Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

Well i can run GTA IV on radeon X1300 with 1Gb of RAM but its very laggy.

well if i get 4Gb of ram with the same graphics card will it run smoother i can even take it with VERY LOW graphics.

plz answer as quick as you can :D

Maybe, but not necessarily so. Having a better CPU and a decent video card such as an Nvidia 8800 or an ATI 4870 may give it a significant boost.

Well i've an Intel Celeron D 3.06ghz, 1gb DDR2, a Gigabyte 8400GS & HDD 40gb IDE {barely full} and i'm asking what i've to upgrade first.

I know i've to up evrythg, but that will cost a lot of money so i can't ATM >.<

Btw I wanna keep my CPU, up the RAM to 3gb & buy a new SATA 250gb HDD, then i'll rather buy a new graphic card i guess.

I've seen a lot of ppl can run gta IV with Pentium 4 & 2gb ram + Geforce 8400GS in low, i tested but in recommended it put to "Low Med Med High Med Low" or something like that, but it's very laggy even if the memory shows sthg like 226mb/495mb used :thumbsdown:

Even when i put everything in low it's laggy, i had the 182.50 but ATM GTA is uninstalled (I'm playin Crysis in low :whistle: )

What's ur advice ?

[EDIT] Reinstalled, with 14gb empty on my HDD, same problem. I'm on 848*480 EVERYTHING in low and i've 200/493mb used. But it's 2laggy holy crap >.< >.< >.<

I've seen i use 900mb on my 1gb DDR when i'm playin so i'll buy 2gb more to have 3gb of RAM

On youtube, many people can run the game properly with my config but they have ~min 2gb of ram

Now i'll to update to 1.0.3.0 to turn off the shadow etc, and up my drivers to 182.50 :hurrhurr:

I've bought 4gb of RAM, waiting for it, i'll tell you :P

Edited by judy

Never posted my new specs here, so I might as well I guess.

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz

Ram: 3GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA 8600M GT 256MB

I reckon it should run good on low settings and maybe a bit sluggish on medium. What do you think?

The 256 card will leave you stuck with Minimum settings and 800x600 resolution. As in, really stuck, like, it won't let you change them higher.

Well i've an Intel Celeron D 3.06ghz, 1gb DDR2, a Gigabyte 8400GS & HDD 40gb IDE {barely full} and i'm asking what i've to upgrade first.

I know i've to up evrythg, but that will cost a lot of money so i can't ATM >.<

Btw I wanna keep my CPU, up the RAM to 3gb & buy a new SATA 250gb HDD, then i'll rather buy a new graphic card i guess.

I've seen a lot of ppl can run gta IV with Pentium 4 & 2gb ram + Geforce 8400GS in low, i tested but in recommended it put to "Low Med Med High Med Low" or something like that, but it's very laggy even if the memory shows sthg like 226mb/495mb used :thumbsdown:

Even when i put everything in low it's laggy, i had the 182.50 but ATM GTA is uninstalled (I'm playin Crysis in low :whistle: )

What's ur advice ?

[EDIT] Reinstalled, with 14gb empty on my HDD, same problem. I'm on 848*480 EVERYTHING in low and i've 200/493mb used. But it's 2laggy holy crap >.<>.<>.<

I've seen i use 900mb on my 1gb DDR when i'm playin so i'll buy 2gb more to have 3gb of RAM

On youtube, many people can run the game properly with my config but they have ~min 2gb of ram

Now i'll to update to 1.0.3.0 to turn off the shadow etc, and up my drivers to 182.50 :hurrhurr:

I've bought 4gb of RAM, waiting for it, i'll tell you :P

No fucking way that will ever run on a Celeron. Even a Celeron D. Celeron D @ 3.06 GHz = SHIT, or about a 1.2GHz Core 2 Duo. Trust me, it will never run on a Celeron, EVER. MAYBE a PENTIUM D @ 3.4 GHz, but no way a Celeron.

Yap, I bought it ~35€ so I made the right choice, I bought GTA IV on 360 :D

Well, no way to mod or add some cars but i'll play it very fluently and that's my point ;D

btw, thanks 4 the commentary, i'll maybe buy a new pc l8ter ^^

Well, even a Celeron will suffice in most common tasks. It may be Celeron, but it is at over 3 Gig and is dual core. No wheres near enough to run IV, but still better than my AMD Athlon 64 2800+ and my PC can run most modern programs.

just to give hope to those with low-end systems, if seen GTA IV run under these specs:

2.4 GHz Pentium 4

1.5 GB RAM

Geforce 6600GT 256 MB

Windows XP

no word of a lie, yes it PLAYED like shit, yes it LOOKED like shit, but it played, i was even suprised about that,

it was like 4 fps if that and the exhaust trails were plain white squares, it was a LMFAO moment, its just imo, running the game under the minimum spec will giv u a decent play if your not a graphics whore

• 2 weeks later...

