WIP: Tenpenny Stories

JAB HacksouL

Ok as I promised here are some screen shots of my WIP. The CJ model is still in there but this is the first mission prior to CJ debarking at the airport. In my opening cutscene Officer Pendelbury tells IA he suspects Tenpenny of manipulating gang activities for profit. Tenpenny hears this and must kill Pendelbury before he can get to the airport to pick up someone who can blow C.R.A.S.H. wide open.

Click the thumb to see the screenshots.

ovrxfjyxmd.thumb160.jpg exfxdcqizl.thumb160.jpg vqfabhkuzu.thumb160.jpg dbidqprkcq.thumb160.jpg

hvcsptvgny.thumb160.jpg yzkynbhwfv.thumb160.jpg zoblscqqtw.thumb160.jpg gcbjkyqcgo.thumb160.jpg

Afterwards you will see the usual cut with CJ being accused of shooting Pendelbury. My brother and I don't plan to remake any models. We plan to keep most of it simple to editing the MAIN.SCM, American.gtx, and adding some audio. My brother is writing the dialog up and I am working on the coding. We hope to have something new for people to play in the months ahead.

JAB B)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.

Looks and sounds cool.

Just change CJ's skin to Officer Tenpenny, and your done. :P

But, why drive Big Smoke to the airport? :blink:

Smoke doesn't work with the Police.

Yes, Sky is correct I am using the "Running Dog" mission as the base for my coding. The first thing I did was make the game start at mission 28 "Running Dog" instead of the airport. That part was simple enough but then I had to change Big Smoke's Glendale into a cop car. The first time I tried the game crashed because the script language is very hard to follow. Finally when I got it placed and rotated and changed into a cop car it was BABY BLUE!! :bashhead: But that was an easy fix I just commented out the car color in the script. The instead of loading 'SMOKE' for the mission it loads the 'PULASKI' model. I am wondering if there is a better way to turn CJ into Tenpenny than messing with the image files. I am sure there is a script for it somewhere. So the reason that reads "Drive Big Smoke to the meet." is I have edited that part of the GTX (subtitles file).

My brother is working on putting together some rather famous Samuel L Jackson lines. :huh:

maybee at the end of the mission you could do one of those bits were the person is just alive, and you see through thier eyes, looking at Tenpenny(Like in Cleaning the hood)

and pulaski says lets finish this prick off, but tenpenny says wait pulaski, I think we'll leave it for the new kid to do later, and the put Pendellberry in the trunk of thier car

maybee at the end of the mission you could do one of those bits were the person is just alive, and you see through thier eyes, looking at Tenpenny(Like in Cleaning the hood)

and pulaski says lets finish this prick off, but tenpenny says wait pulaski, I think we'll leave it for the new kid to do later, and the put Pendellberry in the trunk of thier car

Thanks Butters! but that wouldn't quite work since as they leave CJ in the alley near the bike they get the radio call that Pendelbury is down. So he couldn't be in the trunk. But my brother has a real cool ending I think we will use that point of view you suggested or at least try (make sure you get credit). You're going to love what Tenpenny says though. I hope to have mission one done by the weekend and available as both a beta test and preview to download from my page. Once we get all the missions at 100% we would both be proud to see it in the Database here. I don't know exactly how many missions we plan to mod but we know there will be missions that crisscross as CJ is given marching orders. My brother (aka Toonskull) loves zombies and wants to make some kind of a zombie mission with the Zombotech Building I keep telling him it is not Resident Evil. :rolleyes: If he can make it stay within the storyline I guess I won't mind it too much. I just don't want the missions getting too goofy. Missions that won't change are things like buying street clothes, betting and playing pool. One thing we were discussing today is how to deal with the wanted level. We were thinking that it would be logical that gangs get more violent toward you as the stars increase. I toyed with the idea that the stars could indicate civil unrest. Suggestions are always welcome, if we decide to use even part of your idea, we will give you the credit. I prefer cash myself but I don't work for R*. <_<

JAB B)

