WIP: Tenpenny Stories

JAB HacksouL

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that's awesome!

But is that legal?

Lol don't get me wrong, you can change the game script, but from what I know it will be illegal to distribute without the agreement of R* or something else.

I'm not sure if it is illegal actually. But my guess is they contacted R* for permission to do it.

But I actually doubt it is illegal, after all...your editing the files to make the game better and fun. ;)

The only thing I know that's illegal is the distribution of the exe. There are so many mods out there, I'm sure someone would've spoke up by now if it was illegal.

Surly it must be illegal if you get it off of a Pay Site though, I cant remember which site it is, but arent u so p*ssed off with that site that makes you pay for a download, when the site doesnt make the mods themselve, they just get them off random people

It's completely legal. I'm pretty sure it says in the T's and C's (If youd've read em) that you're allowed to distribute files so long as they are not the .exe or .dll files. Besides, we are helping R* - Most of the people who buy San Andreas for PC bought it just for the mods. I know I did anyway...

To be honest, if it wasn't for mods. I might've actually started to get bored of SA in two years time. Now I can play for 5 years b4 even thinking of getting bored.

BEST GAME EVER. I'm planning on making a little video for it ;)

The only thing I know that's illegal is the distribution of the exe. There are so many mods out there, I'm sure someone would've spoke up by now if it was illegal.

Oh I believe Ben Feder has spoken, I posted it over in the lounge area.

I think it is the gray area of legal. There are some loopholes (fair use) in the copyright law:

Fair Use Includes

1. criticism, comment, news reporting - otherwise CNN would be in court all the time.
  2. teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research - this one is mine!
  3. creators of parodies and satire - SNL, MAD TV, Daily Report etc.
  4. some internet media can also fall under fair use (such as thumb nails of copyrighted images) - YAY! Avatars!!

I am not only learning to write code but I am giving my code out as a learning tool and this is not an infringement of copyright. EAT MY SHORTS Ben Feder!

Thanks for looking over the mod, btw there is some kind of a glitch that causes the game to exit. Seems to be centered on mission failure by letting them get away. Let me know of any other bugs.

JAB B)

1. criticism, comment, news reporting - otherwise CNN would be in court all the time.
  2. teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research - this one is mine!
  3. creators of parodies and satire - SNL, MAD TV, Daily Report etc.
  4. some internet media can also fall under fair use (such as thumb nails of copyrighted images) - YAY! Avatars!!

Hmm... That reminds me. How close would you say main.scm modding is to C++? I want to further proove to my mummaa that what I'm doing with SA most of the time is educational...

Really, it is. I film Machinima's, code scripts, make animations, make artwork... In fact, the only times I actually play SA is when I get distracted from what I'm doing on it by a nice looking gas tank of a car xD. Which only lasts 30 secs ^_^

GTASA has become a tool in my life. One which I use for just about everything. I even have a website and forum about it.... Jeeeesh. I never even play the mods I make or that I download :P Reminds me... I should play GTASA sometime. It looks good! :lol:

Actually my Dad said it is closer to ASM or assembly code which is much more difficult to master than C++ and he should know since he programs for a living.

Does this look similar or what?

.model small
.stack
.data
message   db "Hello world, I'm learning Assembly !!!", "$"

.code

main   proc
  mov   ax,seg message
  mov   ds,ax

mov   ah,09
  lea   dx,message
  int   21h

mov   ax,4c00h
  int   21h
main   endp
end main

After the header, proc is short for procedure, mov is short for move, so the line after proc is moving the message into the AX register. Then the location of the message is sent to the DX register on the next line. Next the AH is loaded with a value of 9. lea is load effective address then interrupts (int 21h) is a command for a routine by the processor and there are big books with lists of what each one does. This one happens to write a string to the screen. Then last two lines send 4C00 hexidecimal to the AX which is an exit code telling int 21h to end without error.

That to me is too much work to print out "Hello world, I'm learning Assembly !!!" That was my first intro to ASM and I never touched it again.

In C++ you can do this same code:

main()
{
cout << "Hello world, I'm learning Assembly !!!";
return 0;
}

So tell your Mom that there is a 43 year old man in Michigan who says you are learning a great deal more than C++ and you will be ahead of the game. He is kind of hovering in the room... said something about logic, math and lost me after that... I do this because it is fun.

JAB B)

• 1 month later...

I wanted to use my own cut scenes in this production. However Josh says you guys cant put video access into the scm code. So I made this promo video instead.

The video graphics are done using "The Movies" another video game/sim/tool. I know Tenpenny looks real young but that was the best I could do. You can age the actors but it didn't look right. If you want a higher resolution version you can see it here and even download it.

