Worst 'classic' Cover

So, ITT you post a classic song (one that is good, memorable, etc.) and then post which band killed it most. Youtube links requested so we can all experience the fail. Reason i say classics, is that they tend to be covered most. So yah.

I shall being with Girls Aloud Destroying the Wheatus Classic: Teenage Dirtbag.

It ain't a classic, but it's a good song anyway. Well, it WAS a good song until Jamelia covered it. Here she is, murdering Linkin Park's "Numb". Way to rape my favorite song.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• 2 weeks later...

I think i could train a group of seriously malnourished monkies to perform that better... The guitar, and instrumentals were ok... then when she started 'singing', i just closed the window and faceplanted my keyboard in disgust.

Edit: She sounds like she's sitting on an old tumble dryer... like, she's being violently shaken.

@Misho/DH ... looked that up on youtube... oh dear...

I think i could train a group of seriously malnourished monkies to perform that better... The guitar, and instrumentals were ok... then when she started 'singing', i just closed the window and faceplanted my keyboard in disgust.

Edit: She sounds like she's sitting on an old tumble dryer... like, she's being violently shaken.

lol, yeah, I don't know what happened. She's usually an amazing singer, but she just destroyed that song.

Check out the acoustic version of "Fully Alive". Her voice is awesome.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

• 2 weeks later...

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Personally, I think Bloc Party is pretty good. I also think The Streets are alright, but when I heard The Streets remix/cover of Bloc Party's 'Banquet' I sighed. The whole song is pretty much bad, and when the chorus hits I said, "holy shit is this bad."

Edited by Nate14

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, those are some pretty shitty covers.....

Can't think of any covers at the moment.... However, I have heard a few covers that go from two entirely different genres and blow major cock.

Just thought of one((had another, but forgot it already)). Die Toten Hosen covered I Am The Walrus by the Beatles. Epic fail.