Can it run on mine? Im not pretty much sure coz when I play Assasins Creed in DX9 there are times that are laggy.

Here's my specs:

Processor: Core 2 Duo E7400 @2.80GHz

RAM Memory: 2048mb'

O.S. Microsoft Windows XP Professional (but when I right click MY COMPUTER, it says there "Windows XP Ultimate - Service Pack3 v.5755)

Is my O.S. correct? I didnt install my OS so I have no idea if it is XP Pro or SP3.

Display: GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Can it run?

BTW, my friend hooked me up with a pirated GTA IV discs. It ran on his Vista. but when I was trying it an error occured saying:

"autorun.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

"setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Coz if it will work on me I would buy the original copy coz its worth it and save the trouble of buying an xbox 360 for the sake of GTAIV. :)

How can I fix this? (Is this fixed by changing my O.S.?)

Or will GTA IV run in 32 bit OS?

thanks, Im a newb.

Edited by AyoRaf

just to give hope to those with low-end systems, if seen GTA IV run under these specs:

2.4 GHz Pentium 4

1.5 GB RAM

Geforce 6600GT 256 MB

Windows XP

no word of a lie, yes it PLAYED like shit, yes it LOOKED like shit, but it played, i was even suprised about that,

it was like 4 fps if that and the exhaust trails were plain white squares, it was a LMFAO moment, its just imo, running the game under the minimum spec will giv u a decent play if your not a graphics whore

so you're saying it got 4 fps on minimum?

Can it run on mine? Im not pretty much sure coz when I play Assasins Creed in DX9 there are times that are laggy.

Here's my specs:

O.S. Microsoft Windows XP Professional (but when I right click MY COMPUTER, it says there "Windows XP Ultimate - Service Pack3 v.5755)

Is my O.S. correct? I didnt install my OS so I have no idea if it is XP Pro or SP3.

Can it run?

BTW, my friend hooked me up with a pirated GTA IV discs. It ran on his Vista. but when I was trying it an error occured saying:

Coz if it will work on me I would buy the original copy coz its worth it and save the trouble of buying an xbox 360 for the sake of GTAIV. :)

thanks, Im a newb.

It runs on 32-bit Windows systems. I guess your "Service Pack 3" is just a vandalised/hacked copy of XP; yes there is such a thing as SP3, but there are warezed versions of XP with addons, which are dubbed as Service Pack 3. Try downloading the real Service Pack at Microsoft's site, and then reinstall IV.

As for your specs, well maybe, probably on low settings, plus some forced commandline options.

Here's my specs:

Can it run?

thanks, Im a newb.

yeah it should run OK, but the 9400 will limit how high you can have the details etc. also with pirated version you might encounter problems (freezing, crash etc) so it's better to buy legit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, I'm still not sure which card to get.

Right now I have:

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4600 2.40GHz

RAM : 2GB

HD: 180 GB

- NVIDIA Geforce 7050 / Nvidia nForce 630i ( 512 MB )

Current Display Mode : 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz) --- (19" LCD) (I will run the game on any resolution which is good, pls. tell me)

-- It is a Desktop PC (Fujitsu Siemens ESPRIMO P2520)

The graphic card is too bad I guess, since the game runs very very slow(like you can see the car, but not the road)

Pls. let me know that the specs are OK and which card should I get to run the game, (I havent got much cash in my pocket)

Which card should I get to run it on medium settings, and which one to run it on highest settings. THANKS

your cpu is OK, not the greatest but better than some ive seen posted here.

a good video card, well depends on your budget. I guess that your max resolution is 1280x1024...im also guessing that you have a PCI-E slot. Go with a ATi 4850, or if you wanna spend more, a nVidia GTX260.

THANKS ! but more choices would be perfect.

2GB RAM? Okay... processor; it's a dual-core so that's not bad but the operating frequency is shockingly slow, you'll probably be able to run it all on lowest settings and still get some lag.

hey i have

pentium duel core

2.80GHz, 256 mb RAM

XP sp2

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 series

can i run GTA IV

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...