But like I said there wont be graphics like this in our final product because it would bloat the size of our mod and they don't work with the scm code. Well that's what I have been up to how about you?

Very nice. Still can't wait to see it released. I have a feeling this is going to be a BIG popular San Andreas mod. ;)

I©e I will settle for complete and fully functional. ;)

Poor ToonSkull was really hoping to inject those videos for you guys to have some awesome cut scenes but the best laid plans don't always work out that way. Our Dad read that little speech in and TS tweaked the audio and added some public domain background music. Just to let everyone know all the missions are ready I am in the process of getting them glued into the main.scm and I am using some of the original cut scenes and vocals from the game. There is hope in me that people will enjoy the missions and story, but that really isn't the reason why we made it. We made this to show the modding community the possibilities open to them if they apply themselves to the tools. Stop asking other people to make things for you and try it yourself. You can always ask for advice. I admit I have a slight advantage with my Dad being who he is and all. But he hasn't type a single line of code. We did rope him into doing a few of the secondary characters lines. At the moment I am supposed to be at school --but I took the day off-- I think I am allergic to Civics Class. :P

JAB B)

@JAB

Sooooo great! I'm recently working on a CLEO Trainer for San Andreas :D I can say it'll be nearly as good as the usual .exe trainers with a few more and a few less features. The only other trainer I've seen uses nothing but hotkeys (Which can get confusing) and doesn't have as many features as I'd liked. And the death of my GTASA Console made me want to make this even more perfect :P

Enuf bragging... Anyway, your first mission release helped me alot. I feel alot more confident about creating missions after reading it. Especially since I know now how much like normal threads they are... Hopefully there will be more missions being created. I actually cant seem to find many that aren't in a total conversion :(

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, the count down is on...

I have 2 missions to finish coding (just adding the subtitles and info boxes on some) and most of it is GXT work is simple enough. Don't blame me if I misspell something (I use a spell checker on here) and I make mistakes. Vincent is working on the Audio we have some great one-liners from Samuel L Jackson's movies Swat, Twisted, Shaft, and others. There are 15 original missions and a few more you might recognize as "refurbished" :whistle:

I have been working on "End of the Line" for the last few days. I decompiled the SCM and cut out the last part FinaleC and it is 7000+ lines long! So I rebuilt it using that as the template but my version only boils down to about 1000 lines of code. The part we are still working out is how to upload/download should work. My brother wants to make 2 versions one with the files all compiled and ready (very big download) and the other with the sounds needed to inject using SAAT.

I hope to have this project uploaded within a few weeks. And I want to state again, while this is entertaining value to many people on here. I did this for public education and I want people to use the code to learn to mod. I am not going to whine if some one makes more Tenpenny missions and adds them to mine. I won't be fussing that some lamer stole my mods. You can't steal what I give away freely and the value of a secret is worthless.

JAB B)

BTW here is some code you will NOT see in Tenpenny Stories have fun with it!

DEFINE MISSIONS 1	  

DEFINE MISSION 0 AT @DOGFIGHT

DEFINE EXTERNAL_SCRIPTS 0

DEFINE UNKNOWN_EMPTY_SEGMENT 0

DEFINE UNKNOWN_THREADS_MEMORY 500

{$VERSION 3.1.0027}
var
$PLAYER_CHAR: Player
end // var
//Main thread starts here
03A4: name_thread 'MAIN'
//Set the screen BLACK immediately
016A: fade 0 time 0		  
01F0: set_max_wanted_level_to 6
0111: toggle_wasted_busted_check 0
00C0: set_current_time_hours_to 8 minutes_to 0
//Create Player at Runway in Desert
04E4: unknown_refresh_game_renderer_at 323.5454 2540.254
Camera.SetAtPos(323.5454, 2540.254, 15.8085)
$PLAYER_CHAR = Player.Create(#NULL, 323.5454, 2535.254, 15.8085)
Player.SetClothes($PLAYER_CHAR, "VEST", "VEST", Torso)
Player.SetClothes($PLAYER_CHAR, "JEANSDENIM", "JEANS", Legs)
Player.SetClothes($PLAYER_CHAR, "SNEAKERBINCBLK", "SNEAKER", Shoes)
Player.SetClothes($PLAYER_CHAR, "PLAYER_FACE", "HEAD", Head)  
Player.Build($PLAYER_CHAR)
01F5: $PLAYER_ACTOR = create_player_actor $PLAYER_CHAR
07AF: $PLAYER_GROUP = player $PLAYER_CHAR group
01B6: set_weather 1
0001: wait 0 ms
01B4: toggle_player $PLAYER_CHAR can_move false
04BB: select_interior 0
0629: change_integer_stat 181 to 4  //Unlocks ALL cities and ZONES!
016C: restart_if_wasted_at 323.5454 2535.254 15.8085 angle 90.0 town_number 0
016D: restart_if_busted_at 323.5454 2535.254 15.8085 angle 90.0 town_number 0
// Note: your missions have to use the variable defined here
0180: set_on_mission_flag_to $ONMISSION  
0004: $DEFAULT_WAIT_TIME = 250
03E6: remove_text_box
// START GAME
$ONMISSION = 0  
//Free the players movements
016A: fade 1 time 500
0001: wait 1000 ms
Player.CanMove($PLAYER_CHAR) = True
Camera.Restore_WithJumpCut
Camera.SetBehindPlayer

