Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

U dont need Quad to play GTA IV max or just to run it fine...2 cores will do the job...but Intels CPUs are performing much better than AMD in this game...My i3 2.93 Ghz,2GB DDR3,and 6850 blows the game up...Max sets at 1920x1080...and lill O.C....smooth on abot 40 FPS...My brother hame i5 4 x 2.6 Ghz...same sets,same grafics...same avarage fps... B)

• 2 months later...

My current PC:

Intel Core i5-661 3.33 GHz (2 cores)

4GB DDR3 RAM

GeForce 9400GT 1GB

Windows 7 Ultimate 32b

GTA IV runs... well see for yourself:

-Low Resolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZfPVho78ck

-Decent Resolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqJ_YgtEnn8

I hope it's just the graphics card slowing me down, cause otherwise this system wasn't exactly cheap...

I'm planning on getting a GeForce 250 1GB, hopefully I'll get good graphics AND good frame rate.

EDIT: Just noticed that I recorded the 1st one without sound... great...

PS: I also use Game Booster and run maintenance (hardware and software) weekly. So this is pretty much as good as it can get on this PC.

Edited by TUN3R

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well, I wanted to run it but it always goes slow. Even with lowest graphics. Idk any NERDY CRAP so dont give me any of that. I want it simple.

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM

SERVICE PACK 1

RAM : 4.00

System Type : 64-bit

Model : HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Processor : Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6400 @2.00GHz 2.00GHz

Now, if I need a new computer, please tell me. I want to buy a DESKTOP THIS TIME.. And around 500-600. I dont care what it looks like or what it smells like or anything! I just want it to run fast and play GTAIV. I dont like upgrading my PC or any of that. Nothing like putting in new stuff. I hate that. Just send me a new computer link to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sirs and or Ma'ams, I'd like to ask if the ff: system specifications (of a computer that I will be procuring in the near future) will run GTA IV fine:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 445 3.1 GHZ (3 cores) 3x512 KB L2 Cache

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6750 1 GB GDDR5 http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6750/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6750-overview.aspx

RAM: 4 GB

Notes: My monitor's native resolution is only 1366x768. It's fine with me if the game doesn't have AA, and if at least 60 fps can be attained on medium settings.

• 2 months later...

Sirs and or Ma'ams, I'd like to ask if the ff: system specifications (of a computer that I will be procuring in the near future) will run GTA IV fine:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 445 3.1 GHZ (3 cores) 3x512 KB L2 Cache

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6750 1 GB GDDR5 http://www.amd.com/u...0-overview.aspx

RAM: 4 GB

Notes: My monitor's native resolution is only 1366x768. It's fine with me if the game doesn't have AA, and if at least 60 fps can be attained on medium settings.

'Tis bloody hard to attain 60fps on medium with a mid-range system. Most of the people I know who run IV were only able to do 40-45 on decent settings. Blame it on how R* Toronto ported that game.

The intel 2nd generation i3, i5 and i7 series processors are the only processors that can run Gta 4 nicely

i5 can't. I have one and it stutters like fuck after a few minutes. Also have a high end GPU and 4GB RAM, way more than it would need if it wasn't made by retards.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a problem here. -.-

So, tell me, I have 4 GB ram, Windows 7 SP1, AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.30 GHz, and ATI Radeon HD 5670 and GTA IV laggs like shit. I dont know what to do. I deleted most of my favorite games, so, please help me. ;)

Have you tried to turn off the frame limiter? If not turn it off and if problem still lasts then play the game in medium settings.

I'm going to outfit my Acer with a 945GM chipset from Intel to use MXM Express card graphics modules, both nVidia and ATI can then be used instead of GMA 950 graphics onboard, the XP 32 bit limits Ram to up to 4GB in all, but the Acer is said to support 4 to 8GB DDR2 Max, dating back to 2007

MXM and chipset is a match for the Hp Compaq Workstation series akin to wd9440 IIRC, a 17 inch LCD system notebook with MXM cards in all of them! A great upgrade path, but keep in mind, it's only MXM II series so it's limited. I can run a Core2Duo on this chipset at maximum 667Mhz bus, the T7600 CPU from Intel. Not the state of the art for modding GTA IV but possible the same specs needed for GTA V!

• 3 months later...

Well, I'm stuck.

I'm running an i7 2620QM Quad Core 8 Thread 2.2GHz (auto overclock to 3.1) GHz; 8GB RAM; NVidia GeForce 555 (2GB).

I had GTA4 installed on my old laptop which was about a quarter of the specs of that, and was just able to scratch off 10-15fps at minimum graphics. Well, I've got my new laptop now with the specs above, and the main thing going through my mind when I bought it was "hell these specs look good, I'll be able to play GTA with this!"

Installed, first I get that memory restriction issue where it tells me there's only 59MB of video memory. Now I've managed to work around that and put it up to 1.5GB even though it took me all night. I'm on a steady 6fps at minimum graphics and tearing my hair out! This is supposed to be a gaming computer! How come it can't run GTA on MINIMUM?!

