Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

Oh I see, how to see is it original?

I think my previous disc is pirated one.

And where to buy?

umm any game shop around, or any department store. to tell if its pirated umm i dunno...the disc itself will look dodgy i guess

If you can buy via the internet then it'll be better; as for telling which is pirated, yeah, anything that looks shoddy (either the disk or packaging, with just scanned-up, inkjetted or copypasted graphics), or if the installer looks like a burned DVD-R (usually a silvery-purple recording surface), then it is pirated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, your forum was the first to pop up in Google on GTA IV compatibility, and you've got this lovely 60 page thread.

GTA IV is on sale at Steam, so I'm naturally quite eager to buy it. Not sure if my computer will run it though, I think it will, but I'm hoping someone here will be able to shed some light on how well, or their experiences with any of the parts I have.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom 8750 X3 2.4GHz

RAM: 4GB

Graphics: Geforce 9500GT 512MB

...and 2 harddrives with plenty of space. Mainly the graphics and CPU I'm curious about.

Hey guys, your forum was the first to pop up in Google on GTA IV compatibility, and you've got this lovely 60 page thread.

GTA IV is on sale at Steam, so I'm naturally quite eager to buy it. Not sure if my computer will run it though, I think it will, but I'm hoping someone here will be able to shed some light on how well, or their experiences with any of the parts I have.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom 8750 X3 2.4GHz

RAM: 4GB

Graphics: Geforce 9500GT 512MB

...and 2 harddrives with plenty of space. Mainly the graphics and CPU I'm curious about.

Probably on medium as far as your graphics card is concerned. Your system RAM and CPU is already adequate for the task.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you're looking for a laptop that can run GTA IV on at least minimum settings, I've tested an Acer Aspire 4740G with 2.3GHz Core i3, GeForce 310M, 2GB RAM (can probably be upgraded; Acer also offers i5 and i7 variants of the 4740), and I often get 25~45fps on medium, with the resolution set to 640x480, although there are some occasional lag spikes.

I just, and I mean JUST bought the recommended Quad core recommended, I think it was 2.3Ghz, the 9300? Anyway, it was $120 for that CPU locally. I have 2 GB ram, two 775 motherboards, and those were about $40 each.

I have a palit 8600 nVidia I believe is 512MB and haven't employed it just yet, either, glad to see I got the right group of hardware, but it's over $200 in all.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a guy over there asking if he can run it on his ol'school Commodore 64. I'm quite serious about it. I know maybe will work on my computer, i'm just asking how will do it.

My machine:

AMD Phenom II 965 X4 @3600mhz

RAM 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz

HD alot of space, obviously, SATA1 / SATA2 @7200rpm

Video (and here comes the question): XFX nVidia 9600 GT 1GB vRAM

I know my video card it's below the rest of the pc, but muy budget went a little over my head and i was forced to keep my old video card. My mainboard includes a "Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 GPU". I WILL buy a new ATI videocard, and WILL plug it with my 4200 through crossfire. But... RIGHT NOW i want to play. What do you say?

IX8O7.png

R5dTE.png

Will my PC run it ? Yeah, I know I already asked about it here. But I want to be sure. So I want it to be confirmed by someone else as well. Please ?

Sorry if I am disturbing anyone. Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by Alvas.

If you're really that desparate to find out, you could've just ran it.

You should be able to, but don't hold out high hopes for the video settings. Depends alot at what res you're planning to use, really.

I'm not "desparate", and i just can't install ir 'till I finish downloading the game. I didn't meant to disturb you, i should erase that "aaaanyone" comment.

You should be able to, but don't hold out high hopes for the video settings. Depends alot at what res you're planning to use, really.

I'm not "desparate", and i just can't install ir 'till I finish downloading the game. I didn't meant to disturb you, i should erase that "aaaanyone" comment.

Don't worry. You should most probably be able to run it. :)

for sure it'll run. not sure about res/settings. graphic quality will depend on your resolution mostly.

Will it run fine ? I mean without lag ? :huh:

Depends on what settings you use. You could have a brand new i7 and great videocard and it'll still lag if you tried to run it at 2560x1600 on everything maximum (probably).

What is the max resolution your monitor supports ? If you don't know, what size / type is your monitor (eg LCD 19" widescreen)

I don't want to run it on resolutions really high. I mean not something like 2560x1600.

Something like 1024x768(my desktop screen resolution) or 1280x720 pixels will be more than good for me.

Also, I don't have a LCD. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 793MB 17 inch CRT Monitor. I don't plan on changing it either, since it runs fine even now. :)

And by the max resolution my monitor supports. Do you mean the the max resolution I can use in Display Properties in Windows ? Then its 1280x1024 pixels.

Edited by Alvas.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry. You should most probably be able to run it. :)

I'm done, my brand-new Radeon HD5770 vaporX just arrived, so now it should be running fine. I changed a little bit my configuration: Still the same processor, AMD Phenom II 965 X4 @3600, 4GB 1333 DDR3 ram and regular 7200rpm sata drives.

I tried to open the game just after the driver instalation (after reboot) and the game just hangs in a black screen. I'm not even able to do alt+tab, nothing at all!

Anyone knows what this is about? Thanx!

Does it give you any error or something? Or does it just crash your pc ? It should at least run with that specs.

If you downloaded the game illegally over the internet, the game might be corrupt.

Besides, what Operating System(XP/Vista/7) are you using ? :yup:

Buy GTA 4...installed it .... cracked it...when i launch it

shows command prompt...then nothin comes..!!...please help me what 2 do..!!

pentium Dual Core

2.50 GHz

1 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3400 series

Edited by faiyaz