:MAIN_LOOP
0001: wait $DEFAULT_WAIT_TIME ms
00BF: $TIME_HOURS = current_time_hours, $TIME_MINS = current_time_minutes

if and
$ONMISSION == 0
00E1:   player 0 pressed_key 11
jf @MAIN_LOOP

start_mission 0

0002: jump @MAIN_LOOP

:DOGFIGHT
thread 'DOGFIGHT'
gosub @DOGFIGHT_100
if
wasted_or_busted
else_jump @DOGFIGHT_8000

end_thread

:DOGFIGHT_100
// Locks your player so you can't move just yet
Player.CanMove($PLAYER_CHAR) = False
100@ = 0
$ONMISSION = 1
//Load Models
0395: clear_area 1 at 323.5454 2540.254 15.8085 radius 50.0
Model.Load(#RUSTLER)
Model.Load(#WFYCLOT)	// Cool Female Pilots!!
038B: load_requested_models
//Check for Models Loading
:DOGFIGHT_110
wait 0
if or
Model.Available(#RUSTLER)
Model.Available(#WFYCLOT)
jf @DOGFIGHT_110

//Place my plane on the Airstrip
125@ = Car.Create(#RUSTLER, 323.5454, 2540.254, 15.8085 )
Car.Angle(125@) = 180.0
//126@ is an array of 2 integers 48@ is the index
48@ = 0   //Place Plane #0
00A5: 126@(48@,2i) = create_car #RUSTLER at 421.3578 2515.6172 16.7772
Car.Angle(126@(48@,2i)) = 90.0
009A: 123@(48@,2i) = create_actor_pedtype 5 model #WFYCLOT at 424.3162 2509.3926 16.4844
Actor.Angle(123@(48@,2i)) = 90.0
48@ = 1   //Place Plane #1
00A5: 126@(48@,2i) = create_car #RUSTLER at 421.3578 2496.7336 16.7842
Car.Angle(126@(48@,2i)) = 90.0
009A: 123@(48@,2i) = create_actor_pedtype 5 model #WFYCLOT at 424.3162 2488.623 16.4922
Actor.Angle(123@(48@,2i)) = 90.0
//Let's get into the air!
Player.CanMove($PLAYER_CHAR) = True

:DOGFIGHT_120
wait 0
//Wait loop for CJ to get into the cockpit... heh heh... I said cock.;)
if
Actor.DrivingPlane($PLAYER_ACTOR)
jf @DOGFIGHT_120
//Ladies to your planes!
48@ = 0
05CB: AS_actor 123@(48@,2i) enter_car 126@(48@,2i) as_driver -1 ms
48@ = 1
05CB: AS_actor 123@(48@,2i) enter_car 126@(48@,2i) as_driver -1 ms

//Dramatic cut away shot
067C: put_camera_on_actor 123@(48@,2i) with_offset 12.0 -6.0 6.0 rotation 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 2
wait 7000
Camera.Restore_WithJumpCut
Camera.SetBehindPlayer

48@ = 0
04D2: set_plane 126@(48@,2i) fly_autopilot_around_point 328.9085 2503.646 200.0 altitude_between 0.0 and 250.0
50@ = Marker.CreateAboveCar(126@(48@,2i))
07E0: set_marker 50@ type_to 0
0165: set_marker 50@ color_to 0
48@ = 1
04D2: set_plane 126@(48@,2i) fly_autopilot_around_point -228.9085 2503.646 300.0 altitude_between 0.0 and 250.0
51@ = Marker.CreateAboveCar(126@(48@,2i))
07E0: set_marker 51@ type_to 0
0165: set_marker 51@ color_to 0

