- ICT: Coursework Projects 1a/1b - B

Additional Science - D

D&T: Resistant Materials - E

English - C

Mathematics - E

Religious Studies - C

Science - D

LPDP (Leicestershire Personal Development Programme) - 2 B's

Only did shit in 2 subjects which really don't relate to my future, except maths though, gonna retake that. Other than that, my parents were proud along with myself, so I enrolled into my college and they accepted me. (:

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing GCSE is only available in England. I mean, there are others that are similar to GCSE, but they're probably less advance or more advanced certificates. GCSE is basically an examination you take before you finish school off, well for me, year 11 was my last year so pretty much everyone in year 11 had to do it at that time. Coursework was also part of GCSE, which would buff up your grades if you got really good marks.

And no, this is only in England, I don't think something like that would be in other countries. Something similar to it could be.

Over here we have MEAP testing up to the 9th grade then after you graduate the 12th grade you must pay to go to college. I plan to just finish with a high school education. I can always go to college later on loans and grants if I really want to but I don't have any major job goals in my future.

Edited by ToonSkull

One of the problems with my GCSES was how few subjects I had them for.. while I only had about five, some people had as many as seventeen.

It depends really on what opportunities they've been given. I mean, my friends done a small course called "Key Skills", and he later ended up with 2 B's on results day. I would've done that, but it was picked out by random. Plus, from what I've heard, back in the day, not everyone got enough GCSE's.

But really, why did you do 5 GCSE's? Did you like, mess about? It reminds me of this real immature and argumentative kid that was in my school, he only had a GCSE in English.

• 4 weeks later...

Your targets look good but dont believe your targets are the maximum grade you can get. Targets are fairly inaccurate most of the times as (if your school is like mine) the school just get your grades and compare it with other students who got the same grade and see what that got and average it out, doesn't prove much. Teacher grades are sometimes unreliable too.

Mocks aren't really important, but if you're new to exams, then this will be your first. And don't be worried, the reason they have mocks is so that you, the student will get use to the exam atmosphere. So try your best their, I'd say. I've been through the same thing as well, and to tell you the truth, it won't be getting easy. But just have a positive spirit and you'll definitely do well.

Plus when I did my mock, I got some really shitty results, but it didn't stop me from getting some really outstanding grades, in fact I got 3 B's! That's like ftw. And they predicted me in most of my subjects E's and D's. Well, that's when I sort of got my ass up and started revising. :P I guess it was all worth it.

For most of you guys though who are doing GCSE, just revise, that's all I got to say.

Well I'm home educated and desperately what sort of questions are gunna be in the test :P So that I can learn em quickly. Not worried much though... I always used to breeze through SATS and hardly even cared about them anyway. I also used to finish 20 mins earlier then everyone else and get told off for it >.> Plus I usually learn a weeks worth of maths in an hour so I have alot of time on my hands :)

Got my GCSE mock exams in a couple of months, really hope I do well on them so I can feel positive when it comes to the real thing. Only problem is; I can't stand revising, it just bores me out so much. Anyone here got any tips how to have fun whilst revising?

I could make a GTA mod that teaches you? :P

Just do it with a posotive mind and just make fun out of it :P That's the way I do it.

Well, looking at book doesn't mean revision at all.

Some people actually find reading a book good, but some people hate it alot. I suggest you use interactive websites like BBC Bitesize or anything GCSE related to help you study. It kind of helped me out alot. For subjects like French and Maths, you should ask your teachers to give you past exam papers, so you can attempt them and see your own score, so then you can revise on that bit until you get it right. When I did my French Mock, I got a C and E, but that was only for two parts, the others I can't remember. Now I got C's in pretty much all of them.

For English, just write up your own articles on whatever you want, in essay form. Plus your English teacher can give you past exam papers too.