I've opened up task manager alongside to check if there's anything else running taking up the speed, but the RAM's settled at about 3.5GB out of the available 8 and the 8 CPU threads never go above 40%.

Here's the interesting part however. The frame rate doesn't slow down any more when I increase the graphics settings.

It runs minimum graphics at 6fps, but it also runs very high graphics at 6fps. Wierd!

Suggestions?

Edited by XMaramena

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok fellas, I got mine setup after 2 plus hours of installs, all the GTAs to a PC with 500gb HDD, it's the Dell Optiplex GX620, Small Form Factor, that being it has two card slot expansion, one PCIe, one PCI

I wedged my silent EAH?! HD 5450 ATI in it because I lacked a working X1300, my only other card option, other then nVidia 8600GT, already using those in ATX desktops. Ultimately I find out that the ATI and the Dell's OEM Power Supply aka PSU, are not a good combo for Episodes from LC, it crashes soon after the cutscenes take over or into the game play BEFORE the first safehouse!!

BSOD on me twice!

I have 3GB of RAM in an XP OS system, if you look expressly at the Episodes box, it's an X1800 or something ATI for the basic card needed, with 256MB, I set all the graphics settings low after trying them around 10 to 15, or Low, Medium.

My 5450 has 1GB of VRam and still it crashed!!??

The PSU is only rated at 280watts, and I believe due to it being SFF, it's just underpowered when EfLC is so demanding. Reason being is that GTA IV actually runs on this computer without any hassle, so I wish it was optimized, they mucked it up going from 4 to Episodes!

Works on this guy's platform, I'll ask him about any problems, what PSU he has;

[media=]

[/media]

Sales video, skip to the end to see it unwrapped and setup ^

^^^ For those with gaming laptops or desktops, GTA IV should work with higher settings, but I don't know what NASA computer you need for Ballad of Gay Tony, it seems that my plan for a 16GB DDR2 with one Gfx card, Core2Quad or something, still might run into snags, but the power supply is likely a main consideration along with powering the card

Also want to use a fast HDD and ODD, as well as leave off as much software as possible, run the bare minimum AntiVirus if online GfWLive

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the thing that's truly baffling, No one I have seen doing credible PC benchmarks even mentions GTA or uses GTA to test laptops and PCs, I tend to hope it will run under listed specs, but one thing people forget is perhaps, STREAM PROCESSORS when buying GPUs, and the memory INTERFACE width, for better data processing, you start at 64bits, way back when, then 128 bits, to 256bit memory interface, and if you're lucky, an affordable card increasing from there, I don't know too many of those.

Stream processors are also rather low for buyers on a budget, but I think you'll see tangible results from GTA if you can watch for these attributes. Also start with everything low if you're not sure. It has an AUTO mode to adjust to what it "sees", but I don't trust it to set up the game automatically to the hardware

Isn't it true that Rockstar Toronto are working on making the PC version better?

Also, it's always described as a port, but I recently read that RAGE is supposed to aid development on cross platform, Xbox, PS3, AND PC... Again, just what I remember in my info searches, I do believe they're looking at feedback from users to try and message the system, for next gen consoles, again this should improve

I also would mention that the games are built before the latest and greatest PC stuff comes to market, since it's far more frequent then every 5 to 10 years where a game is made, and so far, we have one RAGE Euphoria build for this gen of consoles, but in that same space of time, we've gone from single core Hyper Threading, single core 64bit AMD to what is the 3rd generation Nehalem and Bulldozer AMD, etc. You get me, even the GPU generations changing in more rapid fashion. The PC build SHOULD work, bottom line!

To edit where I can't, my last post about the Acer 4710, my GAMING laptop when setup with an MXM motherboard, it will only run 4GB max, my plan is to replace a memory module with 2GB, and leave a 1GB in the other slot, so XP OS will still run, and it's STILL allowed by MS online with updates for about a year or two more.

I was looking at CPU upgrades as I do for all optional items, and it cross referenced an Alienware laptop using SLi, two MXM graphics cards and the 945PM chipset, slightly different then my 945GM, but using the same CPU, Same DDR2 RAM, but two MXM in SLi means twice as much GPU power to harness, if I move to that platform, it would cost about as much as one or two top of the line MXM cards! Something to think about! hahaha

(example, a T7600 CPU is $100 on the used market, a top 512MB vRam MXM is $200 asking on the 'bay/used market)

Edited by BlackListedB

I'm having a lot of trouble running GTA IV on my "business level" vaio laptop here are the specifics:

It is extremely slow, takes about 30 minutes to load the game. Most of the time, I get no graphics at all.

And despite have 1.7GB of video memory GTA IV is insistant that I only have 170mb. I have a quad core intel i3 and 4GB of DDR-3 Ram.

eSQJ4j3.png

6Vz5GYQb1.png

Edited by DBUG