Anybody have moded or orignal VC gta.img,default.ide & all that file.

Tommy_jones

HI all

I've moded many cars in GTA-Vice City,but now my game wont start...,it loads & some'Unhandled exeptation' type error comes, & other thing is i've lost my backup .img & all that files..

:innocent: So, anybody has moded or orignal gta.img, defult.ide, handling.cfg....... etc files

Plz Help me out

Edited by Tommy_jones

Every time I had an "Unhandled Exception" it was from one of the models I installed & removing it fixed the problem.

The IMG files are huge compared to the DATA files like .IDE, .DAT & .CFG.

Your best bet is to re-install the original from your disc & back it up before you install any mods. Once you start modding,

only install one mod at a time & test it by putting the car to be changed in a garage. Save, change the model & reload the

game to test the new car that's now in your garage. Drive it around the city a bit & if you like it back up GTA3.IMG & any

DATA files you edited for the car. If not just copy the backup files back over the modded files. This will also tell you which

cars/models are causing the unhandled exception.

Don't feel bad, you're not the first & won't be the last to make that mistake.

Yeah good idea, lol always backup. And the one mod at a time is always good. Make sure you put Dmagic Wheelmod (i forgot that once and didnt know wtf was wrong, kept crashing). One thing I do is make a copy of the ENTIRE vice city folder after you install, so you dont have to have the disc all the time, just copy the old folder to the new one and overwrite.

• 1 month later...

:pissedred: Hey Y Did u put many moddings

If U are putting Many moddings Put it With Vicecity Modding Mananger (VCMM)

>.< I Have IT But It is better You Re Install

VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMM VCMMmmmmmmmm eheehehehehehe :wub:

:rofl2::spam:

Edited by JVT