Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

If it can run on low settings @45fp/s,

then I recon it can run on medium settings @20fp/s, I don't need any more than this.

dont most games not run at 60 fps, 45 fps will be quite laggy? correct me if im wrong,

im planning on running IV at lowest on all settings to get a constant framerate

Edited by claude-5

Below 24 will seem laggy. It requires 24 frames to trick the human eye into thinking stuff is smooth. Humans see in 30 frames per second, and 60-80 in times of frustration, like in war, thats why soldiers say "It happened in slow motion", because the brain makes the eye pump out more frames, making vision slower, and smoother.

I believe I am correct on my figures, correct me if I am wrong, I'd like to know.

Edited by Shortbus

Im not much of a computer buff so how much work do I need to do to my pc to make it run gta4 at at least medium standards?

1GB/2GB(max) ram

Intel pentium D 820 dual core/ 2.8ghz

L2 cache 2mb

16x dvd drive

integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200 :thumbsdown:

250GB hard drive

Aside from the GTA standpoint anyone have other suggestions to help it out? Money not being a factor, because I thought about upgrading the os.

Im not much of a computer buff so how much work do I need to do to my pc to make it run gta4 at at least medium standards?

1GB/2GB(max) ram

L2 cache 2mb

16x dvd drive

250GB hard drive

Aside from the GTA standpoint anyone have other suggestions to help it out? Money not being a factor, because I thought about upgrading the os.

XP is ok i think. Since Vista requires more RAM. And i think the built in Xpress 200 won't do. I have used it and Max Payne 2 lagged on it :P

I'd recommend Geforece 8800 GT or equivalent ATI card. And unlucky for me i read the 8500 GT reviews after i had bought it lol.

Edited by Lonewᶲlf

1GB/2GB(max) ram

L2 cache 2mb

16x dvd drive

250GB hard drive

I really don't think you'll be able to run it on medium, maybe low but it would still be very slow. I had a Xpress 200 and it ran SA smoothly on low, kinda slow at times though. So yeah, it definitely won't be able to run IV smoothly.

1GB/2GB(max) ram

L2 cache 2mb

16x dvd drive

250GB hard drive

the integrated radeon is gonna fk u up. the other stuff is ok...do you have 1 or 2gb ram? from what u wrote their it seems u have 1gb, with capability for 2. but umm yeah..do you have pci express support on that motherboard? otherwise u may as well get a new motherboard + new ram (unless ur ram at the moment is DDR2) + new video card. id say about $400. a 8800gt is 150 at the moment on newegg, this asus p5k-se is $85, and 2gb of OCZ ram is $50. so your looking at a little under $300. this motherboard will support any future CPU upgrade (eg to core2duo or core2quad), and has 1 PCI-e x16 slot. you might also need a new power supply depending on what u got now...this one is good and will support if u get a new CPU too. i think that power supply will be able to handle what you got at the moment, please anyone correct me if im wrong :P

edit:

you COULD get vista, and dual-boot XP + vista... im not a big fan of vista lolz, but it will give you DX10 support

Edited by WRX22B1998

Uhh... no? A FX 5200 is one of the shittest cards ever.

yo, friend, can i not play GTA with my Gforce 5200 at the lowest resolution and the lowest everything of everything in the game like the textures and bla bla bla... ya would the others things in my PC not be sufficient to overcome problems in grahics?

Its that right now am going to go for an exam and my parents are monitoring my money expenditures and they gonna grill me if they know I used my tuition money for buying those upgrades!

v6rnpcmulo7oawcu638w.jpg

8bdmht8kktijlk6i2ytq.jpg

Extra Info:-

Goin to upgrade to 3GB RAM before Release of GTA 4

Laptop Cache memory = L2 4MB Cache memory

320GB Hard disk

Will GTA 4 run in my laptop? Lowest? Low? Medium or High Details?

I can play Call of duty 4 on highest details on 1440x900 Resolution without any lag ..!

Thanx in Advance.. :rolleyes:

Uhh, I guess you could get extra RAM memory, processor is very good for a laptop:p And the videocard, i guess you should get all in medium for smooth play, but im not sure, because videocards in Laptops really arent as good as in desktops you know. ;)

v6rnpcmulo7oawcu638w.jpg

8bdmht8kktijlk6i2ytq.jpg

Extra Info:-

Goin to upgrade to 3GB RAM before Release of GTA 4

Laptop Cache memory = L2 4MB Cache memory

320GB Hard disk

Will GTA 4 run in my laptop? Lowest? Low? Medium or High Details?

