Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

I've already asked before with the previously announced requirements that turned out to be unofficial, but now with the new unbelievable minimum requirements I'm not very sure if I'm able to run the game at least on lowest graphical options.

My PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3000+

CPU Speed: 1.81 GHz Performance Rated at 3.00 GHz

RAM: 1.5 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

CD-Rom: CD-rw + DVD (II2350O PLA752Y)

Could anyone please be so kind to tell me if I will be able to at least run the game and play it on lowest of low without lag?

No you need a dual core processor and at least a 7900.

I've already asked before with the previously announced requirements that turned out to be unofficial, but now with the new unbelievable minimum requirements I'm not very sure if I'm able to run the game at least on lowest graphical options.

My PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3000+

CPU Speed: 1.81 GHz Performance Rated at 3.00 GHz

RAM: 1.5 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

CD-Rom: CD-rw + DVD (II2350O PLA752Y)

Could anyone please be so kind to tell me if I will be able to at least run the game and play it on lowest of low without lag?

No you need a dual core processor and at least a 7900.

Well i have a dual-core. Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz to be exact, lets hope it will do. But now im worried about the RAM. I'm on 2 GB but also running VISTA.

Windows XP Service pack 3

Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz

1022Mb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 256.0 Mb

I'm gonna buy more 1000Mb ram, and buy GTA IV.

It will pull it off one way or another.(even if with lag :S)

For play I'm probably shutting down useless programs like explorer.exe and LOTS of stuff more.

Edit: ok, now i got 2046Mb ram :D

Edited by Carbon

Windows XP Service pack 3

Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz

1022Mb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 256.0 Mb

I'm gonna buy more 1000Mb ram, and buy GTA IV.

It will pull it off one way or another.(even if with lag :S)

For play I'm probably shutting down useless programs like explorer.exe and LOTS of stuff more.

Good luck with your single-core processor, the game requires a multi-core to run.

Crap , no way my 9800 GT , core due 2.67Ghz and 2gb ram can max it :'(

Never in my life have I seen a game with so high hardware requirements. Even the minimum ones need a beast of a machine and meeting them doesn't guarantee you decent fps to actually be able and play the game. Probably the biggest problem is

that one needs a dual core proccessor which is pretty silly considering that many( not to say most) users are still stuck with a single core one which isn't great but it at least runs new games.

I planning to buy this beast:

product1_13673.jpg

It is a MSI GX600, Specs:

2gb RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz

NVIDIA Geforce 8600M GT 512mb Dedicated

250gb HDD

Windows Vista Home Premium

I'm just wondering what your opinion is on how well it will play GTA IV when it comes out?

I think it would probably handle medium settings.

product1_13673.jpg

2gb RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz

250gb HDD

I'm just wondering what your opinion is on how well it will play GTA IV when it comes out?

I think it would probably handle medium settings.

Sweet, even if I had to play it on low I would still get it for the modding!

product1_13673.jpg

2gb RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz

250gb HDD

That would probably do the trick on medium or low. Hmm, that laptop looks familiar; it's the same notebook that a guy used in the Philippine version of Ugly Betty.

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

product1_13673.jpg

2gb RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz

250gb HDD

I forgot to mention MSI's Turbo Drive Engine Technology which increases performance upto and above 20%, would this affect how well GTA IV would run aswell?

01.jpg

Recommended System Requirements

OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz

Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)

18 GB Free Hard Drive Space

Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

I pass, and The NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT is way better than the 8600GT, the 9600GT is compareable with the 8800GTS 640MB :D:D, Thank you God! Hallelujah:P. Bt why does it has such heavy system requirements?

WTF!! A phenom?! Is this official?

Do you think the AMD X2 4600+ 2.4 ghz will handle this game if Graphic Card is ATI 4850 and RAM 2 GB DDR2?

Minimum System Requirements for GTA IV:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz

Memory: 1.5GB

16GB Free Hard Drive Space

Graphics/Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

OK, i saw the minimum requirements. Those were the recommended.

Now, my processor, AMD X2 2.4 is the minimum requirement.

Does this mean that I won't play the game on max graphics even if I have the ATI 4850?

Isn't the video card who makes most of the work?

Edited by gtafan09

Well video card does the graphics but prosessor does all the work as it is the one who has to progress all the data so the game runs. If you have a crappy prosessor and top mark graphic card it doesn't really matter if the graphic card is good as your prosessor is the thing that makes the program run not the graphics card. Your graphic card can handle the high settings but your prosessor can't handle the data load and will make it laggy on high.

I'm quite happy that I have that triple core prosessor I really hope that they will program it so that it really uses all three prosessors and not just two of them.

Edited by Wezqu

product1_13673.jpg

2gb RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz

250gb HDD

I forgot to mention MSI's Turbo Drive Engine Technology which increases performance upto and above 20%, would this affect how well GTA IV would run aswell?

01.jpg

How is that a beast? For Windows Vista I recommend 4GB of RAM and an 8600 really isn't a good graphics card...in fact latops are horrible for gaming, honestly just get a desktop, you'll be much happier.

Also that "Turbo Drive Engine Technology" just looks like they're overclocking your system a bit, it will improve performance a little but overclocking a laptop is bad.

Just get a desktop. I'm about to get 4GB of RAM and a Phenom 9950, which will undoubtedly run GTAIV well.