• Stevie Ray Vaughan
    • Angus Young
    • Ace Frehley
    • Jimmy Page
    • Kirk Hammet
    • Slash
    • Tom Morello

Jeez. THese names I see here.

Must all "great" guitarrists be a thousand notes a second solo playing dickless turds? Seriously, people should pay attention to the riffs of the songs, and the cdonstruction of the solos. Who cares is some wanker can play 3424234234 notes seconds if the solo sounds like a mad man mumbling?

Out of that list, I'd pick Hendrix. He made great music, and was a great player. my fave guitarrists however are Josh Homme (this guy constructs songs really well) and Nick Valensi, I dunno, nothing unique, but he's good, the solos are pretty garage rock I'd day- simple stuff, but sounds so good.

Eh. I do like metal btw :P

This post was utter shit.

Jerry Garcia is pretty good,

Edited by Dirty Harry

I put slash cuz hes a rock god on his gibson, its cuz of him that i want to learn how to play guitar plus hes lead in my favorite band Gn'R!

I find Slash a bit over rated. GnR are pretty great though!!

Josh Homme has become quite a guitar god for me, his views on playing guitar really interest me. Apparently. when he learns or comes up with a riff he always plays it backwards. Thats a pretty interesting perspective. He also says theres too much soloing, he says "just jerk off before a show, maybe thee will be less solos". He doesn't deserve being on the list though. (even though his work is much more interesting than some of the artists here {in my opinion, of course your will be different]

I voted Jimi Hendrix because he invented a lot of what we (still) hear today. Stevie Ray Vaughn was one of the few that

can accurately play like Jimi & did proper covers of several + was talented enough to stand on his own merit. Hard choice.

FACT: The day "Strawberry Fields" by the Beatles was released (approx 2 PM) Jimi learned & put his own touches on by

that night, when he performed it at the Batcave for the Beatles, Clapton & others. But Jimi Hendrix couldn't tune his own

guitar, he constantly got Eric Clapton to tune it for him.

Both bits courtesy of an interview w/ Eric Clapton, circa late '80s.

Where's Satriani though? Unless you're not going off the technical ability?
Dude, Vai isn't there.

I noticed that too, they just would have made the choice harder. Same for Eric Johnston & Yngwie Malmsteem.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Jeez. THese names I see here.

Must all "great" guitarrists be a thousand notes a second solo playing dickless turds? Seriously, people should pay attention to the riffs of the songs, and the cdonstruction of the solos. Who cares is some wanker can play 3424234234 notes seconds if the solo sounds like a mad man mumbling?

Out of that list, I'd pick Hendrix. He made great music, and was a great player. my fave guitarrists however are Josh Homme (this guy constructs songs really well) and Nick Valensi, I dunno, nothing unique, but he's good, the solos are pretty garage rock I'd day- simple stuff, but sounds so good.

Eh. I do like metal btw :P

This post was utter shit.

Jerry Garcia is pretty good,

Exactly, I was just thinking about that the other way, makes me remember about dragon force and their insanely fast and long solo in fire and flames, that song sucks, they suck. Also makes me remember about that song you were talking about, clear skies, doesn't have a complicated solo but it is awesome, way better than fire and flames. Anyway, I pick Hendrix :)

I voted Jimi Hendrix because he invented a lot of what we (still) hear today. Stevie Ray Vaughn was one of the few that

can accurately play like Jimi & did proper covers of several + was talented enough to stand on his own merit. Hard choice.

FACT: The day "Strawberry Fields" by the Beatles was released (approx 2 PM) Jimi learned & put his own touches on by

that night, when he performed it at the Batcave for the Beatles, Clapton & others. But Jimi Hendrix couldn't tune his own

guitar, he constantly got Eric Clapton to tune it for him.

Both bits courtesy of an interview w/ Eric Clapton, circa late '80s.

Where's Satriani though? Unless you're not going off the technical ability?
Dude, Vai isn't there.

I noticed that too, they just would have made the choice harder. Same for Eric Johnston & Yngwie Malmsteem.

Eric Clapton, that's who I meant. Thank god someone else knows who him and Yngwie are :P It's a definite tie between the two for me. But Stevie Ray Vai is pretty intense.

Steve Vai, handled guitar work for David Lee Roth on his first solo. You can hear the track "Yankee Rose" in Vice City

on V-ROCK doing the talking guitar part. He also worked w/ Frank Zappa before his stint w/ DLR. Pick up "Ultra Zone"

to hear more, definitely worth the money.

Maybe someday genetic science will give us Stevie Ray Vai.