I can play Call of duty 4 on highest details on 1440x900 Resolution without any lag ..!

Thanx in Advance.. :rolleyes:

Uhh, I guess you could get extra RAM memory, processor is very good for a laptop:p And the videocard, i guess you should get all in medium for smooth play, but im not sure, because videocards in Laptops really arent as good as in desktops you know. ;)

Thanx.... and the Video card... as i have mentioned.. i can play Call of duty 4 on highest details + max resolution... (and Crysis all settings on high and shadows on medium.. Gears of War high details... Assassins creed all details on high and shadows on medium... )

Operating Systems: Linux Ubuntu

Processor: Intel Pentium 4

Processor Speed: 2.40GHz

Memory: DDR 512MB

Maximum Memory: 2.0GB

HDD Capacity: 500GB

Audio Description: Integrated Audio AC '97 Audio

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 4000

Power: 160 Watt

Should be a real challenge. Not that I plan to use this program on my machine, but with a video card upgrade it might work. I end up using wine to run most the windows programs.

Well, went out in town to find some computers, and ended up finding this type:

Intel Quad Core Q6600

Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit)

3GB RAM

500GB HDD

nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT

9500GT is close enough to 9600GT so it wouldn't really make a difference, would it? To be honest, I don't care if it can't run GTA4 at high or medium, as long as it at least can run on low, then I'm fine. And if it isn't a good GFX card, please state another option I could take.

Well, since I go college, I wouldn't really care less if the graphics card sucks, I'm sticking with that.

Thanks.

Intel Quad Core Q6600

3GB RAM

500GB HDD

nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT

9500GT is close enough to 9600GT so it wouldn't really make a difference, would it? To be honest, I don't care if it can't run GTA4 at high or medium, as long as it at least can run on low, then I'm fine. And if it isn't a good GFX card, please state another option I could take.

Well, since I go college, I wouldn't really care less if the graphics card sucks, I'm sticking with that.

Thanks.

You defenitely should buy a 9600GT, Its so much better for like 20bucks or something, and its near a highend, and so easy overclockeable you know. And it has so better graphics .

Intel Quad Core Q6600

3GB RAM

500GB HDD

nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT

Thanks.

You defenitely should buy a 9600GT, Its so much better for like 20bucks or something, and its near a highend, and so easy overclockeable you know. And it has so better graphics .

But wouldn't it be just by a bit? I mean, I can finally start buying myself these components, but if it's just going to do just a bit, then I'm pretty much wasting my money?

hi ppl i just want to know your oppinions.. will my pc run GTA IV fine with no lags... see specs below :

AMD Athlon 64 4800+ X2 Dual Core

2GB DDR2 Kingston

GeForce 7800GT 256MB

160GB Sata HDD

DVD RW DL

Windows XP Pro SP2

DirectX 9.0c

...need help before I buy the game ??

hi ppl i just want to know your oppinions.. will my pc run GTA IV fine with no lags... see specs below :

AMD Athlon 64 4800+ X2 Dual Core

2GB DDR2 Kingston

GeForce 7800GT 256MB

160GB Sata HDD

DVD RW DL

Windows XP Pro SP2

DirectX 9.0c

...need help before I buy the game ??

Nope It just sucks that you have a DirectX 9.0c Gfxcard, maybe for like 120 bucks you could buy a equivalent card with DirectX10 if you want to upgrade to Windows Vista, and you defenitely could buy a gig of extra Ram, always handy;). And I dont know much bout AMD processors

Intel Quad Core Q6600

3GB RAM

500GB HDD

nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT

Thanks.

But wouldn't it be just by a bit? I mean, I can finally start buying myself these components, but if it's just going to do just a bit, then I'm pretty much wasting my money?

No defenitely not,

Well if you want to buy the 9500GT anyway, you really need to look for the DDR3 Version, its faster than the DDR2 Version:). And the 9600GT really can take games like Crysis at High Details, and if you decide to overclock it, some details can even get to Ultra High:). And with thr 9500GT it just sticks with Medium/Low

Edited by RaverJeroen1992