Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.79GHz

Sapphire Radeon HD 3450 512MB

Component Shop 1GB PC2700 DDR SODIMM RAM + 512MB RAM that came with the PC

Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Maxtor 160GB IDE

I think that's all. Whaddya think? I know it's a POS, but I've tried to upgrade most of the components, I replaced the mobo, gfx, added RAM and upgraded the hard drive. I think it might do well on low settings.

Hey peeps. I Pre-ordered GTAIV for pc at GameStop and these are the requirements they have posted though probably not official.

Recommended System Requirements

Disk Drive : DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Hard Drive Space : 18GB free hard disk space

Operating System : Windows XP or Vista

Processor : Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)

RAM : 2GB RAM or 1.5GB RAM for Vista

Video Card : 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card, or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader Model 3.0 or higher

I just found it interesting that GameStop had these req. posted. Also bad news according to them. GTAIV - PC has been delayed from November 18 until December 2. :(

They notified me about the release delay VIA email concerning my Pre-order.

lol haven't we seen these req somewhere before? Cough "M$" :bashhead:

Edited by Captain318

RAM : 2GB RAM or 1.5GB RAM for Vista

That sounds incorrect.

And I certainly hope it's not delayed, but December 2nd isn't that much longer.

Yeah usually its the other way around Vista is usually the operating system that needs about 0.5GB RAM more than the XP users.

I don't know how accurate this is but...

Minimum

1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor

256MB of RAM

8x DVD-ROM Drive

3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install

64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)

DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card

Keyboard & Mouse

High

Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)

RAM: 2GB

Hard Drive: 18GB Free Space

Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader

Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Sounds like shit to me :o

EDIT: Just saw the post two up... Kinda looks similar. Even though I think these requirements are just a lie... It suprises me that I'd find another one only slightly different...

Edited by Deji

where did you get that from?

dont know what crack your smoking thinkin you can play gta4 on a pentium 3 LOL. u would struggle to play san andreas on that!!

and geforce 3 sucks balls lol. i had a geforce 4 mx in the pc before i upgraded it to a fx5200, it struggled with vice city!

i dont like how they put "512mb dx10 compatible" because that would mean you can buy a 8500gt and thats good supposedly...? lol. it would be better if they put someting like "geforce 8600/9600 + / ati 3650 +" or something more meaningful

dont know what crack your smoking thinkin you can play gta4 on a pentium 3 LOL. u would struggle to play san andreas on that!!

and geforce 3 sucks balls lol. i had a geforce 4 mx in the pc before i upgraded it to a fx5200, it struggled with vice city!

i dont like how they put "512mb dx10 compatible" because that would mean you can buy a 8500gt and thats good supposedly...? lol. it would be better if they put someting like "geforce 8600/9600 + / ati 3650 +" or something more meaningful

Well it all really depends on how low they have made the lowest settings in GTA IV. For all we know R* could have made it as compatible as possible so that more people would buy it. I don't really think it is accurate though... I mean... 3.8 GB to 18!?

Edited by Deji

Well it all really depends on how low they have made the lowest settings in GTA IV. For all we know R* could have made it as compatible as possible so that more people would buy it. I don't really think it is accurate though... I mean... 3.8 GB to 18!?

Like I've previously stated and will continue to state, if you CAN'T RUN SAN ANDREAS ON MAX SETTINGS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO LAG, YOU WILL NOT BE PLAYING GTA IV ON PC AT ALL.

Last I checked, a Pentium III with 256mb of RAM and a GeForce 3 were the minimum requirements for San Andreas. GTA IV having the same minimum specs is impossible in every sense of the word.

Here is my System Specs->

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

with a speed of 2.20 GHz

Memory- 1024 MB, planning on upgrading to 3GB ETA- end of the week

Graphics- Radeon X1300/1550 256MB - Planning on upgrading to ATI Radeon HD 3650 1024MB

by first week of November.

OS- Windows XP Serverpack 3 (yes 3)

Planning on playing at Medium-High Graphics at either 1024x768 or

1280x960.

What I would like answered please: 1. Could i play it WITHOUT the upgrades, 2. Could i play it WITH the upgrades and, 3. Could i play it with super-Jesus graphics WITH the upgrades.

Link to the Video Card- http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...1194&catid=

Link to the planned Memory card- http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...0859&catid=

For your reference. Thank you for the answer you provide.

Edited by JoetheSchmoe

You can get a much better card for 150 dollars than a 3650. Even if it does have 1GB of video memory, a 4850 with 512 memory would be better I think.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814125238

There is the card I am getting, for 15 more bucks you can get a card which is substantially better.

also, don't quote me on this, I have menial knowledge in this stuff, but still enough to get around

-Also you can get some good quality Corsair ram for 40 dollars. I got 2GB for 40 dollars, but mine is only DDR2667.

Edited by Shortbus

Well PS3 rules then! 7 Cores!? Helling Fuck! That's about how many Generations of gaming exist... And I say if your PC is bettah then mine by any lil detail. GTA IV should run fine on low settings. I'm plannin on gettin some more RAM for mine just to speed up my daily routine. It's 512MB but I think I only (REALLY) need another 512 to have it faster then I've ever experienced xD - Can't see why I need 7GB of ram that I won't use when I can just leave a few apps runnin overnight to have something faster...

Well PS3 rules then! 7 Cores!? Helling Fuck!

Not really, in certain parts GTA IV lags. Like in places with too much light and reflections, like Middle Park, Chinatown, ect..

Well I dont own a PS3 but I do own a Xbox360 and I heard the game runs at a higher res on the 360 but it lags on 360 "atleast mine" pretty bad in some situations. I heard the PS3 version had a better frame rate because it runs at a lower res and installs to the HDD. In some test though the 360 with a tripple core Proc spanks PS3 with seven cores but I dont know. More is not always better I guess just more expensive. I still want to buy a PS3 one day. All around this game is rough on the consoles but should run like butter on a good PC if its coded and optimized well. PC is lightyears ahead of the current consoles now.