CPU

You Have: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+ PASS

CPU Speed

You Have: 2.20 GHz Performance Rated at 3.70 GHz PASS

System RAM (RAM)

You Have: 510 MB .

Operating System

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional

You Have: RADEON X300 Series (ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x5B60))

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 256 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

could my pc run gta 4 guys please help

anyone think i can pull off low settings? i can play Crysis on 1024x768 (my native) on medium at great fps

Windows XP Professional SP2

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.80GHz 800FSB 512k

1024MB DDR PC3200 Crucial Dual Channel

BFG Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 AGP8x

SoundMax Digital Audio

80GB 7200RPM HDD

Crysis on medium with good fps? I really doubt it but you should be able to play GTA IV on low.

Can My Computer be able to run it ? BTW Here are my specs :

Windows XP SP2

Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00 ghz

1 GB Of Ram

Nvidia Geforce 6200 - 256 mega bytes of graphics memory

Can it ?

No, you will need to up your graphics and CPU.

CPU

You Have: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+ PASS

CPU Speed

You Have: 2.20 GHz Performance Rated at 3.70 GHz PASS

System RAM (RAM)

You Have: 510 MB .

Operating System

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional

You Have: RADEON X300 Series (ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x5B60))

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 256 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

could my pc run gta 4 guys please help

You've got low ram, bad CPU and i doubt your graphics card can handle low settings.

will mine be able to run IV?

1.73 dual core

2GB Ram

Vista

160GB HDD

its a laptop...

Graphics? Judging by your CPU i doubt the graphics card would be any better.

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor(2.4GHz,8MB Cache,1066MHz)

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit - English

ASUS P5N-MX Nvidia Geforce7050 Mainboard - Intel Core™ 2 Duo/Quad Core MATX

4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (2x 2GB)

500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer

Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM

512MB nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT - DVI, HDTV, TV-Out

20.1" Widescreen LCD TFT Display with internal speakers - Analogue

Hmm, Well, this is a more in-depth view of my whole system. I will be upgrading my GFX in Xmas, but will it run at medium-low settings? That's all I want to know. Plus, I've bought it today, so yay for me, and I'm gonna be saying goodbye to my shitty system which can't even run GTA3!

That 9500 GT is fayul. Rest is pretty kewl. And case? Never go for no name brands. What's your PSU wattage? If you're going to upgrade your GFX card, you're going to need a power supply that will suffice. Last question, I swear. :P How much did it cost you?

A. What does the case have to do with system settings, besides air-flow and fan mounting?

B. Why does name brand of casing really matter?

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor(2.4GHz,8MB Cache,1066MHz)

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit - English

ASUS P5N-MX Nvidia Geforce7050 Mainboard - Intel Core™ 2 Duo/Quad Core MATX

4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (2x 2GB)

500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer

Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM

512MB nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT - DVI, HDTV, TV-Out

20.1" Widescreen LCD TFT Display with internal speakers - Analogue

Hmm, Well, this is a more in-depth view of my whole system. I will be upgrading my GFX in Xmas, but will it run at medium-low settings? That's all I want to know. Plus, I've bought it today, so yay for me, and I'm gonna be saying goodbye to my shitty system which can't even run GTA3!

You should be able to pretty much max out the game with a better Vid card, Although I dont know much about the 9500gt but my old card was a 9600gt and ran anything I threw at it. Nice system though! :thumbsup:

A. Some cases are built with sharp edges so when he's upgrading his card, he might get cut or something.

B. It doesn't. I was saying that he just shouldn't go for a crappy no name case as a few of them tend to not be built as well as (say, Coolermaster cases which are probably built by hungry kids in Taiwan).

Er, it only costed me like £577 (Including VAT), pretty decent price for a system like this. I will hopefully earn some money to buy me a GFX Card. Well, since pretty much nobody answered my question; "Will I be able to run GTA IV at medium or low settings?".

Oh and Don, the tower is the MESH Mini-Tower Micro ATX Case. My computer is a custom built PC from Mesh (Well Comet to be exact :P).

Er, it only costed me like £577 (Including VAT), pretty decent price for a system like this. I will hopefully earn some money to buy me a GFX Card. Well, since pretty much nobody answered my question; "Will I be able to run GTA IV at medium or low settings?".

