im assuming its a AGP vid card, on a AGP motherboard. I also assume you work. So buy a new barebones setup and start fresh, pref Directx 10 setup. gl.

I do play SA on maxed settings, with next to no lag (only a slight bit when it rains)... but no chance you say? Not even on bare settings?

Intel graphics are seriously horrible, I've never heard of "only lagging when it rains" but it's not good, I don't think you'll be able to play.

i have

windows XP

Processor: Intel pentium ® 4CPU 3.6Ghz

Memory: 3gb ram

GFX: ATi Radeon x1650 series

could i do with upgrading my gfx card - what do you recommend?

many thanks

ATi 4850.