Thanks Butters! but that wouldn't quite work since as they leave CJ in the alley near the bike they get the radio call that Pendelbury is down. So he couldn't be in the trunk. But my brother has a real cool ending I think we will use that point of view you suggested or at least try (make sure you get credit). You're going to love what Tenpenny says though. I hope to have mission one done by the weekend and available as both a beta test and preview to download from my page. Once we get all the missions at 100% we would both be proud to see it in the Database here. I don't know exactly how many missions we plan to mod but we know there will be missions that crisscross as CJ is given marching orders. My brother (aka Toonskull) loves zombies and wants to make some kind of a zombie mission with the Zombotech Building I keep telling him it is not Resident Evil. :rolleyes: If he can make it stay within the storyline I guess I won't mind it too much. I just don't want the missions getting too goofy. Missions that won't change are things like buying street clothes, betting and playing pool. One thing we were discussing today is how to deal with the wanted level. We were thinking that it would be logical that gangs get more violent toward you as the stars increase. I toyed with the idea that the stars could indicate civil unrest. Suggestions are always welcome, if we decide to use even part of your idea, we will give you the credit. I prefer cash myself but I don't work for R*. <_<

JAB B)

If you watch the GTA SA: The Introduction (on youtube), you see that Hernandez just joins crash about a day or two before CJ arrives and they pressure Hernandez into killing Pendelberry and i think tennpenny says "right lets get out of here befre someone finds him", so i meant the new guy refering to Hernandez. It sounds like its shaping out to be working well :clapping::clapping::clapping: . And I think that the Zombotech Building mission might just work as long as you don't end with a ridicules sttory line where you end up parachuting out of the top window before the building explodes, and then for some eason there are zombies everywhere :whistle:

Edited by Butters!

If you watch the GTA SA: The Introduction (on youtube), you see that Hernandez just joins crash about a day or two before CJ arrives and they pressure Hernandez into killing Pendelberry and i think tennpenny says "right lets get out of here befre someone finds him", so i meant the new guy refering to Hernandez. It sounds like its shaping out to be working well :clapping::clapping::clapping: . And I think that the Zombotech Building mission might just work as long as you don't end with a ridicules sttory line where you end up parachuting out of the top window before the building explodes, and then for some eason there are zombies everywhere :whistle:

Yeah we have a "work around" on the Hernandez into killing Pendelbury scene. I don't want to spoil this so read the spoiler at your own risk:

After Pendelbury is shot by Hernandez, Pulaski says he is still moving and we can hear Pendelbury gasp his last words and the Tenpenny delivers the kill shot and another one of those famous Samuel L Jackson one liners.

We are not trying to re-imagine anything just make some crap up about what the hell Tenpenny was up to while we had some pretty lame missions going from point A to Z. The only mission we plan to change is the last where you drive the fire truck and try to kill CJ and Sweet.

My brother Vinny (aka Toonskull) has allowed me to tell you the Zombotech mission will be a Mike Toreno mission. And ALL zombies will be kept inside the building. :gappy: I have to get back to my code and Toonskull is really working hard on that audio. I just needed to pop on the net and look for code I need.

JAB B)

You been busy!

For the player, what about the police outfit you earn from GF Barbara? Then all you would need is SLJ's head to replace

CJ's. When you want to go in civilian clothes you just change out if it in your wardrobe. Police missions would put the

outfit on automatically similar to putting on the white shorts for mountain bike races.

Polaski was voiced by Chris Penn & he sounds a lot like his brother, Sean. It would mean watching a few movies but if

you can record soundbites you could add to to his dialog (I presume you're not doing this for money). Give the new bits

their own file names, put them in the right folder, convert to the right format (OGG?) & call them from the script as needed.

If you want a beta tester, PM me.

Hello since Joshu.... eh (JABHACKSOUL) is sleeping again :zZZ: , I am his brother. I am working on getting the audio for this stuff (not that I play gta much). Chris Penn is on our Reservoir Dogs DVD and I think I got enough SLJ from Pulp Fiction and Snakes on a Plane. I just have to sort it all out now.

im gonna sound like such an idiot,

the protoganist is tenpenny?

