Sign in to follow this  
Butters!

Liberty City ... Again?

In GTA IV, you return to Liberty City, which is okay because it has loads of updates and it is Rockstars Main GTA City. But this is the 4th time they have used it! Why not go back to Vice City or San Andreas because Liberty City is kinda getting boring. Post your views below

I don't think I have much say in this considering I haven't played the game but yeah, it would be nice to introduce a new location or revisit something else besides Liberty City but just because we've played in this area before doesn't not make it a good game.

Personally I don't care where R* locates their games, I just love playing them. The location doesn't have much an affect on me....

Edited by Nate14

I was counting: GTA 1, GTA 3, GTA Liberty City Stories and GTA 4

I was just thinking it was getting repetative and it would be nice to go back to Vice City or San Andreas.

(GTA 2 is apparently set in a place called Anywhere City...How Creative...)

It isn't even liberty city, it's completely different from the three separate islands of staunton, portland, and shoreside. It's a completely new city with the same name.

Really it could be called New York more than Liberty.

Edited by Shortbus

Sometimes I don't understand some people. Its a new city, looks nothing like the old Liberty City. Just because Rockstar Games named it Liberty City, people complain. I bet you anything if they named it something else, there would be way less people complaining. Its just a name, nothing more but I do agree that they have used the name Liberty City one too many times tho.

It's the 5th time actually

GTA1

GTA3

GTA Advance

GTA LCS

GTA IV

GTA2 wasn't set anywhere in particular so was just referred to as Anywhere City.

I'm one of the people hoping GTA V == Miami (a revamp of Vice City - similar to how GTA IV's LC was revamped)

Yea I hate to repeat what everyone else said but I have unlocked all 3 islands in GTA IV and so far I can't say I have seen somtihng that even resembles the Liberty City in GTA 3. You people just need to enjoy the game for what it is and all the detail it has instead of picking one tihng and focusing on it.

[OFF TOPIC ] I'm pretty sure the next thing I'm gonna see a rant about is how you can't fly an airplane and how this ruins the game? [/ OFF TOPIC]

the ? is why new york? i am getting quite sick of it,

TC: NYC

Driver: PL

The Warriors

Spider-Man

50 Cent BP

The Godfather

so, yeah im bored of seeing it, so why R*, they did a good job on IV, doen new york better than any of the listed games

:thumbsup: