WIP: Tenpenny Stories

JAB HacksouL

AH, beat my brother in here this time. Welcome to the Friday update.

Well I managed to find even more to rip out of the SCRIPT audio and toss. I did a remix on some of the audio, and found some great TTS software to add even more voices. Don't worry they won't sound like robots... I know my sounds.

I have to wait for JAB (Joshua) to finish fine tuning about 3 missions and it looks to me like a mid to late July release but I won't jinx it by saying it so... I think we all know how something simple can snowball into something much bigger.

Josh was working on the "Epislon Cult" and "Jefferson Airplane" last. Looking over his notes I see, he has to do Chinese Steak, Donuts From Hell, and Court Room Riot remaining.

Well as some of you may know it is the 4th of July tomorrow, and we have parties, shoot off fireworks, get drunk and go to jail. I think it has something to do with England. I don't know why but it seems to be some kind of holiday here... I just go with the flow and don't ask too many questions.

Happy 4th, of whatever.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the late update but yesterday Joshua and I were and a combo graduation/birthday party for our cousin Heather. She had a really cool party at the local train station with good eats and a DJ.

But now on with the update, Joshua is now working on adding the additional dialog (audio that I gave him) to make the missions a bit more pleasing to the ears. He said as long as Mom stays off his back this week he can actually get it done soon. Mom wants him outside doing "things".

I am putting together the JOE installer and uninstaller. Yes, it will make backups so you can install and uninstall this mod. I don't think it will work with Vista, unless you have your files stored outside the Program Files area. I am 100% certain this will work with the XP and lesser windows versions. But for Vista users I am making a document on manual install.

The PRO version will not have an installer just documentation on how to make backups and compile the MAIN.SCM. File Front has been real nasty and blew away all my images this month. They no longer support images and even my sig is gone so I better go fix that now. Josh and I made accounts with webshots for our images and Josh is more pissed than I am because his tutorials got hosed.

Sorry for the double posting, but I got the JOE Installer working. Now all we need to wait for is my brother to finish his mod. We were testing "Zombotech" mission and it was randomly crashing so he is busy working on that. This will be my last update I will let Joshua know to keep you posted from now on.

Stop taunting us lol :lolbounce:

Still can't wait

Ok Butters! there will be an "official release" of the JOE distribution by or before the 1st of August. I don't know what is going on with my PC or maybe file front but I have been experiencing upload errors. The JOE install will consist of an installer program that makes backups of your files then installs the 4 needed to play the game. Script audio is by far the largest but will make more sense unless you are deaf. My only gripe about the installer is the loading bar seems to stall out at 25% then a few moments later jumps to 100%. Vincent is looking over his source code. If you don't want to use the installer then you can manually install the 4 files.

That should satisfy anyone who only desires to play the 20+ missions. For those of you wanting the source with documentation that will be uploaded later in the month as the PRO distribution. It will be a much smaller package and won't include audio files or the american.gxt but does detail out how I went about making this monster.

Should you desire to add missions by all means that is what this is all about. I don't want to hear how hard or easy a mission was to finish. I just want to inspire you to develop new missions.

This will be it for a while and I will get this uploaded by this weekend either here or the garage or somewhere and you will hear about it.

JAB B)

NOTE: This is no longer a WIP so a new topic has been made here: Tenpenny Stories

Edited by JAB HacksouL