Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

Sigh. I'm worried that I will not be able to run this game with high texture etc settings, high traffic density and normal resolution. They should make sure that recommended settings are real! According to the recommended settings, my rig is above the recommended system settings, well almost (GPU PNY 8800GT 512MB and 4GB of RAM. CPU is C2D E8400, recommended is QUAD). But most of the people are telling me that I will be able to run it with 1280x1024 and medium settings. So does QUAD really affects it so much? When your computer is the same what minimum requirements are, then it should mean that You are able to run it with low settings and low resolution. When Ur computer is better than minimum but does not succeed recommended, then It should mean you are able to play it with medium settings and medium resolution. But when it is above the recommended, then it should mean that you should be able to run it with almost everything high and high resolution. And my computer is better than recommended(besides QUAD CPU). So only because of the QUAD I will not be able to run this game with normal resolution and high settings? That's funny because when I was building my computer then I had to choose between Q6600 and E8400 and most of the reviews and articles told that E8400 is above the Q6600. But I guess GTA IV knows how to use 4 core's and that's why is it so. But still it frustrates me that just because of the 2 core CPU I will not be to play this game with max settings and good resolution. :pissed:

Edited by extender

Hi Guys!

HELP ME GET OUT OF HERE!

GTA4 is about to come out. However, here I am still struggling with my pc specs wondering if it can be able to make it run eventually!

I downloaded Tomb Raider: Underworld yesterday, I tried to run that game with the graphic quality of middle level, and most of the special features turned on, also with 1086*768. What I found is that although the graphic not hundred percent fluently on my laptop but I can actually play that game properly without any incidents happen. IN a word, play it comfortable under the settings I mentioned above.

SO, all I want to know now is, whether I can be able to play GTA4 base on the similar level of settings as in the Tomb Raider: Underworld on my laptop???

Cheers!!!

naamloosxp8.jpg:coolthumbup: lol plz help me:P can i play gta iv on comp?

Would you be so kind to tell us what kind of videocard you have, but the rest seems fine, although you could buy 2 gigs of extra ram, always handy!

sure is this where u looking for?xd i hope that i can play gta iv on my comp beeldschermpu6.jpg

@chris82

yeah i think they did mention something about drivers or whatever. I think cos they tested it on a really new card (whenever it was), that too.

@gtaivnerd

Sorry to say, but no way in hell. You got a intel integrated graphics = shit.

@Mabuba

the requirements are posted. whether you can play or not, nobody can say for sure, but you might be able to play it on lowest settings.

@extender

you should be able to play that easy! E8400 might be core 2, but the end of the day , its 3GHz core 2. I think when they benchmarked other games, they compared that against Q6600, Q6600 was only faster at stuff you would expect, like video encoding and stuff like that. Although GTA4 might be more optimised for multicore compared to other games / apps. 8800GT as well is a very good card. If they are saying the "recommended" is a 8600GT, you will be able to run this in very high settings I would think...what resolution do you run ? You would have no problem running 1280x1024 in very high detail. Although that's not a guarantee, I am pretty sure you would be able to run it in high settings. If you have Vista you get the benefit of DX10 too, so that will help too.

@ice

no. not with a intel integrated. as said before, you need a reasonably good dedicated video card (9600GT is a good price about now..$120 i think) to be able to play this.

CPU:Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz

RAM:767 MB

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

:down:

im sure i cant run it but i want to upgrade my pc for it can some one give me guide

i've only got $300

Asus P5N-EM HDMI Motherboard-great motherboard with built-in NVIDIA GeForce 7100

Price range: $72.40 - $89.62

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300

$119.99

2GB (2 x 1GB) Adata DDR2-800

$27.99

for the video card...8600gt or a 9600gt i cant pick any of them...

im in a really tight budget sorry but can some one help me?

Sigh. I'm worried that I will not be able to run this game with high texture etc settings, high traffic density and normal resolution. They should make sure that recommended settings are real! According to the recommended settings, my rig is above the recommended system settings, well almost (GPU PNY 8800GT 512MB and 4GB of RAM. CPU is C2D E8400, recommended is QUAD). But most of the people are telling me that I will be able to run it with 1280x1024 and medium settings. So does QUAD really affects it so much? When your computer is the same what minimum requirements are, then it should mean that You are able to run it with low settings and low resolution. When Ur computer is better than minimum but does not succeed recommended, then It should mean you are able to play it with medium settings and medium resolution. But when it is above the recommended, then it should mean that you should be able to run it with almost everything high and high resolution. And my computer is better than recommended(besides QUAD CPU). So only because of the QUAD I will not be able to run this game with normal resolution and high settings? That's funny because when I was building my computer then I had to choose between Q6600 and E8400 and most of the reviews and articles told that E8400 is above the Q6600. But I guess GTA IV knows how to use 4 core's and that's why is it so. But still it frustrates me that just because of the 2 core CPU I will not be to play this game with max settings and good resolution. :pissed:

The Intel Quad 2.4 ghz is the lowest processor on their side after 2 cores. The Phenom x3 2.1 ghz is AMD's lowest processor after 2 cores. A quad core isn't REALLY recommended, otherwise AMD would have had the x4 as recommended instead of an x3

im sure i cant run it but i want to upgrade my pc for it can some one give me guide

i've only got $300

Asus P5N-EM HDMI Motherboard-great motherboard with built-in NVIDIA GeForce 7100

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300

$119.99

$27.99

You have plus/minus 75euros left, a 9600gt costs a little over 100$ now, maybe you could find an extra credit:S, but a 8600gt cost 70 to 80$, although it is a slower card, you still can play it on medium i guess:P

Just got my new pc today :thumbsup:

Windows Vista SP1 Premium

AMD Athlon X2 4800 Dual-core Processor 2.50GHZ

3GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics

Will I be able to run atleast on low?