You can't be an idiot, if you are not French and vote. >.<

Yes my brother has beat the game so many times, while I never played it through. I keep loosing interest in the game for some reason around the train missions. But we got to talking about it and other things over lunch and asked ourselves some questions like what was Tenpenny doing all the time he is not seen? We know he was in league with other characters like Big Smoke, Toreno, Truth, and others. But what was the whole mission about catching the train with the vagos on top? We know Smoke got the mission from Tenpenny. So Josh and I are filling in the blanks. I hope you will enjoy how we fill them in because I hate plot holes. I know that rockstar won't have the same storyline as us and I know that we will probably insult some Otaku Fanboy. :pissedred: But hey that's art. I am going to make a zombie mission as said above but I promise it will make sense. Joshua is working hard on the coding and yes he has CJ in the cop uniform now but when he gets busted or wasted he is in his underwear. He believes you will get a preview by this weekend. But IMHO if he wants it bug free and with audio maybe next weekend. Also we are going to say "You're Fire" instead of "Busted". Then that whole no clothes thing works. :rofl2:

I just wanted to update you guys on the status of our WIP and let you know it is progressing. I finished my summer job I held at the Mall so I won't be busy working and I start back to school this Tuesday. So I will be free to work on this a lot more throughout the Fall and Winter months ahead. School? Nah it won't get in the way, my grades suck because I let them suck. Why? Well the US education system hands you a diploma when you graduate from High School even if you suck. Answer this, Why does the drug addicted drooler in the back of the classroom get the same diploma as everyone else? The day they start posting my GPA on my diploma I will start caring. So here is the progress to date:

What is Working?

• Tenpenny is in Player1 and it was done with 2 lines of code!! I tried the graphics route, but his face is distorted on the CJ model. CJ has a wider head.
  • Pulaski and Hernandez get into the Cop Car and Pendelbury jumps on a HPV 1000 bike.
  • Chase begins and if you kill Pendelbury you get Mission Complete and gain respect.
  • Busted and Wasted are working fine.

What is NOT Working yet?

• Tenpenny sounds like CJ in many scenes such as getting hit by other cars while driving. ToonSkull is working on it.
  • Pulaski and Hernandez are not cops but coded as Grove Street Gang so they wont shoot you. But they love shooting cops!
  • Pendelbury is too easy to kill.
  • Sound and cut scenes for this mission are not finished.
  • Fading is not working at all.

It's the labor day weekend and I will be working on this tonight and plan to post the entire code with the compiled main.scm for continued education of modding community. See I am all for education when it makes sense!

JAB B)

Edited by JAB HacksouL

Sounds cool. Are you sure that you will change back into CJ after the mission is over?

Tenpenny doesn't change back into CJ at all. You will have to swap out a few files (we are hoping to have an installer/uninstaller for the final version) we are running 2 copies original and modded.

Nice to see you're getting some progress, unlike a load of people who start on something. Good job =)

Thanks, but most teens are not quite like us, we are unique. :wacko: Josh has been modding cars and textures before this. I have a little man screaming in my brain "Let me out!", :weird: I keep trying to kill him by pouring coke my ear. :clapping: Actually if you add our age together you would get one weird 30 year old male living in his parents basement feeding off the dead rats.... Where was I? Oh yes, unlike Josh (JAB) I have 133 IQ and keep the little men quiet in my head while I keep busy thinking. If they would just stop singing the theme song to Barney I would be ok. :dribble:

But seriously Sky we finish what we star

got a predicted release time?

We just got started and Josh has the mission workable, he is now coding the cutscenes but is having trouble placing the camera. I am going over audio replacing old lines with our new stuff. The beta version with mission one and source code will be available to download this week. If you are bored and would like to laugh at us this is a small sample of our work:

The final product with ALL the missions could take us a few months Winter would be the best I could guess at this point.

Oh God help me... :withstupid:

Yes that's my taller yet younger brother up there, take a bow block head!

Ok it is almost done (the beta 1st mission only version of Tenpenny Stories) where you play Officer Tenpenny while CJ runs around doing his thang. The Sanny Script is well documented and will be available for you mod hounds to use and abuse. Just hammering out some audio files.

Then in a few months I will have the FULL VERSION done and release that upon you.

I will be making more mission and have more things available like bars, gambling, and weapons. Things you won't be able to do as Tenpenny are buy street clothes and change body shape. You can get exercise to increase stats but it won't show on the model. I refuse to do any stupid missions about swimming, they are pointless. IF you want to go diving for oysters that's fine. But no swimming missions. Flight school will be opened but won't be needed on the flying missions since Tenpenny is already an amateur pilot. I have read countless times how people hate certain aspects of the game and I want to avoid those. I plan to have a lot of fighting, shooting and car chases. My brother... is comedy relief. Let's see some pics...

pjhcxogwde.thumb500.jpg

yvegzgynle.thumb160.jpg ludkfbfaxz.thumb160.jpg mjwtuioeku.thumb160.jpg diaseluxbv.thumb160.jpg