skate 2

Harwood Butcher

skate 2 is heading to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 some time in March of 2009. The first skate game released for the next gen consoles, in my opinion, was a good attempt but lacked a lot. Although, this time the creators added more features that will allow players to do a number of different things that players couldn't do in the previous game. These features include being able to get off their skateboard, move a number of objects around the map to create new lines and they have also improved the tricks that players could do.

Here is one of the skate 2 trailers.

I didn't really like the way Skate played. Though I have to say it is definitely an innovated game, just don't enjoy it.

I've got to agree with you on this one. Skate wasn't that much fun to play for me. Personally, I want a tony hawk game with Skate's graphics.

Never the less I'm looking forwardto playing this...... On a friends 360 or PS3...... >.<

I read about this in a magazine, REAL hyped up for it. You can do stalls, finger flips, inverts etc and the idea of moving stuff around sounds great. I absolutely loved the first game and I can't wait for this one.

Bit of a weird story though...

What did you like about the first one? It got very repetitive.

How did it get repetitive? There was so much to do, so many lines to try out, filming new sequences etc. I use to play that game all the time just finding new lines or saying "Hey look! I could 360 flip of that ledge land into a manual on the wall then shuv-it out".

I read about this in a magazine, REAL hyped up for it. You can do stalls, finger flips, inverts etc and the idea of moving stuff around sounds great. I absolutely loved the first game and I can't wait for this one.

Bit of a weird story though...

What did you like about the first one? It got very repetitive.

How did it get repetitive? There was so much to do, so many lines to try out, filming new sequences etc. I use to play that game all the time just finding new lines or saying "Hey look! I could 360 flip of that ledge land into a manual on the wall then shuv-it out".

Yeah, I skated pretty much everything in that game and it all got boring. Although, I've been really wanting to play it lately ever since my PS3 messed up. I'm just playing the demo now.

• 4 months later...

Well Skate 2 will be released next week and I'm still finding out about new features.

Here are some of the main ones I'm looking forward to.

• Getting off the board
  • Moving objects to create new lines
  • Double the tricks
  • Ability to purchase properties(If I didn't hear that wrong)
  • Overall customization improvement

Has anyone heard about any new features in Skate 2?

Honestly, I don't like this game. It's just the shitty camera angles, annoying controls and the game plays slowly (not framerate, in terms of gameplay) that ruined it for me. Customisation is great though. Wide selection of clothes and boards ftw.

EDIT: I decided to give this game another try. When I got past the ollie in the beginning it started to get more fun. It's actually kinda cool, but does anyone know how to do a grind? :P

Edited by GTA Don

Honestly, I don't like this game. It's just the shitty camera angles, annoying controls and the game plays slowly (not framerate, in terms of gameplay) that ruined it for me. Customisation is great though. Wide selection of clothes and boards ftw.

EDIT: I decided to give this game another try. When I got past the ollie in the beginning it started to get more fun. It's actually kinda cool, but does anyone know how to do a grind? :P

Just ollie onto a rail, depending on the angle that you land at or what pitch your board is will depend on the type of grind you do. Just like in real life, I think it's great. Doesn't it say in the tutorial how to grind though? You get used to the controls, I did. The camera angle works very well with Skate, I'd hate a 3rd person view camera on it.

I decided to give this game another try. When I got past the ollie in the beginning it started to get more fun. It's actually kinda cool, but does anyone know how to do a grind? :P

Skate and Skate 2 are designed to be realistic skateboarding games. You have to actually think about how you would do certain moves in real life to do them in Skate or Skate 2...for the most part. The way the game is set up, especially this time around, there are almost endless possibilities.

Believe me, when I first tried out the Skate demo, I hated it. The more I played it though, the more I got used to the controls. Some of the new controls in Skate 2 are sort of bringing back some of control set from the Tony Hawk games in my mind, which is causing me to some times try and ollie by pressing the X button(PS3). Other than that, it's awesome.

Not totally sure what you're asking.

I'm just saying, for me, if you do anything in that game it looks really bad.

Whenever you do a trick in the game, such as a kickflip, it tells you which move you just did.

I misread your post before, you said heelflip instead of kickflip.

You pretty much answered my question anyways.

What do you mean it looks bad? That the characters don't do perfect tricks?