Oh and Don, the tower is the MESH Mini-Tower Micro ATX Case. My computer is a custom built PC from Mesh (Well Comet to be exact :P).

LOL I thought I did answer you LOL :lolbounce:

@Slyde, no no no, i didnt mean excellent FPS, i meant for my low specs it runs very well. i usually play it in 800x600 at medium and get a near 30fps all the time, bout 25fps in 1024x768..

but thanks for the response, any idea if GTAIV will run "good" on low? or just play, but very slowly?

I'm planning to buy an Nvidia 8600GT for my PC, as well as another stick of RAM. Will a 1.8Ghz Pentium Dual Core take it, even on low?

I would say Prolly on low but it may be nasty. I would buy a 9600gt over a 8600gt though. Cause I have two other pc's equiped with one a 8600gt and the other a 9600gt and the 9600gt blows the 8600gt right out of the water and is now pretty cheap, in fact my older 7800gt spanked the 8600gt with less memory. I think that CPU is really pushing it as it is so consider a decent GPU I would say if you want to play the game at decent fps.

@Slyde, no no no, i didnt mean excellent FPS, i meant for my low specs it runs very well. i usually play it in 800x600 at medium and get a near 30fps all the time, bout 25fps in 1024x768..

but thanks for the response, any idea if GTAIV will run "good" on low? or just play, but very slowly?

I'm really not sure, you're gonna have to wait and see.

in fact my older 7800gt spanked the 8600gt with less memory

Yeah, i own a 8500 GT and i'd really recommend not going for the 8 Series. Some reviews have suggested that the 6800 is equal to the 8500 GT. So yeah i am really disappointed with it :thumbsdown:

You mean the 8300, 8400, 8500 and 8600 ones. The 8800's are still good. (Most)

how will a Nvidia/PNY Quadro FX 4500 512MB GDDR3

im getting offered one for £200 from a friend cuz hes got it and wants to get rid of it as his CPU failed, SCORE!!! :D

but as im only 15 i have to stop spending soo much money, even tho i earn it :(,

how will that card handle IV?

Edited by claude-5

if u already have a 9600GT why would you even waste money on a Quadro? no one here is lying to you, the Quadro series is NOT a gaming card and isnt ever planned to be. that would be a huge downgrade. HUGE.

i tried an 8600GT in my pc but it was no better than my 6800GT, mainly cuz my PCI-e slot is only 4x, so ofcourse my 8x AGP 6800GT would win.

ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe BIOS 1010 mobo

Athlon 64 3500 2.38 GHz Performance Rated at 3.50 GHz

Vista

2 GB DDR dual channel ram

6800 GT PCI-EX 256 DDR3

DX10

2 120 GB hard drives

DVD+RW drive

That is my specs right now and it passes Crysis minimum requirements (PC requirements benchmark) so it should pass minimum for GTA4

There will be no changes to CPU, HD and memory, only get a DVD DL drive

As for the video card Right now i have a 7950 GT 512 DDR3 won at EBay for 55 dollars waiting for me so that'll be an upgrade. I wonder if it'll be enough, if not i don't know if i can get a 9600 due to being a 3.5 year old mobo and 3 year old BIOS

as long as the board is PCI-e x16 than the 9600GT should work for you. i too have an older ASUS board with a nearly 3 year old BIOS, the P4V800D-X to be exact. seems ASUS stops updating BIOSs for boards once they are a year or more old.

but i would say u can play the game on low to medium, may be jerky with that 7950 (not dissing it, it just prolly wont perform the best with IV). consider the BFG 9600GT, very good card. i have to say that any computer that can run Crysis on low at 15-30fps should pull of GTA IV on low. keep in mind Crysis was very poorly coded, and R* usually codes their PC games very well. for example, San Andreas ran fine for me on a Geforce2 GTS 64mb (1024x768, medium settings).

im sure it will be a big surprise to everyone when that game (IV) will run on systems with lower specs..

and where the hell are they with the Minimum reqs?! shouldnt be too much longer, my guess is sometime after the 1st.