:DOGFIGHT_160
wait 0

if
00E1:   player 0 pressed_key 10  //Wait until the player presses N To begin the dogfight
jf @DOGFIGHT_160
{
//This code will have them launching missiles at you from their planes. Just remove the braces.
48@ = 0
070E: hydra 126@(48@,2i) attack_player_car $PLAYER_CHAR radius 10.0
48@ = 1
070E: hydra 126@(48@,2i) attack_player_car $PLAYER_CHAR radius 10.0
}
:DOGFIGHT_900
wait 0
48@ = 0
if
Car.Wrecked(126@(48@,2i))
jf @DOGFIGHT_900

:DOGFIGHT_910
wait 0
48@ = 1
if
Car.Wrecked(126@(48@,2i))
jf @DOGFIGHT_910

return
//If you can win this mission you get $2000!
:DOGFIGHT_8000
030C: progress_made += 1
0394: play_music 1
Player.ClearWantedLevel($PLAYER_CHAR)
//01E3: show_text_1number_styled GXT 'M_PASSR' number 7 time 5000 style 1  // MISSION PASSED!~n~~w~RESPECT +
//0998: add_respect 1
//When money is given you should use these lines.
01E3: show_text_1number_styled GXT 'M_PASS' number 2000 time 5000 style 1  // MISSION PASSED!~n~~w~$~1~
Player.Money($PLAYER_CHAR) += 2000
$ONMISSION = 0
01BD: $CURRENT_TIME_IN_MS = current_time_in_ms
Model.Destroy(#RUSTLER)
Model.Destroy(#WFYCLOT)
mission_cleanup
end_thread

So, fuck you.

I think this mod will be a great success and not all mods need a beta for your information.

Wow, it's his opinion. Hush. Besides, joelzaar. JAB said WHY he's even doing it in the first place, not even a few posts up from yours. Just because you wouldn't have enough motivation to go through and finish it doesn't mean these guys don't.

We made this to show the modding community the possibilities open to them if they apply themselves to the tools. Stop asking other people to make things for you and try it yourself.

It'd really help if you'd read through the topic, I'm certainly confident this will come out good. For the mod and the community.

i have an idea.... at the six star mode you could modify the game code to automatically activate the riot mode and then as riots break out it breaks into a new mission, then it would be a great posistion to let your bro do the whole zombie thing....... you know, theres a riot zombotech experiments escape you know something like that

I think this mod will die at some point before release. Theres to much work and it hasnt even got a beta point yet. Sorry but a thumbs down from me :thumbsdown:

I sorry to burst your bubble. But I am right now in the process of adding subtext, credits, you know... the little shit. I can play it, save, etc.. There are still somethings I would like to get tweaked prior to release. I was going to release a beta a while back... but my brother and I make pretty quick progress. I am impressed how my brother has edited the audio into a script that makes actual sense. Although due to the removal of some background noise the audio is less than perfect.

So, fuck you.

I think this mod will be a great success and not all mods need a beta for your information.

While I do appreciate the support, everyone has the right to their own opinion. Even if it is an opinion like "fuck you".

I'm with Spider. Your own inability to see something through is not important here.

I like the concept. Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks, my Dad tells us to always set a project deadline and then notify people if you deadline is not going to be met.

Looks like Christmas or before at the current point. So 12/25/2008.

i have an idea.... at the six star mode you could modify the game code to automatically activate the riot mode and then as riots break out it breaks into a new mission, then it would be a great posistion to let your bro do the whole zombie thing....... you know, theres a riot zombotech experiments escape you know something like that

At this point I would love to add stuff... actually it is driving my brother crazy. We began with a short simple concept and I kept adding stuff to it. The zombotech mission is actually chemically made super soldiers created using homeless volunteers.

I would also like to point out there is unused audio inside the cut scene audio data. Doberman was originally a CRASH mission. R* changed that taking out the cut scene but not the audio. I would love to see someone rebuild the cut scene!

Well I just came in actually to make sure I was spelling names properly...

I got to get ready for skool (I work on this in my spare time at school) I can access my Dad's network from there. What my teachers don't know can't hurt them.

JAB B)

I'm with Spider. Your own inability to see something through is not important here.

I like the concept. Keep up the good work. :)

:hurrhurr:

So, fuck you.

Wow, it's his opinion. Hush. Besides, joelzaar. JAB said WHY he's even doing it in the first place, not even a few posts up from yours. Just because you wouldn't have enough motivation to go through and finish it doesn't mean these guys don't.

We made this to show the modding community the possibilities open to them if they apply themselves to the tools. Stop asking other people to make things for you and try it yourself.

It'd really help if you'd read through the topic, I'm certainly confident this will come out good. For the mod and the community.

Eh, sorry man. I've been in bad mood lately.