Definitely not with that shitty GFXcard:P the rest seems fine :)

i've only got $300

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300

$119.99

$27.99

You have plus/minus 75euros left, a 9600gt costs a little over 100$ now, maybe you could find an extra credit:S, but a 8600gt cost 70 to 80$, although it is a slower card, you still can play it on medium i guess:P

hmm about the motherboard

i just found these two:

GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H-it comes with a NVIDIA GeForce 9400

$134.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128363

ASUS P5N7A-VM LGA 775-it come with a NVIDIA GeForce 9300

$119.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131348

so should i stick with my old plan or buy one of these and wait till i have some money to buy a new graphics card? >.<

or is there any cheaper video card that you can advice me with

Edited by jason3500

i've only got $300

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300

$119.99

$27.99

i just found these two:

$134.99

$119.99

so should i stick with my old plan or buy one of these and wait till i have some money to buy a new graphics card? >.<

Personaly, i think you should stick with your first plan, buy a 8600gt, its way better,than 9300 and 9400series, and its integrated:P so thats always suckish

i've only got $300

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300

$119.99

$27.99

i just found these two:

$134.99

$119.99

Personaly, i think you should stick with your first plan, buy a 8600gt, its way better,than 9300 and 9400series, and its integrated:P so thats always suckish

wow thx for the fast reply but is Asus P5N-EM HDMI ok for a gaming motherboard? or is there any affordable gaming motherboards out there ill try and get some prices here in the Philippines tommorow >.<

On Ebay today. I won a x2 4800 Toledo, the fastest dual core compatible with my current mobo after a BIOS upgrade. I'm one of the few single cores that can upgrade to a dual in the same mobo with a BIOS update.

My final specs

ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe

x2 4800 Toledo (from single core 3500)

2 GB DDR1 memory

EVGA 9600 GT KO

450 w power supply

2 120 gb maxtor hard drives (7200 master, 5400 slave)

DVD-DL burner

Vista SP 1

1152x864 resolution

I don't care about maxing it, just as long as it'll look better than the consoles (aka only 33% traffic)

Edited by ZohanJohan

What about mine?

Duo 2core e4300

3g ram pc4200

360gb

Geforce 7100gs 256mb (shit)

Minimum maybe?

not with that video card :(

you wanna be aiming for the second number being a 6 .. eg 8600 9600 ... then you will be able to run on low/medium.

assuming you have a PCI-e mobo, you can upgrade to a 9600GT for around $100US or $130 AU (us price from newegg, au price from msy.com.au) then you will be able to play.

Hello. I decided to buy myself a new PC for GTA 4 and I would like to ask you if you could tell me if GTA IV would run on best graphics and maximum draw distance on the PC I chose:

Main: GA-MA770-DS3 Gigabyte AMD 770+SB600 SAM2+ ATX 5200FSB VGA 1xPCI-Ex16,1xPCI-E2.0,4xDDRII-1066,4xSATAII,RAID,8CH,3x1394,1xGLAN

Processor: ADV6000DOBOX AMD ATHLON 64 X2 6000+ AM2 BOX

RAM: APA/800/1/5/64*8 APACER BRANDED DDR2 800 1GB CL5 64*8 2x

Video Card: CGAX-4872DDO CLUB 3D HD 4870 PCIE 512M DDR5 OVERCLOCK

Also I'm interested in how well I would be able to play the Multiplayer mode since I usually have ~150ms ping (isn't that a bit too high?) on European servers.

Thanks in advance (:

@Nedizz

well 4870 is a great video card, definitely up there. AMD X2 6000+ you will be able to play for sure. also, make sure you get a brand name power supply (antec, thermaltake, coolermaster etc) with about 430W + (i think thats enough). I'd get another gigabyte of ram too, 1gb is enough for day-to-day use, but if you are planning on gaming i'd get at least 2gb. Also are you going to use vista or XP ? Vista will give an advantage with DX10, but like I said before, you'll want more ram.

what internet type do you have? and what speed is it? go check on speedtest.net. 150ms isnt too bad, when i played medal of honor online on USA servers, my ping was like 250. its ok, but dont bother trying to snipe people cos it just doesnt work.

@Lid431

Im not too sure about your specific mobo, but other ASUS P5L have a PCI-E x16 slot. I'd be saying yes, but check before you order it. Google for "Everest", a program that tells you a lot about your computer and it will tell you what slots your motherboard has :)

@Chip

Yeah i think you would be able to play on low.

Edited by WRX22B1998

@Lid431

Im not too sure about your specific mobo, but other ASUS P5L have a PCI-E x16 slot. I'd be saying yes, but check before you order it. Google for "Everest", a program that tells you a lot about your computer and it will tell you what slots your motherboard has :)

it has a x16 slot

i was wondering will it run or be compatible with my pc.

and will that video card give me medium perf?

Thank You